The Resident: Evil: Revelations Trailer Explained

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
The Resident: Evil: Revelations Trailer Explained

The new Resident Evil: Revelations trailer has left the internet in a state of deep confusion, but luckily for you, I'm here to help.

The truth is that I don't know a thing about Resident Evil. Zombies, right? And something about umbrellas? Whatever. For once my utter ignorance about one of the most famous videogame franchises of all times [and yes, this ain't the only one] serves me well, because unlike all the people out there who are struggling to make sense of this trailer in the context of the previous games, I have no such hangups, which provides me with a certain clarity of thought when it comes to figuring out just what exactly is going on here.

So let me lay it out for you.

The video begins with trouble somewhere. Someone has a problem. He needs help, and he's trying to hire the A-Team. Anton Chigurh is up to his old tricks! Don't worry, though, because President Gandalf's got this one. But then the Combine invades! Didn't see that one coming. Luckily for us, Russell Crowe is here to kick ass and chew bubblegum - and he's all outta bubblegum!

Meanwhile, back at HQ, Columbo digs deep, while Grayson Hunt and Angerchick struggle to escape the giant amusement park dinosaur! Then, sketchy-looking Russians! "You have your orders!" Fast cuts! And finally, the truth is revealed: Red Foreman is Caesar!

This could very well be the first Resident Evil game I actually want to play.

The 3DS-exclusive Resident Evil: Revelations comes out in Europe on January 27, 2012, while North American gamers have to wait until February 7.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
OK... so the trailer didn't make me understand any of the story at all. The explanation to it however... simply brilliant. I also can't wait for this game, finally a real Resident Evil for the 3DS.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Wait it's a 3Ds exclusive? Bawls.

Well least Operation Raccon City is still coming for the 360.

theonecookie

Apr 14, 2009
hang on what's to get It seems pretty simple to me

A defeated terrorist group has been resurrected ,that have the T/n/x virus and they plan on dumping it in the ocean to make aqua zombies this would be bad so go and shoot them

Its not rocket science people ,also that guys hair at about 00.50 is ridiculous

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Ugh. You know I'm going to coin a new phrase here. Capcom Cliche:

"Group with a Silly Name attacks City With a Silly Name with Weapon with a Silly Name, and you go in to stop it."

Who else thought the president looked like Old Snake/Big Boss?

Remember when this series used to be about horror? And not some psycho and his supervillainous dreams of world catastrophe?

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
SnakeoilSage said:
Ugh. You know I'm going to coin a new phrase here. Capcom Cliche:

"Group with a Silly Name attacks City With a Silly Name with Weapon with a Silly Name, and you go in to stop it."

Who else thought the president looked like Old Snake/Big Boss?

Remember when this series used to be about horror? And not some psycho and his supervillainous dreams of world catastrophe?
I'm pretty sure it was always about some psycho with dreams of world domination/destruction/etc.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
"Revelations"? I don't want to go all Yahtzee in here, but dayum guys, could you try to be a little more...creative?

Also, the thread title says "Resident: Evil: Revelations". Damned sneaky colons. You okay Andy? That's the second title typo I've noticed today :p

3DS exclusive...may ruin it for me. I've still got a perfectly functional DS at the moment and the lineup of current games - while attractive - is not extensive enough for me to consider it a worthy investment.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I have to say, though I wish the series would return to it's horror roots, this game (and a few others) may just have given me a way to partially spend my tax return.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
I just wish everyone's hair didn't look like ass. Besides Jill. And maybe her partner. Everyone else has ass hair.