The Old Republic Ships Without Registration Codes

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
The Old Republic Ships Without Registration Codes

If you've received your pre-ordered copy of The Old Republic, make sure the box contains your registration code. Several copies were shipped without it.

Star Wars: The Old Republic is set to launch tomorrow, after years of hype and anticipation. A lot of people pre-ordered the game from online retailers, many of whom shipped out the game early so folks would have the game available to play as soon as possible. Unfortunately, it turns out that a lot of the games were apparently shipped out without the registration code in the box, which means that they're unplayable until the situation is rectified.

The Star Wars: The Old Republic forums are jammed with users complaining that they bought the collector's edition of the MMO, only to find the registration cards inside the DVD case have no visible numbers. Also, it's being reported that some copies of the title don't even have game discs. If you don't have a registration number, you only have a two-day grace period before you'll be unable to play the game.

BioWare has acknowledged the issue, though, and has posted instructions on how to work around it:

Thank you very much for your patience.

In order to best assist you, we ask that you please send a request in game ticket or an e-mail to [email protected] with the subject missing product key.

Please make sure you include as many details as possible and a list of the item missing, product code or anything else.
Make sure, you include missing product key in the subject please and in the message itself.
Please use the exact same subject as displayed; this is a very important point.

If you have already sent an in game ticket, please try to update the subject and the message, or if you cannot, please create another one.

Thank you for your patience.

This is not a promising start for The Old republic. People with early access have been reporting that the game still suffering from a number of bugs, and others are reporting that there are some <a href=http://www.1up.com/news/the-old-republic-long-server-queues>insanely long load server queues to suffer through. Hopefully BioWare is able to resolve this latest issue soon.

Source: Kotaku

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
How is this a surprise to anyone? This is the biggest MMO launch since WoW and they always look like train-wrecks in the first few weeks. Anyone else want some popcorn? I have an extra lawn-chair in the trunk.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Fappy said:
How is this a surprise to anyone? This is the biggest MMO launch since WoW and they always look like train-wrecks in the first few weeks. Anyone else want some popcorn? I have an extra lawn-chair in the trunk.
That is just in-game bugs. This is leaving people who pre-ordered your game without a way to activate it. It is embarrassing.

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
Honestly I haven't had any problems so far.
At most I've had to wait around in a queue for 5min maybe, got my CE in the mail on Friday and it had my registration code.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
They had better fix this soon to silence the cried of terror from many people who pre-order it.

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
vansau said:
This is not a promising start for The Old republic. People with early access have been reporting that the game still suffering from a number of bugs, and others are reporting that there are some <a href=http://www.1up.com/news/the-old-republic-long-server-queues>insanely long load server queues to suffer through. Hopefully BioWare is able to resolve this latest issue soon.
Wasn't the whole plan to gradually roll out the launch specifically to avoid the queue issue? Best of intentions, I guess...

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Fappy said:
The in-game bugs, not surprising.
The Server-Queues, not surprising.
The fact that I cannot register a game I spent over 170 buckaroos on, definitely surprising.

(170 = 150 CE + 20 Day one Ship)
I guess this fiasco is just icing on the cake then. I'm sorry this happened to you guys. I'd be pissed.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Ghostwise said:
Lol EPIC FAIL! Bioware.....you're better than this.
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Fappy said:
That is just in-game bugs. This is leaving people who pre-ordered your game without a way to activate it. It is embarrassing.
You do know that Bioware doesn't package they games right? Any issue with the packaging has nothing to do with them at all.

Dastardly said:
vansau said:
Wasn't the whole plan to gradually roll out the launch specifically to avoid the queue issue? Best of intentions, I guess...
Them rolling out the launching didn't stop people from flocking to the most populated servers. For the most part long server waits are their own fault.

RedEyesBlackGamer

Jan 23, 2011
artanis_neravar said:
Ghostwise said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Fappy said:
You do know that Bioware doesn't package they games right? Any issue with the packaging has nothing to do with them at all.

Dastardly said:
vansau said:
Them rolling out the launching didn't stop people from flocking to the most populated servers. For the most part long server waits are their own fault.
Where in my post did I ever mention Bioware?

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
artanis_neravar said:
Ghostwise said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Fappy said:

Dastardly said:
vansau said:
You didn't but I just thought I'd included you. Can't leave people out that's not fair. :D

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Nah, this isn't an accident, it's EA's new weapon against piracy.

You see, all cracked copies of games, MMOs especially, have a spoof registration key at some point. So EA has rolled out inviskeytm registration keys to prevent their use by hackers. All future releases by Electronic Arts will utilise this exciting and effective technology.

RedEyesBlackGamer

Jan 23, 2011
artanis_neravar said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
artanis_neravar said:
Ghostwise said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Fappy said:

Dastardly said:
vansau said:
You didn't but I just thought I'd included you. Can't leave people out that's not fair. :D
I was referring to the brain trust that is EA. Leave it to them to fuck up their biggest--and most important--game launch ever. And thank you for the consideration. :p

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Fappy said:
i would be happy to join you, I'll even bring caramel topping :D

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
artanis_neravar said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
artanis_neravar said:
Ghostwise said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Fappy said:

Dastardly said:
vansau said:
I was referring to the brain trust that is EA. Leave it to them to fuck up their biggest--and most important--game launch ever. And thank you for the consideration. :p
Correction: Leave it to some idiot employee who is probably going to get fired over this.

LittleMikey

Renegade
Aug 31, 2009
I got my CE with Product Key inside, very thankful there were no mixups with my order, because I live in Australia (Red Zone FTW!), and getting anything fixed would have taken ages.