Trine 2 Launch Trailer Unveiled

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Trine 2 Launch Trailer Unveiled

Trine 2 hit the shelves today with a brand-new website and a mighty fine-looking launch trailer.

Trine 2 is here! I was a pretty big Trine [http://www.amazon.com/Trine-Pc/dp/B002I7KJ5O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323294874&sr=8-1] fan back in the day ["back in the day" in this case referring to mid-2009] so yes, I'm pretty stoked about Trine 2, the sequel to the physics-based fairy tale platformer that finally came out today. Trine 2 looks even more spectacular than the visually splendiferous original and boasts another brilliant soundtrack by Ari Pulkkinen.

Once again Pontius the knight, Zoya the thief and Amadeus the wizard are called upon by the Trine to save the kingdom from a fantastic threat, but this time around there's a twist: the three heroes can now work together to overcome traps, monsters and puzzles in a three-player co-op mode. Trine 2 is built around the same style of gameplay as its predecessor but with more complex puzzles, great creatures to defeat or outwit and plenty of secrets to discover. The launch trailer really doesn't do it justice but it's still pretty sweet, and there's a brand-new website to eyeball at Trine2.com [http://trine2.com/site/].

Trine 2 for the PC and Mac is available now from Steam, GamersGate, Direct2Drive and other channels in both a standard and digital collector's edition, which includes a digital art book and soundtrack, and some European regions are also getting a retail release that will also take advantage of Steamworks for multiplayer, achievements and the Steam Cloud. The Xbox 360 version will land on the Xbox Live Arcade on December 21, while PlayStation 3 owners will see it on the PlayStation Network in North America on December 20 and "later in December" in Europe; DRM-free and Linux versions of the game will be released in 2012.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
I had a chance to play the beta for a preview, and it was absolutely phenomenal. The original Trine was gorgeous and this just leaves it in its dust. It's actually disappointing sometimes, because the environments are so jaw-droppingly beautiful that you want to be able to explore them fully, but you can't.

I hate platformers but I'm really excited for Trine 2. I hope it's a big hit, it certainly deserves to be.