Akihiko, Mitsuru Debut In New Persona Fighter Screens

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Akihiko, Mitsuru Debut In New Persona Fighter Screens

A new batch of screenshots from Persona 4: The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena include a shirtless Akihiko and a sword-wielding Mitsuru in fetish gear.

Though we have yet to hear of a release date for Atlus' upcoming Persona-based fighting game, or even if it's coming to Western shores, imagery from the game continues to slowly leak out. Despite all the mystery surrounding the title, at least we know that it's going to look really, really cool, right?

The latest batch of pictures focuses on Mitsuru Kirijo and Akihiko Sanada from the phenomenal Persona 3. Both characters sport a more mature, decidedly more threatening look in the fighter, with Mitsuru looking like a futuristic Joan of Arc and Akihiko apparently fresh from fist-fighting a bear.

Other than that, these new images reinforce the idea that this game is something of a mashup of Persona canon and Guilty Gear-style, hyperkinetic 2D fisticuffs. Which is appropriate given that it's being developed by Arc System Works, though how all this will actually function once the game is available to the public remains to be seen.

If, after perusing the gallery below, you want to see more of the game, our earlier coverage [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112860-Persona-Fighter-Image-Blowout-Hits-The-Net]. It won't answer any of the crucial questions I failed to answer above, but it will give Persona fans even more reason to salivate over the game.

Source: Andriasang [http://andriasang.com/comz1z/persona_uim_screens/?page=2]

[gallery=552]

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Holy shit! Nice scars there! Also jesus, is Mitsuru channelling Darth Catwoman or something?
I'm just a bit sad that no signs of Yukari has appeared yet because I'd certainly enjoy beating the shit out of her.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
Holy shit! Nice scars there! Also jesus, is Mitsuru channelling Darth Catwoman or something?
I'm just a bit sad that no signs of Yukari has appeared yet because I'd certainly enjoy beating the shit out of her.
I'd rather pummel Junpei to death. Multiple times.
OP: Yeah, I still desperately want this.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Akihiko and Mitsuru? In a crossover with the Persona 4 cast? There are only two words to describe this...

EDIT: Might we get the rest of the P3 cast plz? Yukari and Shinjiro would be awesome... And it would be fun to finally be able to beat the crap out of Ken. :p

hazabaza1

Nov 26, 2008
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
hazabaza1 said:
D:
How can you hate Junpei? He's such a bro!
Mind you, at least I'll be able to smack Naoto around. Stupid Captain Obvious and all her... being... obvious.
Bah!

RedEyesBlackGamer

Jan 23, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
hazabaza1 said:
D:
Mind you, at least I'll be able to smack Naoto around. Stupid Captain Obvious and all her... being... obvious.
Bah!
You hate Naoto? With Teddie available, you hate Naoto the most? And yes, I hated Junpei's voice and his personality.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
hazabaza1 said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
hazabaza1 said:
D:
Bah!
You hate Naoto? With Teddie available, you hate Naoto the most? And yes, I hated Junpei's voice and his personality.
Teddie scores the "Do want to strangle" award if you ask me. IN ALL DUBS. IN ANIME TOO. HIS VOICEOVER TOO.

hazabaza1

Nov 26, 2008
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
hazabaza1 said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
hazabaza1 said:
D:
Bah!
Nah, I don't hate her, but if she could just stop being Captain Obvious, I wouldn't get the need to slap her :p

RedEyesBlackGamer

Jan 23, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
hazabaza1 said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
hazabaza1 said:
D:
Bah!
Nah, I don't hate her, but if she could just stop being Captain Obvious, I wouldn't get the need to slap her :p
That is one of the game's faults. You as the PC are the only one with a working brain while everyone else....needs a little help.

Gingernerd

Jan 16, 2010
I've been racking my brain to think of Persona 4 characters to fill the apparent 10 spaces on the character screen but there just isn't anyone else.

We have the 7 playable P4 characters + 3 P3 characters now. I'm happy to hear this. I also love the way that the alternate costumes vicariously include other Persona characters. We have the MC as Adachi, Yukiko as a pink blond is virtually Yukari and i'm pretty sure there's a Chie costume that looks like Lisa Silverman from P2! Want more.

So does anyone think there'll be some sort of non-playable last boss character?

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Those are some interesting Character models...

I wonder how many more characters will be in the roster. Hmm.

Although, I think I'll do most of my fighting as Chie or Aigis.

Gingernerd

Jan 16, 2010
Grayjack said:
They better have the Persona 3 MC, or I'll be very disappointed.
I'm dissapointed too but i've come to terms with it. I figured they might at first, but because this crazy game actually has a storyline and might actually be considered canon we won't be getting certain characters. Maybe as an alt costume for one of the characters?

But look forwards to future persona games and maybe we'll get some more of him (it's a longshot but there was some foreshadowing from margaret in Persona 4)

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Wow, whoever drew that Akihiko model evidently also wrote really creepy slashfic about him. Creepy...he wasn't even that interesting a character. Junpei had a much better character arc imho-

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
hazabaza1 said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
hazabaza1 said:
D:
Bah!
Eh, I kind of liked Junpei. His relationship with Chidori was actually pretty interesting.

Ken, on the other hand...