GTA III Sticks Up Phones Next Week

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
GTA III Sticks Up Phones Next Week

Come next week, you'll be able to commit vehicular felonies and solicit prostitutes, courtesy of your phone.

Remember how Rockstar revealed that it was going to <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.317804-Grand-Theft-Auto-3-Coming-to-Mobile-Platforms>bring Grand Theft Auto III to mobile platforms? Well, it turns out that the publisher's about to launch Grand Theft Auto III: 10 Year Anniversary Edition for both Droid and iOS.

Essentially, if you own any type of smartphone or associated platform, the game will be available. Here's the complete list of supported devices, courtesy of Rockstar:

Apple iOS Devices: iPad 1 & 2, iPhone 4 & 4S, iPod touch 4th Generation
Android Phones: HTC Rezound, LG Optimus 2x, Motorola Atrix 4G, Motorola Droid X2, Motorola Photon 4G, Samsung Galaxy R, T-Mobile G2x
Android Tablets: Acer Iconia, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Dell Streak 7, LG Optimus Pad, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 and 10.1, Sony Tablet S, Toshiba Thrive

Grand Theft Auto III: 10 Year Anniversary Edition is going to launch on December 15th, with a price tag of $4.99

Source: <a href=http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/19751/grand-theft-auto-iii-10-year-anniversary-edition-coming-to-mobil.html>Rockstar

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Gah, No Droid Incredible. I love being out-dated.

Oh well, I still have the PS2 version.

Spitfire

Dec 27, 2008
By "any type of smartphone", you mean only iPhones and some Android phones.

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
AbundantRedundancy said:
By "any type of smartphone", you mean only iPhones and some Android phones.
Any does not have the broad definition it once had I guess

LordRoyal

May 13, 2011
Meh not going to get it.

I enjoyed the game on the PS2 but I dont think it's gameplay was riveting enough to put on a smart phone.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
"For just about every mobile system under the sun"

The only reason you can justify that is because they're pretty much the only systems that people buy these days. I guess it pretty much boils down to your definition of "under the sun".

But anyways: For$5 you can count me in. Will be nice to have on the plane, train, bus etc.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
vansau said:
Remember how Rockstar revealed that it was going to <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.317804-Grand-Theft-Auto-3-Coming-to-Mobile-Platforms>bring Grand Theft Auto III to mobile platforms? Well, it turns out that the publisher's about to launch Grand Theft Auto III: 10 Year Anniversary Edition for just about every mobile system under the sun.

A list of 18 models
Ahem. I think we're using different dictionaries.

More OT: Cool, I guess. But wouldn't playing this on a phone make the controls even more shitty? The original controls were already bad enough with a PS2 controller...

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Even if I had a smartphone, I wouldn't want this. I have enough issues with people sticking their head in the way at the movie theater, why would I want a game where I have to stick my thumbs in the way in order to play? Anybody who thinks otherwise is a sucker, and PT Barnum would like to have a word with them.
Kakulukia said:
vansau said:
Remember how Rockstar revealed that it was going to <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.317804-Grand-Theft-Auto-3-Coming-to-Mobile-Platforms>bring Grand Theft Auto III to mobile platforms? Well, it turns out that the publisher's about to launch Grand Theft Auto III: 10 Year Anniversary Edition for just about every mobile system under the sun.

A list of 18 models

More OT: Cool, I guess. But wouldn't playing this on a phone make the controls even more shitty? The original controls were already bad enough with a PS2 controller...
That's not bothering Rockstar, since they think consoles are God's gift to them. Sometimes makes me wonder if they even play their own games.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
Kakulukia said:
But wouldn't playing this on a phone make the controls even more shitty? The original controls were already bad enough with a PS2 controller...
Yeah, seriously. I could never get into the games, either the console or PC versions, because I could never find a control setup that wasn't so terrible I didn't get sick of playing after half an hour, whether it was with a controller or a keyboard and mouse. There's so much neat stuff in the games that's just so frustrating to actually access, and I don't even want to think about it with a touchscreen.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Cool now people can crash thier car and crash a car in a game at the same time :).

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
samsonguy920 said:
Even if I had a smartphone, I wouldn't want this. I have enough issues with people sticking their head in the way at the movie theater, why would I want a game where I have to stick my thumbs in the way in order to play? Anybody who thinks otherwise is a sucker, and PT Barnum would like to have a word with them.
Kakulukia said:
vansau said:

A list of 18 models

That's not bothering Rockstar, since they think consoles are God's gift to them. Sometimes makes me wonder if they even play their own games.
They probably do, and they probably have shitloads of fun with it.

Damn it I really wish I had an iPhone now :mad: Or on that note maybe I should start off with getting a cellphone (stupid floors doing critical damage to cell phones)

Darks63 said:
Cool now people can crash thier car and crash a car in a game at the same time :).

Yo Dawg we heard you liked GTA, so we put GTA on your phone so you can crash your car, while you crash your car

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Nice, will be able to get it for my tablet. I want to see all those retro graphics full sized.

Is the Droid version the same price as iOS? How big will the download be?

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Damnit. I have the iPhone 3GS. Oh well. I'll upgrade one day, when I can be bothered. Or just find the game for PC.