The Indie Gala Comes to Town

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
The Indie Gala Comes to Town

Behold the Indie Gala, the latest collection of indie games available in a pay-what-you-want sale with an option to support charity.

It was back in May of 2010 that the original Humble Indie Bundle [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100451-Get-Five-Great-Indie-Games-for-Any-Price-You-Want] got the ball rolling but now it seems like you can't take two steps in any direction without bumping into a hot indie game collection of some sort. The newest member of the club is the Indie Gala, a collection of seven games plus, for those who act quickly, some bonus content.

Here's what you get: the action-RPGs Zombie Shooter 1 and 2, the "minimalistic sci-fi platform racing game" inMomentum, the hacking simulators Hacker Evolution: Untold and Hacker Evolution: Duality, the 2D puzzle-platformer Saira and Your Doodles Are Bugged!, in which you strive to become a "Master Doodler."

And that's not all! [I say that a lot in these indie game bundle posts, don't I?] Gamers who pick up the Indie Gala before December 7 will also get Your Doodles Are Bugged! bonus doodles and the Zombie Shooter Main Theme, the official theme of the Zombie Shooter series. After December 7, you'll have to kick in more than the average price if you want the bonus stuff.

Buyers can pay what they want for the bundle and split the cash between the developers and two charities, Child's Play and the Italian charity Save the Children Italia, and those in a generous mood can also kick in a tip to the Indie Gala folks. One thing to be aware of, however, is that purchasing the Indie Gala gets you Steam codes for each game, not a DRM-free download, so a Steam account - and a Windows-based PC - is required.

The Indie Gala is doing reasonably well for itself so far, although its nowhere near Humble Bundle territory just yet: about 27,000 copies have been sold, for a total of $38,015 - nothing to sneeze at, I suppose, but it still works out to an average purchase price of just $1.41. To learn more about the Indie Gala and maybe pick up a pack for yourself [try to pony up at least a couple bucks for it, will ya?] head on over to indiegala.com [http://www.indiegala.com/].

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
For a moment I thought someone had done an indie version of Galaga.

perkin

Dec 24, 2011
Now in the bundle there is also indie music: Gareth Coker (InMomentum Soundtrack), StarFker (Reptilians), Robot Science (Doodads, Good Luck), The Flashbulb (Terra Firma, L.A.A.D.H.).

You get 7 indie games and 6 indie CDs in total for the last few days of bundle