Justin's Five Favorites of 2011

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Justin's Five Favorites of 2011

The five games Justin most enjoyed this year.

Read Full Article

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
I found that burnt out house too! One of my favourite encounters is when you find the character Melka and help her take her tower back. You can find her in the reach. It's an amusing little encounter that I shan't spoil too much.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
That's THREE instances of Skyrim being at the top of the list (unless you're serious about "no particular order").

We still have a chance at making it five!

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
lacktheknack said:
That's THREE instances of Skyrim being at the top of the list (unless you're serious about "no particular order").

We still have a chance at making it five!
I am. I do really like Skyrim, but for example Bastion and Frozen Synapse managed to capture my attention in a way few games ever have, League of Legends still manages to eat most of my time and there are certain aspects of Dark Souls I'd love to see in Skyrim.

I'm also really digging Star Wars: The Old Republic right now, but it was a little too early to make a call on that. I had only put a day or so in at the original time of writing this.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
SirBryghtside said:
I found a burned out house once, and inside was a circle of candles and a charred corpse clutching a scrolls of summon flame atronach. This clever placement of just a few models and assets made for a more memorable moment than the entire story in some other games.
I have to admit, these are pretty much my favourite parts of the entire game.

A broken skeleton lying over a closed bear trap, while another skeleton is huddled by its side. A troll in a cave, with a skeleton surrounded by Stormcloak armour and a note talking about a disturbance, and how it was probably just wolves. A cave full of Falmer and dead bandits, and when I arrive at the exit five less dead bandits say 'What happened here?' and attack me.

Their attention to detail this time round was incredible, but so easy to miss.
Wow, I haven't seen any of that. That's really awesome!
Jamous said:
I found that burnt out house too! One of my favourite encounters is when you find the character Melka and help her take her tower back. You can find her in the reach. It's an amusing little encounter that I shan't spoil too much.
That's the hagraven thing, right? Why did it resonate with you, if you don't mind my asking? (In spoiler tags if you feel necessary?

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
GeorgW said:
SnipSnippettySnipSnip
Resonated? I just found it rather amusing. It wasn't expected and it was a nice little encounter. I guess remember it pretty well because Hagravens are, in general, VILE CREATURES. So a friendly Hagraven was a rather refreshing novelty.
SirBryghtside said:
I can imagine that might've been... Well, more than a little surprising. I know that when I first discovered Blackreach it was like a punch in the gut. I was rather impressed. I think I might go live down there soon.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Jamous said:
GeorgW said:
SnipSnippettySnipSnip
Resonated? I just found it rather amusing. It wasn't expected and it was a nice little encounter. I guess remember it pretty well because Hagravens are, in general, VILE CREATURES. So a friendly Hagraven was a rather refreshing novelty.
SirBryghtside said:
I can imagine that might've been... Well, more than a little surprising. I know that when I first discovered Blackreach it was like a punch in the gut. I was rather impressed. I think I might go live down there soon.
I see. That was actually my first encounter with a Hagraven, so it didn't really affect me the same way it would seem.