Left 4 Dead Fan Film Finished, Melodramatic

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Left 4 Dead Fan Film Finished, Melodramatic

By default, this is the best Left 4 Dead fan film you will see today.

Remember a few weeks back when I posted the surprisingly professional looking trailer for this film [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114655-Left-4-Dead-Fan-Film-Gets-A-Surprisingly-Solid-Trailer]? No? Well I did, I assure you, and it was both surprising and professional looking. Trust me on this.

Now that I've earned your trust, I feel I can drop the coy charade and share with you the full, finished version of the film. Also, it was released a few days ago, so that helped with my decision.

Observant readers may have already sussed out that the full film is actually that clip embedded at top right, but for those of you new to this internet thing, read what I just typed and then use that information to figure out where to look to see the movie. Now hit "play." Now watch the film.

I'll wait.

Finished? Alright, what did you think? Personally, I feel it did an excellent job in capturing the inherent atmospheric oppression of the Left 4 Dead series, as well as the lonesome tension among the core group of survivors. Actually, I'd stack this production up against any Hollywood-funded gaming-based film ever made.

For that matter, I'd also line it up against the latter works of George Romero, or any of the Return Of The Living Dead films made after 1988.

Okay, in fairness, the creators may have gone a bit heavy on the blue filter and that tune at the beginning sounds like an Evanescence one-off recorded specifically for a Hot Topic Valentine's Day compilation album, but otherwise I'm rather impressed with the work Northern Five Entertainment has done here. The characterization, the prop work, the environments; it all rings true to its inspiration, both thematically and logically.

In short: Two thumbs up, fun for the whole family.

Coach Morrison

Jun 8, 2009
So whats with all the random stuff that jumps in around six and a half minutes? The video still looks nice but it stops being left 4 dead and becomes more of a xbox 360 ad.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
At first I was all like "This is really well done and fairly awesome."

Then I was like "SHIT ***** YOU DON'T KNOW THAT'S A WITCH?"

Then I was all like "OH SHIT SAVE THAT ************!"

Then apparently somebody slipped me some acid while I wasn't looking.

And a fun time was had by all.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
My mind!! It cannot cope with the sheer amount of awesomness!!

Left 4 Dead.
Halo
Gears of War
COD
Elbow Music!

Too much awesomness for one single video!! It should be illegal to have that much awesomness!!

Azulmoon

Apr 14, 2009
I do believe that I have been trolled. The film was disappointing as a Left 4 Dead film, but a glorious victory as a trolling attempt. If nothing else, I can commend the creators for putting some serious effort into making my day that much weirder.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Azulmoon said:
I do believe that I have been trolled. The film was disappointing as a Left 4 Dead film, but a glorious victory as a trolling attempt. If nothing else, I can commend the creators for putting some serious effort into making my day that much weirder.
I was looking for the right words to express my confusion, but I think think this^ does it for me

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
Ignoring everything from the appearance of Master Chief onward (whose bad decision was that?), this was pretty excellent, except where's Bill? (If it's after Bill died, then Zoe would know what a witch is.)

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
Azuaron said:
Ignoring everything from the appearance of Master Chief onward (whose bad decision was that?), this was pretty excellent, except where's Bill? (If it's after Bill died, then Zoe would know what a witch is.)
Well the guy getting eaten at the very beginning is very clearly Bill, as evidenced by Zoe holding his beret shortly afterwards, but yes, I agree, Zoe should have known what a witch was, still, it was a decent film... then Master Chief appeared.. and it was a wierd film.

Technically, it was a very good film, the special effects are smooth and the mood is perfect for a Left 4 Dead film until the complete about face at the end, which leaves me a little confused... so the Jury's still out.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
At first I was confused, then it was really, really awesome. It's the perfect L4D fan film and an epic crossover in one.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
That was awesome.

That said...This is clearly post-Sacrifice. Zoey was crying over Bill's hat.

So why did they approach the witch?

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
I'm pretty sure this was made by a bunch of microsoft fanboys. Well I lul'd.

I feel like there is alternate ending where the left 4 dead team is just slaughtered in the most dramatic way possible as they try to save themselves.

The Dutchess

Feb 24, 2011
I was like ... huh that soldier looks like he's dressed in a Master Chief costume, seems like a lazy costume design choice in an otherwise excellent shortfilm.

And then it WAS Master Chief and things were awesome again.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Loved it until Halo saved Louis. I know he's a cool guy and doesn't afraid of zombies but it killed it....then I wished for Crash Bandicoot to come jump on the tank.