German Game Ratings Board Reveals New Alan Wake Game

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
German Game Ratings Board Reveals New Alan Wake Game

Alan Wake is officially coming back to Xbox in an all-new adventure, and Germany's ratings board just revealed the game ahead of its planned announcement this weekend.

You've got to love game ratings boards sometimes. They're often more reliable about letting the general public know about future games than publishers are. Case in point: Germany's ratings group just revealed the existence of Alan Wake's American Nightmare, which is supposed to be officially unveiled this weekend at the Spike Video Game Awards.

Now, a standalone Alan Wake game for Xbox Live is something that Microsoft's been teasing for a while. However, Germany's Unterhaltungssoftware Selbstkontrolle (USK) ratings board just listed the game with a "16" rating (meaning that the title will be restricted for gamers under the age of 16). According to Wikipedia, "Games featuring frequent one-on-one gunfights and moderate violence (no visible blood) will receive this rating. The game may cover adult themes."

Earlier rumors stated that an Alan Wake XBLA game would be called <a href=http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.escapistmagazine.com%2Fforums%2Fread%2F7.285312-Rumor-New-Alan-Wake-Heading-for-XBLA&ei=wDrhTu3sKoLhiAKd9aSFDw&usg=AFQjCNFVoE30qpQI301uu6KRdMEQQBT8AA&sig2=GDFtsLQG5jtLNIAdXHEbhA>Alan Wake: Night Springs. What will be interesting to see is if American Nightmare is the new name for the same project, or if it's another game entirely. I guess we'll find out this weekend when the VGAs air.

Source: Siliconera

<a href=http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/11/07/first-look-at-the-next-alan-wake.aspx>Image Source

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Fuck. Yes. Reminds me that I got to re-play Alan Wake and all that lovely DLC at some point.

...Germany's Unterhaltungssoftware Selbstkontrolle (USK) ratings board just listed the game with a "16" rating (meaning that the title will be restricted for gamers under the age of 16)...
Here was me thinking that "16" was the skill level required to play the game! Glad we cleared that up!

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Oh.

Mah.

GAWD.

*ehem*, sorry...

If that ends up being a separate title, I'll flip out with joy. Not one, but TWO new Alan Wake games?

Fuck YES X100.

If not, still, totally fucking awesome.

EDIT: Ah... dammit. If you look in the picture, the sign says "Night Springs" and then a number or something. I guess it'd make sense that the Night Springs title just got changed instead of it being a separate thing. But... aw... I want more :(

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Yay. I'm looking forward to the next chapter in the Alan Wake story. It will still star Alan Wake, right, and not some new character? I hate it when series do that.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
At last! The wonderful news I have been waiting to hear. I'm hoping for a full on sequel to the original but either way more Alan Wake is good in my book.

Just so long as it isn't some sort of FPS spin-off starring Barry as the protagonist or something...

SnowyGamester

Tech Head
Oct 18, 2009
Guess I'm gonna have to borrow an xbox again. I wish they'd just release the thing on PC this time.

cgaWolf

Apr 16, 2009
Sparrow said:
Here was me thinking that "16" was the skill level required to play the game! Glad we cleared that up!

hehehe ^_^

Seems to me that stating the reference age makes a lot more sense than all this PG, X, R whatever ratings flowing around in the world. Then again, while we see the PEGI stickers on games, there's no binding classification of games where i live. FFA basically :p

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
"Alan Wake's American Nightmare" sounds more like a spin-off then Alan Wake 2.0. Which is to be expected. Dunno if I'd be really eager for anything but a full sequel.

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
Can't fucking wait. I hope this creates enough of a buzz to allow Remedy to work on a sequel. It'd be a crime to not allow 'em to further expand Alan's story.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Proverbial Jon said:
Just so long as it isn't some sort of FPS spin-off starring Barry as the protagonist or something...
But think of how fun it would be!
You press right trigger to complain and left trigger to do something really stupid. The A,B,Y, and X buttons all control completely different ways to bother people and accomplish nothing. You get bonus points for being pointless weight for the other, likeable protagonists.

OT: I haven't played the second DLC yet, and I need to one of these days.

JackyG

Jun 26, 2011
Alan wake is one of my favorites for sure. looking forward to what they do next.

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
my pants just became white for some odd rearon...

anyway... here's me wishing Remedy all the best... from Finland, to Finland