Wastelander Panda Gleefully Blends Pandas And Post-Apocalypse Action

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Wastelander Panda Gleefully Blends Pandas And Post-Apocalypse Action

[vimeo=35546493]​

You know you're in for a good time when you've got a panda bear wandering the wasteland, swinging a machete.

Let's be honest about something: Pandas probably don't sit too high up on your list of who's going to survive the apocalypse. That may change after you watch this trailer for Wastelander Panda, which seems to be channelling <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Max-Special-Mel-Gibson/dp/B00005R2IS/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1327704406&sr=1-1>Mad Max, <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Kung-Panda-Widescreen-Jack-Black/dp/B001ECQ75A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1327704362&sr=8-2>Kung Fu Panda and <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Book-Eli-Denzel-Washington/dp/B002ZG997C/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1327704378&sr=1-2>The Book of Eli.

The trailer was created by Epic Films, an independent film group out of Australia. According to the company's description, this is the prologue for a TV series it's currently in the process of developing, but further details are pretty hard to find at the moment.

If this video featured a regular dude making his way through the wasteland, I'm not sure I'd be quite so entertained by it. Sure, the photography is lovely anyway, and the voice-over is nice, but the presence of an anthropomorphic panda bear is what really crafts the mystery that you want to investigate.

Source: Geeks Are Sexy

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
What...the...hell?

Why not, if it's like The Road meets Road Warriors with a panda, I'm down with it.

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
If that's in Australia, that poor guy in the panda suit must be sweating buckets the whole time we're watching this.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Why is it always little groups like this that take crazy concepts and make them cool? Big groups take an idea like cowboys and aliens and turn it into shallow schlock watered down so people who can't think too hard without hurting themselves can watch it.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
I'm all for the panda purifying it's water but where does it find bamboo?

Also, who would ever fuck with a panda holding a machete?

And, while I'm at it, who the hell would wear a Panda outfit in the Australian Outback to film this?

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I wouldn't say it "gleefully" does so, I didn't expect it would be so...serious. But somehow I can take it serious. It's weird but there you have it, I'm still intrigued.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
....... Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. Do want. v

Gimme pandas. Serious, gritty pandas.

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Monoochrom said:
Looks mind-numbingly stupid to me.

I'm sure most people here will love the concept.
Aren't you just a peach. Looking to piss off the mods, are we?

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
I usually hate stuff like that but... it looks so... fantastic!

I'm shocked. I actually want to know what's going on. How in the FUCK is there a talking Liam Neeson panda? What happened to the world to allow that?

How the fuck do they expect to fight a fuckin' bear?

Is Jack Black going to make a cameo?

I want to see this. So bad.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
This is what will happen if Bethesda joins up with Blizzard to make the Fallout MMO.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Sixcess said:
This is what will happen if Bethesda joins up with Blizzard to make the Fallout MMO.
...I'm okay with this.

You know, this honestly doesn't look half bad. I figured it was gonna be a comedy of sorts, but strangely enough, It's grown on me. There was this crappy Disney move called G-Force awhile back. Let me get to the point: Secret. Agent. Guinea pigs. I could not take that shit seriously, mainly because of how seriously it acted. I didn't get that feeling with this. It just looks cool to me and like there's a lot I'm missing that I want to find out about. I have to watch this and see this panda's story play out.

Though I've noticed that in apocalyptic settings,the locals tend to go for the guy who looks the most out of place. This panda is gonna have a hard time.

leady129

Aug 3, 2009
HobbesMkii said:
If that's in Australia, that poor guy in the panda suit must be sweating buckets the whole time we're watching this.
You should have seen him when he pulled the suit off at the end of the day. Looked like he'd been drowned. He was real trooper while I was on set though. Got up to all sorts of antics between takes. Kung-fu panda has nothing on this creature.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
haha go to any outback/rural part of Auatralia and its not hard to find somthing that looks post apocalyptic, theres plenty of old rustes machinery lying around on any farm (most ive been to anyhow)

ipop@you

Oct 3, 2008
Wow.

I was honestly expecting some cool Fallout mod that let you be a panada. But this? This is just fantastic, I shall have to investigate further in the near future.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
There are few trailers that have piqued my interest as much as this one. I'm impressed at how the movements of the bloke in the suit and the photography (not to mention that fantastic voice over) made such a silly concept so serious.

Fuckin awesome. Absolutely fuckin awseome.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
ok i am not a big fan of pandas (they obviously want to be extinct, just let them) but this looks awesome. I also like that he left the children it always bugs me when wasteland survival is interrupted by stupid heroics