BioWare Resurrects Mass Effect Action Figures

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
BioWare Resurrects Mass Effect Action Figures

BioWare is taking another stab at Mass Effect 2 action figures with a brand-new dance partner.

Back in March, BioWare had a bit of a Mass Effect 2 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108265-BioWare-Angry-Over-Delayed-Mass-Effect-Action-Figures] action figures. Originally supposed to come out in August 2010, they were at the time pushed back until April 2011 and although the first series eventually did make it out at some point [and then disappeared quickly and quietly], the second series was canceled outright.

But gone is not forgotten and BioWare is ready to try again, this time with Big Fish Toys. Big Fish is resurrecting the second series [http://biowarestore.com/accessories/series-1-action-figure-four-pack] that never was: Garrus, Legion, Mordin and Miranda.

Both series are available for pre-order now from the BioWare store, but be warned that these probably aren't the sorts of toys you'll want to let your kids play with in the mud pit out back. Each set of four action figures lists for $75 plus shipping. Both sets are currently estimated to be ready for release by April or May of 2012.

via: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5865014/mass-effect-action-figures-back-from-the-dead]

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
I might have bought the set had it been a femshep, even if it was based upon the community voted one.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Garrus figures? Fuck yes.

A Legion and Tali one could be pretty cool too, maybe I'll see what happens once I get some money in the bank.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
That price is ridiculous. That's way too expensive for action figures, and at the same time, way too cheap to be something especially nice like PVC. Fail imo.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Shepard's action figure kinda looks like an alien himself.

Or atleast like someone from Jersey Shore.

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
For action figures, they're about mid range when it comes to price. Most DC Direct figures are in around that. As a collector I'm happy enough with the price range. Though I probably wont get the full sets.

I'm very happy to hear about this anyway, as the first batch, Shepard went so fast I couldn't get him and the second wave I wanted to get at least Garrus and Legion. My only concern is that the company making them, I've never heard of and when you google them, this article is the second hit.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
If I was a bigger ME2 nerd, I'd be all over this in a heartbeat...
I'd get Tali and Miranda, and Legion, and Grunt.

Or maybe I'm just feeling the sting of a distinct lack of femshep...

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
So they are pretty much cost $18.75 each. Wouldn't it be better if they were sold seperately and at a lower cost (but somewhat still detail) like the Halo figures?

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I got the Tali, Grunt, Thane, and Miranda Lithographs from their store. I thought about getting the toys, but I really only want the Tali one, and perhaps the Miranda one. If they had the female Sheperd, I'd get that one too. Maybe they'll sell them separate eventually. Also:

NEED. LIARA. ACTION. FIGURE!!!

Quala

Mar 18, 2009
Sniper Team 4 said:
Not really an action figure, but there's always this [http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-accessories/liara-tsoni-statue].

Anyway, these are pretty cool, I might have to get one sometime.

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
So they are pretty much cost $18.75 each. Wouldn't it be better if they were sold seperately and at a lower cost (but somewhat still detail) like the Halo figures?
This is most likely a figure case set and they'll be sold as single pieces too. The original run of the first wave was sold this way.

Dec 14, 2009
But according to Bioware's last attempt at a figurine, nobody will buy them if they don't look like the head of baby was glued onto the body of a stripper.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Eh, I don't really like how they look. They just rub me the wrong way (must be the faces).

Mar 26, 2008
A Garrus figure? Sign me up. They should also provide some of the "baddies" like husks so you can create your own Mass Effect pastiche.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Quala said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
Not really an action figure, but there's always this [http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-accessories/liara-tsoni-statue].

Anyway, these are pretty cool, I might have to get one sometime.
I've seen that. I would buy it but the head and face are wrong. I know that's the style those statues are made in, but it ruins Liara's look.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
hmm they bundled them into packs of 4 so if you want all your favorites youd have to buy both sets a bit under handed if you ask me.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I remembered these figures a few weeks back and it is good to see that they might actually see the light of day at some point in the future.