Take 'The Great Muppet' Quiz!

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Take 'The Great Muppet' Quiz!

It's time to start the music and time to light the lights with this week's quiz!

Welcome to the show, ladies and gentlemen! This past week saw the release of The Muppets, featuring the triumphant return of Kermit the Frog, Ms. Piggy, Fozzie Bear and the rest of the gang from The Muppet Show! In honor of Jim Henson's most famous creations coming back to the silver screen, we've put together a quiz about the Muppets and some of their history. Do you think you know who was the first Muppet to be on TV? Or how about Gonzo the Great's girlfriend? Test your knowledge in this week's quiz! Mah-na mah-na!

(<a
href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/179">Take the quiz!)

You'll have as long as you like to take the quiz, and can retake it until you get 100%. Just remember your cumulative time will affect your position on the leaderboard.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Formica Archonis said:
Let me guess... the one about the number of members in Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem?
Naw, it was the one about which was the first Muppet on TV. Shoulda just looked it up ahead of time.
Really? I found that one easy while the Dr. Teeth one tripped me up good. Further proof that people are different!

sky_rider19

Mar 16, 2011
Formica Archonis said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Formica Archonis said:
Let me guess... the one about the number of members in Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem?
Naw, it was the one about which was the first Muppet on TV. Shoulda just looked it up ahead of time.
Really? I found that one easy while the Dr. Teeth one tripped me up good. Further proof that people are different!
That's the one that stumped me. I forgot about zoot.

joe-h2o

The name's Bond... Hydrogen Bond
Oct 23, 2011
I have no idea what I scored - the page just jumped to the rankings? Unless I'm missing something.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
sky_rider19 said:
That's the one that stumped me. I forgot about zoot.
So did I! (Forgot his name too, had to look it up AGAIN to make sure we were talking about the same person.) When I think Electric Mayhem I don't think of... woodwinds.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I scored 100%, with 10 of 10 correct on The Escapist's The Great Muppet Quiz!. Take this quiz [/quizzes/view/179-The-Great-Muppet-Quiz]

...and it only took me 3 tries too. I'm really out of touch with my Muppet knowledge.

FolkLikePanda

Apr 15, 2009
I scored 90%, with 9 of 10 correct on The Escapist's The Great Muppet Quiz!. Take this quiz [/quizzes/view/179-The-Great-Muppet-Quiz]
Yey! Didn't have to look it up though one or two I guessed =P

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
Whoa, 80%, I don't know much about the Muppets either, haven't really seen anything Muppet related asides from bits and pieces here and there for like 10 years, so, since I was like 9. I do want to see the new movie, though...

warfjm

Nov 14, 2007
joe-h2o said:
I have no idea what I scored - the page just jumped to the rankings? Unless I'm missing something.
I have the same problem. What was my score?

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
That was awesome! I got 100% too! Then again I do own the first 3 series of the muppet show, Then movies:
Muppet Movie
Take Manhattan
From space
Wizard of Oz
Treasure Island
Christmas Carol
Great Muppet Caper!!

Man I love the muppets!

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
I don't know if it's sad or not that I got the one about the first muppet on TV right from the Tom Smith song, "A Boy and His Frog". Listen to it if you want to cry your eyes out. Yeah, it's that sad.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Heh. My internet connection decided not to co-operate when I tried to take this earlier. Tried it again now, and apparently I took 609 minutes and 42 seconds to complete it. Is that a record for longest quiz time?

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
9/10 and I didn't have to look a single one up.
Dam but I wish I didn't have to see my ranking unless I wanted to.
Same here. I thought I got the "which muppet was aired on television first" incorrect but I won't know that...I hate that glitch that shows your first score no matter how differently you answer the quiz after X tries...

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
10/10, and in 31st place at 58 seconds. And I guessed on three of those. God, I'm good!