Valve Guy Makes His Half-Life 3 T-Shirt Talk

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Valve Guy Makes His Half-Life 3 T-Shirt Talk

Some random Valve guy has been spotted wearing a Half-Life 3 t-shirt!

This is big news, kids. Last night, a Valve employee who is not Gabe Newell, Doug Lombardi or the OMM guys was spotted gallivanting around town in a Half-Life 3 t-shirt. That's right - Half-Life 3!

"All I'm saying is I saw this at a local game developer event worn by a Valve employee," Chandana Ekanayake, art director and executive producer at tweeted [http://www.mondaynightcombat.com/] last night. The tweet also included a photograph of said t-shirt and the hashtags #Halflife3 and #ValveTrolling.

What could it mean? Possibly that work on Half-Life 3 is actually underway in a locked room in the deepest, darkest bowels of Valve headquarters, or possibly that Valve ordered a bunch of these things back in 2007, this guy found a box of them in a closet somewhere and decided to wear one out in public to mess with the internet. I would say it's pretty much a 50/50 situation.

Whatever the case, Anonymous Valve Man clearly didn't have a problem with the world finding out about his duds. "I asked him if it was OK to take the photo and he was cool with it. You never know with Valve," Ekanayake tweeted later. "I did try to smother my face in his chest on the HL3 logo. He didn't even spoon me back. Jerk."

I would've been a whole lot happier to see someone sporting an Episode 3 shirt instead of Half-Life 3, but after four years of waiting I suppose I should just take what I can get.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I'm willing to let it put my hopes up, but my heart is not set on the idea.

I'll agree with you Andy, cautiously optimistic.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
Trolling at it's finest....

But even i have to admit... i'm having some hopes deep down on my heart. It's like i know i'm being trolled, and yet i want to be fooled in the hopes of this being true :S

TRR

Jul 21, 2008
Yeah I'm not falling for this, the warping on the logo reeks of home-made.
Plus Valve isn't this stupid.

Of course I could always be wrong....

TRR

Jul 21, 2008
HOLD ON. THE LOGO IS REVERSED!
It's supposed to be lambda in the middle with the 3 in the upper right corner.

edit: yes this revelation deserves its own post

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
God damn you Valve! Why must thou torture me like this!? WHY!?

OT: Argh, Valve if you be trolling I am not going to buy any more games from steam...Atleast to the next sale...

May 5, 2010
Wait, why would Episode 3 be better then a full sequel? The only difference between the two is that a full sequel would be a longer game.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Wait, why would Episode 3 be better then a full sequel? The only difference between the two is that a full sequel would be a longer game.
I think that since Episode 3 was supposed to be released in 2009 at the latest, that is before Valve Time struck, that Half Life fans are entitled to a full sequel by now. That and Episode 1 and 2 were supposed to be titled Half Life 3, but that never made it to the end for whatever reason.

Still until Valve actually says something im putting this down to pure, hard trolling.

krychek57

Some Random Dude
Apr 13, 2010
TRR said:

My Spidey senses are tingling with Valve trolling. Google image search shows you are correct.

Wieke

Quite Dutch.
Mar 30, 2009
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Yeah as long as the story picks up directly after the events of ep2 i'll be fine with it. (Gotta get my revenge on, damn those advisers!!!!)

aashell13

Jan 31, 2011
What could it mean? Possibly that work on Half-Life 3 is actually underway in a locked room in the deepest, darkest bowels of Valve headquarters, or possibly that Valve ordered a bunch of these things back in 2007, this guy found a box of them in a closet somewhere and decided to wear one out in public to mess with the internet.
I'm guessing the latter. then again, it is just a T-shirt, and literally anybody can cook up a T-shirt, so this might not have anything to do with anything at all.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Half Life 3 is the name of the new big update for TF2, silly people that don't know that.

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
TRR said:

Considering the fact that there is no publicly available HL3 logo, I don't really see your point. Just because the last two games had the lambda in the middle doesn't mean they would stick with that formula for the third one.

That said, I too, am leaning toward hoaxery.