Halo Wars Collectors Edition Includes Map Pack for Halo 3

Jared Rea

Aug 11, 2008
Halo Wars Collectors Edition Includes Map Pack for Halo 3

For an extra Jackson, you too can enjoy the Mythic Map Pack, a unique in-game vehicle and yes, a totally boss iron-on patch.

To ensure that every self respecting member of the Halo nation is picking up the real-time strategy title developed by the Collector's Edition package [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/86186-Microsoft-to-Shut-Down-Halo-Wars-Studio] for the upcoming game, Halo Wars.

Microsoft, you clever girl.

This February, consumers will have the option of stepping up to flavor with the Halo Wars: Collectors Edition and with it, a higher price tag of $79.99. The package comes in a special tin case (of course) and includes three new multiplayer maps for Halo 3 (Assembly, Orbital and Sandbox), a unique in-game vehicle, six collectable leader cards and a "Spirit of Fire" patch that would look real classy next to your Barnstorming and Keystone Kapers badges.

Rounding out the package is a graphic novel, Halo: Genesis, created by Phil Noto (Birds of Prey, Jonah Hex), Graeme Devine (Doom 3, Age of Empires III) and Halo novelist, Eric Nylund (Fall of Reach, Ghosts of Onyx).

Halo Wars is still without a solid release date, but Microsoft seems set on a February 2009 release.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
So, wait, how does the map pack work if you buy Halo Wars for the PC?

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Amnestic said:
So, wait, how does the map pack work if you buy Halo Wars for the PC?
My guess; it doesn't and you won't. The game was built around the idea of making an RTS work on a console... porting it to PCs doesn't make sense, as it wouldn't play as well on a PC as an RTS dedicated-built for PC play. So I don't think you'll see a PC version.

-- Steve

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Oh wonderful. A console RTS. Oddly enough I'm far less enthused than I was.

When are Sony and MS gonna bite the goddamn bullet and give their consoles keyboard+mouse compatability?

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
They have, haven't they?

Am I the only one who was slightly worried that Microsoft was a girl in this article? ^_^

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Amnestic said:
Seriously?

Not the being less enthused about a console RTS, that's understandable (if narrow-minded).

How could someone not know Halo Wars is 360 exclusive? Someone mildly interested I mean.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Eldritch Warlord said:
Amnestic said:
Seriously?

Not being less enthused about a console RTS, that's understandable (if narrow-minded).

How could someone not know Halo Wars is 360 exclusive? Someone mildly interested I mean.
I assumed if they wanted to make an RTS they'd put it on the PC. Foolishly perhaps, but there you go.

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
pfft the only RTS i can ever think of working on a console was C&C

but not interested at all, not even if its on PC, it looks realy poor