Take an Adventure With One of Our Own

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Take an Adventure With One of Our Own

If you're a regular visitor of this site, you're probably aware that The Escapist has some pretty talented writers on its staff, but one of them has a deep dark secret: He writes novels, too. News Contributor Mike Kayatta has just published his Diaspora Trilogy, an adventure/sci fi trio of tales. Book One, John Gone is your introduction to the series' hero, John Popielarski, who finds a watch that will let him teleport anywhere in the world, but will also eventually kill him if he can't find a way to get rid of it.

You can snag John Gone for the trilogy's site [http://www.amazon.com/John-Gone-Diaspora-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B006PKIGAU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326211927&sr=8-1] for more information and to check out the cover art for all three books. Oooohh....purty.

In addition to being a News Contributor (and member of the Mighty Corgi Army), Mike "27, lives in Florida, currently has one (somewhat terrible) screenplay optioned." He describes himself as a "rabid gamer, nerd, muppet enthusiast, and spatula owner."

I have about a dozen half-finished novels filling up a folder on my laptop, so I admire Mike's ability to see not just one, but three books through to completion. Congratulations, Mike!

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Awesome! I will definitely have to check the series out. This just confirms the high level of talent that the folks at the Escapist have.