New Game Of Thrones Trailer Teases Craziness

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
New Game Of Thrones Trailer Teases Craziness

The cold winds are rising, winter is still coming, and it all looks pretty dang impressive.

Even though the second season of Game Of Thrones isn't due to start airing until next April, HBO's marketing machine has been working steadily at keeping the series in the public eye. A few weeks ago, the channel <a href=http://escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114319-Check-Out-This-New-Game-of-Thrones-Trailer>released a production trailer that gave us a behind-the-scenes look at what to expect. Now, HBO's released a new teaser trailer that hints at some new details.

The trailer is narrated by <a href=http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Stannis_Baratheon>Stannis Baratheon, essentially talking about how anyone who stands between him and the Iron Throne is in for a world of hurt. There's not a whole lot of hints in the footage on display here, but the shot of Joffrey disintegrating hints at the character becoming further unhinged as the series progresses.

No word yet on when the real trailer for the next season will appear, but it probably won't be too long, since April isn't that far away.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
One shot of the guy playing Joffrey is all it takes for me to hate the guy all over again. His entire acting career will be cursed by the loathing everyone has for the incest-born bastard.

Laxman9292

Feb 6, 2009
Fuck yeah! Here's hoping that GRRM can crank out the next book to release alongside the show!

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
J03bot said:
One shot of the guy playing Joffrey is all it takes for me to hate the guy all over again. His entire acting career will be cursed by the loathing everyone has for the incest-born bastard.
Stab him. Stab him in his pretty-boy face!

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
SonicWaffle said:
J03bot said:
B-But he was the annoying kid in Batman begins! Oh yeah....

Winter is coming and so am I.

Moses Wolfenstein

Dec 6, 2010
"There's not a whole lot of hints in the footage on display here..."

Umm, yeah. If you've read A Clash of Kings you probably know what to expect, but I know, some folks aren't so into that whole reading thing ;)

ZenoX969

Apr 1, 2011
J03bot said:
Well, there's something to be said about his acting. He really comes across as a spoiled little shit. And while I don't know if he's like that off camera, he sure nails the performance in Game of Thrones. The same can be said for all of the Lannisters. They're a family you love to hate. Except for Tyrion, of course.

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
If you've read the books, you know that what happens to Joffrey makes all his douchebaggery all the more satisfying in the end. Martin can make the most unlikable and downright hateable characters, but he sure does get rid of them in the best way.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
Me want. Now. April too far away. Ugh.

Game of Thrones take my speech away.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
i read through all the books since the end of the first season and everything except a dance with dragons kinda blurs together and i will have to look up exactly where a clash of kings ends (is it the battle of/on the blackwater?) so i have an idea what to except and just how many episodes till joffrey [does not insert event because to stupid to do spoiler tags]

Carboncrown

Oct 17, 2009
Glad to see Stannis is himself after the whole Renly thing ...what? Did you expect a fanboy not to complain?

Seriously though, the three horn blows at the end were a really nice touch.

So exited~

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
Cowpoo said:
Darth_Dude said:
If you've read the books, you know that what happens to Joffrey makes all his douchebaggery all the more satisfying in the end. Martin can make the most unlikable and downright hateable characters, but he sure does get rid of them in the best way.

Your first-born will be eaten and tortured by ancient gods.
Joffrey becomes king of all Westeros, and lives a long, happy life. Obviously.

I hope I didnt spoil anything for you :3

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
SonicWaffle said:
J03bot said:

This is going to be the greatest thing ever!

I'm on A Dance With Dragons. The books are fantastic.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Darth_Dude said:
Cowpoo said:
Darth_Dude said:

Your first-born will be eaten and tortured by ancient gods.
Joffrey becomes king of all Westeros, and lives a long, happy life. Obviously.

I hope I didnt spoil anything for you :3
Personally, I love Tyrion as a character, and I was sympathetic to all the shit he got from the smallfolk despite being an awesome hand of the king. I also stopped hating Sansa after she had her realization that the world was shite and started trying to wise up. So while it was satisfying to see Joffrey suffocate so violently, I was practically sweating, thinking, "aw, they're gonna get it in the neck for this, aren't they?" And actually hoping he turned out to just be choking. God damn, George R.R. Martin can write!