Skyrim Monopoly: Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect 200 Gold

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Skyrim Monopoly: Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect 200 Gold

What it lacks in official endorsement, this fan made Skyrim-themed Monopoly board more than makes up for in geeky attention to detail.

Crafted by DeviantArt user "oddeh," the "board" is essentially a giant graphic overlay designed to be dropped on top of existing Monopoly game boards that replaces the old property squares with more Dovahkiin-centric locales. For instance, "Boardwalk" has been replaced with the town of Solitude while the "Community Chest" and "Chance" card piles have been replaced by "Guild Missions" and "Daedric Quests," respectively.

Likewise, the board eschews the original game's colorful motif for a darker, Skyrim-appropriate aesthetic. Imagery from the game abounds, and monocle-faced elderly gents take a backseat to gruff barbarians wearing horned iron helmets. Oddeh even went to the trouble of designing new faux money, modeled after in-game coinage.

If this adaptation is lacking anything however, its a suitable analogue for Monopoly's iconic character pieces. It would be a flawless redux of the game if only Oddeh had replaced that tiny metal dog with a miniature dragon. Granted, after that idea I'm running a bit low on thoughts for what might replace the thimble or that stupid top hat, but I'm sure the game offers an analogue for each of the Monopoly items. Maybe a glowing basket of Nirnroot, or one of those blue butterflies that's always fluttering just out of reach.

Assuming you can look past this minor flaw, the board is available for download in sizes up to 6,000 by 6,000 pixels [http://oddeh.deviantart.com/art/Skyrim-Monopoly-277655161], so those of you inclined can print the thing out and drape it over that copy of Monopoly you found at a yard sale three years ago, yet never actually pull out of the closet.

Source: Geekologie [http://www.geekologie.com/2012/01/it-was-only-a-matter-of-time-skyrim-mono.php#more]

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
There's an "arrow to the knee" joke somewhere...Makes a nice chance card though.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Can I still play as a shoe? That was the only appeal to monopoly for me, was that I could be a rich shoe. :p

OT: I'd totally play with my friends on a boring friday night, just for laughs. XD

Tuqui

Mar 2, 2011
Forts? I would have guessed those would be the guilds, one for the thief's guild and the other the assasin's one, that way it's more logical(i think)

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
I would love it. But you would need the actual Chance and Community Chest cards to come with it. Right now its a good start but not complete for this to really work. It would break the feeling when you're told to go to Boardwalk when there isn't a Boardwalk.

The most ridiculous Captcha to date: advailar k(MSD)

the spud

May 2, 2011
Well this is the most amazing thing I have seen all day. I am legitimately considering replacing my monopoly board with this.

Paladin Anderson

Nov 21, 2011
mad825 said:
There's an "arrow to the knee" joke somewhere...Makes a nice chance card though.
You have taken an arrow to the knee. Go straight to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 dollars.

Wooo I finally got to make an arrow to the knee joke!

Now let's never speak of this again.

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
mad825 said:
I looked at the chance cards, and one is "Took an arrow to the knee, miss your next turn"

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Too bad they didn't make Oblivionopoly.
"Hold it right there, criminal scum!"

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
Its not actually a bad idea... the deviant art user should seriously contact Bethesda and Parker Games with this.

JMan

Jun 18, 2008
Braedan said:
mad825 said:
I looked at the chance cards, and one is "Took an arrow to the knee, miss your next turn"

Dammit I wanted to make that joke and you beat me to it.

Pebblig

Jan 27, 2011
mad825 said:
On the page there's a link to the chance cards, look at the top right one =p