South Park RPG Class List Includes the Jew

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
South Park RPG Class List Includes the Jew

The list of available classes is Fighter, Mage, Thief, Cleric and ... Jew.

South Park: the Game might just be the best game Obsidian Entertainment ever makes. Show creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone personally approached the KOTOR2 and Fallout: New Vegas developer to see if the team could mimic the show's cutout-style animation and goddamned irreverent tone. While we won't know if Obsidian hit the mark until the game comes out late in 2012 on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3, the description lead designer Matt MacLean gave Gameinformer on the classes and combat of the game will taste like Chef's chocolate salty balls.

You start out as "the new kid in South Park when you join Cartman's game and you'll be able to select from five basic classes: Fighter, Mage, Thief, Cleric or Jew," said MacLean. "The Jew is going to be our paladin/monk type character and the current design is that he's a high-risk-high-reward character. The closer he is to death, the more powerful his abilities become. So you're strongest when you are at one hit point, but you're also just about to die."

MacLean said that when Parker and Stone came to Obsidian to talk with the developers, they were a lot more hardcore than the team assumed. "We've talked about a lot of games inour meetings with Matt and Trey. I thought I had played a lot of RPGs," MacLean said before listing a few of the games that came up like Ultima, Wizardry, KOTOR, and Deus Ex. "Matt and Trey love gaming, they are some of the most hardcore gamers I've ever met."

The combat sounds like it will be a combination of Paper Mario and Final Fantasy VII. It will be turned-based but you'll definitely get chances to react to attacks with a timed button press. But the whole gimmick of the game is that all the kids are pretending they are casting spells and bashing each other with maces, but they are actually doing real life things like throwing something on fire pretending it's a magic missile.

Which all sounds pretty schweet. I just hope the Jew class has a secret ability called "gas-powered shower" or "guilt-trip". What? Too much? I wouldn't put it past Parker and Stone to write something like that into South Park: The Game. I'm not sure it would be a South park game without pissing off a few ethnic groups.

Source: Gameinformer [http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/12/12/good-times-with-weapons-the-combat-of-south-park-the-game.aspx]

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Hnnnng. My family's Jewish, but...

I wouldn't say that I take offense to this exactly, but I do feel a bit uncomfortable about it. Maybe it's just because I hate the show as a whole.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
I love the concept and the fact they're not doing it in 3D.(I know they use 3D programs to make the show)

If they can maintain the visual style and humor of the show, it might actually be good!

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
FUCK
this just killed the game for me since in the german version the Jew class will be immortal and one-hit everything, thanks guys.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
If Cleric's aren't Mormon, I'll be disappointed in them. Too bad Chef won't be in it. He would have made a great advisor.

Apr 28, 2008
Kalezian said:
Kopikatsu said:

I wouldn't say that I take offense to this exactly, but I do feel a bit uncomfortable about it. Maybe it's just because I hate the show as a whole.

I really dont see why people get offended easily at South Park.

I mean, its an Equal Opportunity Offender [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EqualOpportunityOffender], everyone from Christians, Atheists, Agnostics, Muslums, and even Otters have been played for laughs.

Still though, I can see some jewish jokes in line with what is already in the show showing up in the game.

The fact that it is a game also should add some hilarious jokes.
Some people just get offended by certain things. Nothing wrong with it, and nobody can control what they are/aren't offended by.

Plazmatic

May 4, 2009
-Dragmire- said:
I love the concept and the fact they're not doing it in 3D.(I know they use 3D programs to make the show)

If they can maintain the visual style and humor of the show, it might actually be good!
actually they DON'T use 3D programs to make the show, When I saw their studio, it looked like they used Flash, or something VERY similar. The 3 dimensional aspects seen in the show are from either external flash plugins, or cropped clips imported over other things in the scene.

Irridium said:
Kalezian said:
Kopikatsu said:

I really dont see why people get offended easily at South Park.

I mean, its an Equal Opportunity Offender [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EqualOpportunityOffender], everyone from Christians, Atheists, Agnostics, Muslums, and even Otters have been played for laughs.

Still though, I can see some jewish jokes in line with what is already in the show showing up in the game.

The fact that it is a game also should add some hilarious jokes.
Some people just get offended by certain things. Nothing wrong with it, and nobody can control what they are/aren't offended by.
Actually they do, the only one who cant control how other people react to things is YOUR SELF. You decide whether you act negatively or positively to something, not any one else.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
AWESOME!!!
I got the reference!
It's from that Lord of the Rings parody episode! Cartman said that Kyle wasn't a Paladin, he was a Jew! AWESOME!
I love you southpark!
Damn, I hope I didn't use too much caps on.
EDIT: Special Attack - Jew Gold! (From the show).

Apr 28, 2008
Plazmatic said:
Actually they do, the only one who cant control how other people react to things is YOUR SELF. You decide whether you act negatively or positively to something, not any one else.
No... they can't control if they react positively or negatively to something. They can control how they choose express their reaction, but the reaction itself nobody has any control over.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
And here I was hoping to be excited about Obsidian's next project...*sigh* back to New Vegas, I suppose.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Valanthe said:
Fox is gonna have a field day with this, and it will be GLORIOUS.
No, Fox wont touch this. Then MSNBC will go apeshit over this and point out how hypocritical Fox is they see the jew class and DONT rail on it like they would rant and rail on an offensive video game that is anything less than favorable to either christianity or conservative views like intolerance toward homosexuality.

Most likely a double dip from Ed Schultz and Rachel Maddow me thinks.