Spider-Man Meets Skyrim With Horrifying Results

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Spider-Man Meets Skyrim With Horrifying Results

Afraid of Skyrim's spiders? Trust me, it could be a whole lot worse.

Ever since the debut of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim arachnophobic modders have been altering the game to remove the horrifying presence of its eight-legged denizens. Some mods replace the creatures with less aesthetically-menacing ursine foes [http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/14/arachnophobes-rejoice-no-skyrim-spiders/], while others, like the mod seen in this clip hope to give the creatures a more family-friendly, Disney-owned image.

It's a noble idea; "Replace spiders with Spider-Man." In theory that should work, but in practice the results are straight out of a Hieronymus Bosch depiction of that one ring of hell Alighieri cut from his book for "being way too icky."

Don't get me wrong, the mod is successful. The spiders have been replaced by Peter Parker's alter ego. However, the modder didn't do anything to alter the animation routines of the creature, resulting in a Marvel Comics superhero eternally doomed to crabwalk across the surface of Tamriel, feeling out possible victims with his pedipalpian hands.

Then, to ratchet up the horror, the modder decided to demonstrate his creation by dumping dozens of the abominations into the middle of Whiterun's town square. They twitch, they scurry, and I'm almost entirely convinced that if they were capable, each of these mockeries of nature would scream in agony and beg for the sweet release of death.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5870426/skyrimteams-up-with-spider+man-thanks-to-this-pc-mod]

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
A Gent of Villainous Intent said:
Me: HA HA HA!

This is a funny happenst-

Earnest Cavalli said:
Then, to ratchet up the horror, the modder decided to demonstrate his creation by dumping dozens of the abominations into the middle of Whitehall's town square.
Earnest Cavalli said:
Whitehall's
I noticed he misspelled Khajiit in his last article but I wasn't a jerk and pointed it....

Oops, looks like I just did XD

On topic: That's fucking horrifying.

yayforgiveaway

Aug 25, 2009
"Hieronymus Bosch depiction of that one ring of hell Alighieri cut from his book for "being way too icky.""Which one is that?

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Earnest Cavalli said:
...each of these mockeries of nature would scream in agony and beg for the sweet release of death.

Sorry I couldn't find it in english.

OT: That just looks... creepy. I can't come up with a better word.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
J. Jonah Jameson was right all along. The horror THE HORROR!

I applaud whoever saw that people wanted spiders removed from the game and decided "I shall replace them... WITH SPIDERMAN" That takes a special kind of demented lateral thinker.

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Fappy said:

Earnest Cavalli said:
Then, to ratchet up the horror, the modder decided to demonstrate his creation by dumping dozens of the abominations into the middle of Whitehall's town square.
Earnest Cavalli said:
Whitehall's
I noticed he misspelled Khajiit in his last article but I wasn't a jerk and pointed it....

Sorry all. Apparently my brain is already on holiday. I've now amended both of those spelling errors with their correct, canonical versions.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Earnest Cavalli said:
Fappy said:

Earnest Cavalli said:
Earnest Cavalli said:
Whitehall's

Sorry all. Apparently my brain is already on holiday. I've now amended both of those spelling errors with their correct, canonical versions.
Aw man, I was kind of hoping Whitehall would be written into the canon. Probably a cooler city than Falkreath/Morthal/Dawnstar anyway.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
One particular youtube commenter decided this would be a good idea:

Hey0Guy LETS SEE GAINT SPIDERS RESKINNED AS VENOM!!!!

If you think this is creepy now, just see what it would be like as THAT!

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I have to say: that was really creepy.
And that`s quite an achievement, cause i thought the normal spiders were pretty creepy.
But that... yeah, that`s disturbing. Ah, and this is just the beginning.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
immortalfrieza said:

Hey0Guy LETS? SEE GAINT SPIDERS RESKINNED AS VENOM!!!!

Even better Carnage. 50 Giant Frostbite Carnages that use the tentacle rape mod spell from Oblivion.

Also the tentacles need spikes covering them, and make a sound like a baby screaming,

I just scared the hell out of myself, I'm going to go buy a nightlight now.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
It was hilarious when the theme came in, hilarious! It wasn't too terrifying, I can't find a bunch of Spidermans on all fours scary.
Al-Bundy-da-G said:
immortalfrieza said:

Even better Carnage. 50 Giant Frostbite Carnages that use the tentacle rape mod spell from Oblivion.

Also the tentacles need spikes covering them, and make a sound like a baby screaming,
Do it modders, do it now.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Al-Bundy-da-G said:
immortalfrieza said:

I just scared the hell out of myself, I'm going to go buy a nightlight now.
How about all 3? Also, they kick the crap out of each other if they're in the same room.

Freaky Lou

Nov 1, 2011
Al-Bundy-da-G said:
immortalfrieza said:

Also the tentacles need spikes covering them, and make a sound like a baby screaming
This NEEDS to happen. Someone do this once the creation kit comes out, please?

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
That's the second most disturbing Skyrim vid I've seen, and I'm not even arachnophobic...

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
That is scrotum-contractingly terrifying. Although the actual spiders are worse, in the whole "holy fuck it's a giant spider" way.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
doesnt look so friendly neighberhood to me...
JJ was right!
oh man if thats spidey i dont want to see venom! (or caranage for that matter...)
look out! here comes the spidermen!
i can go on all night with the spidey jokes but im off to playing skyrim XD
(last one) i used to be a spider themed wisecracking super hero like you but then i took an arrow to the knee! (sorry for that last one...)