A Brief Look At The Videogame Defense

tbosky

Aug 30, 2008
GothmogII post=7.69893.674541 said:
Did he just say 'cartridge'? What year is this from? 0_o
I actually thought the article was in defence of the games themselves, or at least how stupid people (or very very smart people) can use them as an excuse for their misdeeds. Then it mentions, -of course- , it's the company's fault.
Hi, I'm glad to see discussion about my post. I did think it was weird that he said cartridge, but maybe that sounded better to him. Also, to be clear, as a gamer I think the video game defense is inordinately stupid and I do not blame the companies at all. I thought it was important to add Waller's quote to the closing of my article because I was interested in his rationalization.

Dec 1, 2007
Malygris post=7.69893.674161 said:
Further, such a strategy can be effective with "an unsophisticated, typically older, somewhat more rural jury pool or judge," Waller claimed. "To an extent, the defendant is playing on the prejudices that these members of society already have towards videogames."
The lawyer's ethical principle that all clients deserve the utmost representation kind of rings hollow right about now, doesn't it?

Phoenixlight

Aug 24, 2008
Well if parents and people who sold games like GTA did their job properly "The Videogame Defense" wouldn't be an option.

vamp rocks

Aug 27, 2008
i have been playing violent games and watching violent gorey movies since i was about 9 and i have not killed anyone, i have violent urges but then again it is the nature of humans to be violent.... somewhat...