Lineage II Finally Goes F2P In Europe

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Lineage II Finally Goes F2P In Europe

It took a little longer than folks in Europe probably would have liked, but Lineage II is now free to play.

A few weeks ago, NCsoft relaunched its long-running MMO Lineage II in North America as a free-to-play title. However, European gamers were left out in the proverbial cold. Now, publisher Innova has revealed that the F2P version of the game will launch in Europe tomorrow, December 16th.

According to Innova CEO Gevork Sarkisyan, the game's user base is still growing: "We have already seen our Lineage II community grow significantly during the beta phases, and we are looking forward to opening the full service to everyone tomorrow."

The F2P model is launching shortly after NCsoft put out the Goddess of Destruction expansion pack, which was the largest update in the game's history (including improved graphics, faster leveling, new character classes, and lots of new territory to explore). So, if you're over in Europe and have been thinking about picking up and/or coming back to Lineage II, it sounds like this is the time to do so.

Source: Massively

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Wait wait wait... wait... wait. People still play Lineage 2? I mean I played it in beta a long long time ago (or maybe it was Lineage 1...) and I wasn't wholly impressed.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
amaranth_dru said:
Wait wait wait... wait... wait. People still play Lineage 2? I mean I played it in beta a long long time ago (or maybe it was Lineage 1...) and I wasn't wholly impressed.
There must have been since the game released back in 2004 and now is just turing free to play. As opposed to some games with come out and go free to play either the very next year or the same year.

I decided to download it and check it out. Since unlike most f2p, there are NO restrictions to content or anything.

geizr

Oct 9, 2008
I used to play Aion, and a number of the people there had also played Lineage II. Based on some of the stories they told me about Lineage II, it sounded like the absolute definition of soul-siphoning grind.

Really, guys. Some of these captchas are absurd with the symbols.