New Mass Effect 3 Screens Are Mighty Fowl

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
New Mass Effect 3 Screens Are Mighty Fowl

If you want a look at the most dangerous giant armored space chicken in the galaxy, just check out these five new Mass Effect 3 screens.

The truth is that if you want to get an eyeful of the most dangerous giant armored space chicken in the galaxy, you only need to look at one of these screens, but since you're here anyway you might as well get a load of all five. What's on display? We've got Shepard with a gun, accompanied by Liara and some guy in armor; Shepard with a gun in exactly the same pose, accompanied by Tali and some guy in armor who happens to be Garrus; pensively heroic Shepard being gazed at adoringly by Tali and Garrus; back to Shepard with a gun, unloading it on some anonymous space jerks while Liara and some guy in armor stand back and watch; and finally, Shepard with a gun, unloading it on the aforementioned giant armored space chicken.

[gallery=593]

And assuming that this is not actually a murderous cybernetic fowl from the Planet X, what exactly is it? The inestimable Susan Arendt says it reminds her of the extended battle on the Krogan homeworld in Hard Reset [http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-2-Xbox-360/dp/B001TORSII/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325709423&sr=8-1]. It's quite possible that neither of those guesses are correct, although I suppose that one might be a little more likely than the other. Sorry Susan, better luck next time.

Mass Effect 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-3-Collectors-Xbox-360/dp/B0050SYZS0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325709442&sr=8-1] comes out on March 6 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Hey look, a turian husk. They have appeared a few times in the comics. Hopefully the husks are a good replacement for ME1's geth because the collectors really didn't do it for me.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
And....not seeing anything new.

Can I get something on the conversation front, bioware?

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
CleverCover said:

What's going to be new there? Are they going to drastically change the way conversation works in the middle of a series?

OT: I think first poster is right, turian husk, its got the claws and the armour of a turian and they did say they were branching out into other species.

Dec 14, 2009
Surprised that Tali didn't get an armour change.

Can't wait for this game, despite what the naysayers believe.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Aeshi said:
That's actually an Asari in the 4th picture, not Tali.
Right you are. I don't know why I always get those names mixed up. I think from now on I'm going to start calling them "Facemask" and "Blue."

(And the post is changed. Thanks.)

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
CleverCover said:

Innovation from Bioware? They've been making Kotor again and again with different skins for the past couple of years.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
That... doesn't really look like a chicken. Just some big space monster apparently created by the Reapers. I guess they could be Turian husks. As the Batarian husks look quite changed (read: bulked up) as well.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
To me they seem mighty foul... Heyoo.
Yeah, that's all I got since these screens seem to from the blandest village on the blandest planet in the blandest galaxy.

Camoman

Feb 12, 2009
Knight Templar said:
It's hard to tell, looked a little like a Yahg to me.
Nah, that's almost certainly a Turian.

Also, in the second screen, there seems to be a dead Quarian in front of Tali, so that's something I guess.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
All I got from these screens is that Tali's still going to be a crew member... and the Turian Husk, but everyone else commented on that.

Come on, Bioware! I want to know what we'll see in the story! I want to know of the new characters and planets we'll meet and see! It really feels like you're hiding in shame after the leaks!

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
That creature is either:
a) Turian Husk (Quite likely)
b) One of those bird creatures the council made contact with recently (Possible, I call unlikely by the fact its displayed as an enemy)
c) Indoctrinated bird creature the council made contact with recently (Possible, I'm not entirely sure Bioware would think about their Cerberus Network posts when creating the new game so much as to include something like this though)

Apr 28, 2008
dogstile said:
CleverCover said:

What's going to be new there? Are they going to drastically change the way conversation works in the middle of a series?
Well... then how about some environments?

Just a few big, sweeping shots of environments WITHOUT ANYONE FIGHTING IN THEM (and Bioware, that part's important) would be a welcome change of pace. They don't even need to tell us what planets.

Just... not more shots of fighting. We've got more than enough of those.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Irridium said:
dogstile said:
CleverCover said:

Well... then how about some environments?

Just a few big, sweeping shots of environments WITHOUT ANYONE FIGHTING IN THEM (and Bioware, that part's important) would be a welcome change of pace. They don't even need to tell us what planets.

Just... not more shots of fighting. We've got more than enough of those.
I'll agree with you on that one. I love a good environment shot and there's only so many times I can look at a guy in a shooting pose without thinking "hang on a second, i'm pretty sure i've seen this before".

Hell, mass effect has a massive potential for good environment shots, hell even something like omega would do.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Joccaren said:
That creature is either:
a) Turian Husk (Quite likely)
b) One of those bird creatures the council made contact with recently (Possible, I call unlikely by the fact its displayed as an enemy)
c) Indoctrinated bird creature the council made contact with recently (Possible, I'm not entirely sure Bioware would think about their Cerberus Network posts when creating the new game so much as to include something like this though)
Bioware confirmed that it's a Turian/Krogan hybrid husk.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Josh12345 said:
Bioware confirmed that it's a Turian/Krogan hybrid husk.
Yeah, did think it was beyond them to put those bird things into the game. Kinda a shame, would have been cool. Maybe in the game itself... (I CAN DREAM HAROLD!)