Here's the Complicated Way to Get the Metal Gear Solid 3DS

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Here's the Complicated Way to Get the Metal Gear Solid 3DS

Gamers will have to jump through quite a few hoops to get their hands on this MGS-themed 3DS.

Metal Gear series developer Konami has given out details on how to order one of it's upcoming snake-skin, limited edition Metal Gear Solid-themed 3DS, but interested parties will find it's not as simple as ordering it through Amazon. First, this deal is only available in Japan through the <a href="http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/71680?
style=top_bnr">Konami Style e-shop, and second, you can't directly purchase the 3DS.

Instead, you'll have to enter a raffle, whose winners will be given the opportunity to purchase the bundle, provided they have the ¥22980 JPY (roughly $300 USD) handy to secure it. The bundle will also include Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D in addition to the sleek and scaly 3DS pictured here.

Fans will have until the 3rd of February to get their orders in and secure a place in the raffle, and then the lucky winners will be will be notified on the 10th of February. The game itself will release several weeks later on the 8th of March.

Konami hasn't given out any details as to how many of these customized 3DS will be available, so the ultimate question is, how lucky do you feel, Metal Gear fans?

Source: Joystiq [http://andriasang.com/comzpc/mgs_snake_eater_3ds_raffle/]

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Seriously?

All that just to get hold of a 3DS with snake scales embossed on it? Hardly worth it.

I think you need to try a little harder than this to convince people to even buy your console in the first place, Nintendo. I bought one, I'm still not convinced that it was a good idea.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Proverbial Jon said:
Seriously?

All that just to get hold of a 3DS with snake scales embossed on it? Hardly worth it.

I think you need to try a little harder than this to convince people to even buy your console in the first place, Nintendo. I bought one, I'm still not convinced that it was a good idea.
but what if, the 3DS changes colors and patterns depending on the surface where it's on? =P

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
teh_Canape said:
Proverbial Jon said:
Seriously?

but what if, the 3DS changes colors and patterns depending on the surface where it's on? =P
Now, if it did that or had some sort of stealth camouflage ability, I'd buy another one!

But think about this for a moment. If you're spending the majority of your time looking at the exterior casing of your 3DS, Nintendo is doing something wrong.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Proverbial Jon said:
teh_Canape said:
Proverbial Jon said:
Seriously?

Now, if it did that or had some sort of stealth camouflage ability, I'd buy another one!

But think about this for a moment. If you're spending the majority of your time looking at the exterior casing of your 3DS, Nintendo is doing something wrong.
idk, I think it just boils down to personal tastes =P

dicai

Jun 4, 2009
teh_Canape said:
Proverbial Jon said:
Seriously?

You might not be able to find it later on... Next thing you know the 3DS is grabbing you from behind asking for information.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Proverbial Jon said:
teh_Canape said:
Proverbial Jon said:
Seriously?

Hmm... I think you may be on to something there.

OT: This really seems like a waste. It looks cool, so why not try to make more for a larger consumer base. Hell, if I wanted to waste money on the handheld-remake-machine, this would be how. But I'd still want to hold out until a good game* is released for it so I don't have it sitting on my shelf collecting dust.

*good game = one that isn't a remake or a crap title with "3D" on the end to try and sell based on the 3D gimmick. After that, it depends on the game itself and would require me to play it.

Baron_BJ

Tired. Cold. Bored.
Nov 13, 2009
We have to get in a raffle to win the right to buy it?
Dear Konami: That's not how raffles work you dick horse.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I was waiting to buy a 3DS for this... now I find out it's fuckin' retarded to try and even get one and at such an inflated price. I expected to pay extra, but wow. That is $100 extra after the game. I'll pass.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Yeah, that is one messed up raffle. And is it only for Japan? And is there gonna be just ONE 3DS or more?

BUT! Think about it. You could sell it for waaaaaay more than 300 buckaroos. That's the only reason why I would be interested in getting one and, mind you, I love MGS. But I'm sure someone out there would love it even more than I do. Perhaps someone willing to pay...more than 300 dollars for the game days before its official release? And a customized 3DS? Hmmm?

I mean, how much is the 3DS Zelda bundle selling for right now? And that was like sold literally everywhere for at least a month.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
not lucky enough to want to try, also, that not how raffles work, they're doing it wrong, so very, very wrong

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
Well I'm done here.

You know I was looking into buying a 3DS and that DS would have most likely been the tipping point for me (I finally cracked and bought a PSP when the "Big Boss" Camo PSP came out.) but I guess Nintendo dosen't want my money. It's ok, I understand. I'll just go buy The Old Republic or something.