See Your Face in Max Payne 3

Hevva

Shipwrecked, comatose, newsie
Aug 2, 2011
See Your Face in Max Payne 3

Rockstar are offering eight Twitter fans the chance to have their face "immortalized" in Max Payne 3's multiplayer avatars.

As far as marketing ploys for Twitter tags go, this one's pretty neat: Between now and 13 January 2012, Rockstar are offering eight friendly Twitterers the chance to have their faces used as the basic models for characters in Max Payne 3's multiplayer mode [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114790-Max-Payne-3-Multiplayer-Is-a-Gang-War].

According to Rockstar's website [http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/casting//], things will go down thusly:

1) Starting today, December 16th, 2011 - and continuing until January 13th, 2012, Rockstar will be selecting people at random that we've spotted using the hashtag #maxpayne3.

2) Each week during that period, 10 people will be contacted to submit us pictures for consideration to be in the game.

3) If you're one of that week's 10 selections, we will contact you and ask you to email us a picture of yourself.

4) We will then pick 2 fans per week who will have their likeness appear as a multiplayer gang character in Max Payne 3.

5) In total, 8 fans will be selected to have their likeness appear as a multiplayer character in Max Payne 3.

I'd be more reassured by this if the word "likeness" wasn't so prevalent, but this does seem like a cool chance to try and see what it's like to chase a Rockstar-made "you" around a multiplayer arena. For those who share my ineptitude with face-creation suites (every one of my Commander Shepards comes out looking like an exceptionally bewildered Moira Brown, the power of her death-stare undiminished by her journey across time and space), this could also present an opportunity to let someone with a little graphical now-how fulfil your self-recreation desires.

If any of you Escapists enter this and appear in the game, do let us know. We promise we won't play favorites with your Max Payne 3-self more than the other characters. Promise!

Max Payne 3 is due for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC in March 2012.

Serfix

Jun 16, 2010
If I remember right they did the same on first Max Payne here in Finland. They had some kind of competition for it and whoever won it got his face placed on some enemy model and he had the chance to play the game first. Though that was remedy who did that.

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
Think it was also the first Max Payne that used real photos of people to create the in-game face models. And indeed, the faces in Max Payne looked very realistic for the time. I think Max himself was one of the graphics guys.

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
I do have the gritty, unapproachable face for it, but thats the last thing I'd want. Only selfobsessed people would want something like that, unless its your job...
Well it is a great marketing ploy, so what the hell?

Slaanesh

Aug 1, 2011
Monoochrom said:
So, wait, they are offering people the chance to be digitally killed again and again and again...and this is somehow a reward?
Everyone knows that when you die, you are offically cool(and that cool factor is squared if you're young). So technically, dieing over and over again in Max Pain has the potential to make you the coolest ************ in existence.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
So you get a chance to have a chance to have a chance to have a chance to have your face in the game and all you have to do is give them free publicity. screw that.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
Twitter fans...

So those who don't have Twitter have no chance? Great.