Critical Miss: Darkly Dreaming Daxter

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
I've never actually watched dexter, or played jak and daxster, so nothing about this weeks comic makes sense to me :D

Gustof26

Apr 7, 2011
Darkmantle said:
I've never actually watched dexter, or played jak and daxster, so nothing about this weeks comic makes sense to me :D
Think Darth Vader, then think the prequels. You've now gotten the picture.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
Ahahaha I so had flashbacks to that serie XD (both of them)
Priceless!

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
Gustof26 said:
Darkmantle said:
Think Darth Vader, then think the prequels. You've now gotten the picture.
ah... character and tone shift so brutal as to be unrecognisable. I think yahtzee calls it "indigo prophesy syndrome"

Tarkand

Dec 15, 2009
Hmm, I guess it's up to your own personal taste, but while I agree that Season 3 pretty much sucked, I thought Season 4 (with Trinity) and Season 5 (with Lumen) were very very good.

Dexter has always had a lot of dark humor in it, even the first season, so I'm not sure where some of your reasoning is coming from.

paketep

Jul 14, 2008
Tarkand said:
Hmm, I guess it's up to your own personal taste, but while I agree that Season 3 pretty much sucked, I thought Season 4 (with Trinity) and Season 5 (with Lumen) were very very good.
Completely agree.

S6, though, I'm not liking much.

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
I thought season 3 was the worst, though not quite awful, but loved season 4 and 5. Season 4 was a great season for changes to the status quo, while season 5 felt like one minor plot given a lot of time and attention, which made a nice change of pace after all the changes in Dexter's life up to that point.
I'm enjoying season 6, though it's not up to the highest standard all the way through. I'm glad they announced that they're writing the show towards it's end.

Gustof26

Apr 7, 2011
paketep said:
Tarkand said:
Completely agree.

It lost that dark majesty, I mean Dexter kidnapping a preacher and taking him out to show him the bodies of all the boy's he's
molester and killed
happens in the first episode and they do little to top that through out the seasons. I did enjoy season four with Tritiy, it was such an interesting season though ending was purely their for shock value. Iumen....nope. I hated that season it was season two and three and all over again.

Tarkand

Dec 15, 2009
paketep said:
Tarkand said:
Completely agree.

To much religion mumbo-jumno, although I guess it was an angle they hadn't tapped yet.

I'm finding Debra extremely interesting in S6 tho.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Once upon a time, Daxter was cute and hilarious, but now that image will forever haunt my dreams.

Creeeeeepyyyyyy

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
the best thing about S3 of Dexter is that since then i expect every season to suck and thus im positively surprised when it turns out to not suck as bad.
Yes, i sometimes continue watching a show because it doesn't suck as bad.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Well... I actually just finished powering through seasons 4 and 5 and I enjoyed them, there were still instances where forensics really should have caught a number of people in a number of places, Dexter himself included, but the writers have since explored a number of themes relevant to our favorite serial killer, and I honestly don't even remember much about season 3.

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
Season 3 and 5 were bad, although season 4 was amazing, and this season also seems interesting, if only because the kills are so disturbing yet silly.

But yeah, the books not so much. The first was good, the second was amazing, but it all went to shit from book 3 onwards

Also, I really want the final panel as a poster now

rayen020

May 20, 2009
thanks this will haunt my nightmares for some months. so i got that to look foward to...