A Burgler breaks into your house...

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
Well let's see, I have a pool cue beside my bed for close encounters, have novice training in taekwondo and an air rifle.
This is just to hold out until the police come though.

kawligia

Feb 24, 2009
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
kawligia said:
Well I have seen this thread before and again I would go against the genieva convention, most thieves wan't money and rarely wan't to kill you. This thread should be locked.
Most theives do want money, but the question is whether they are willing to hurt you so that they don't get caught. Maybe yes, maybe no, but I'm not going to trust my life in the hands of someone who has already broken the law and violated my home.

That's why I said above I would display my potential use of force in an attempt to subdue him. If he complies or runs, fine. If he decides to risk it and come at me, he's a dead man.

And no, this thread should NOT be locked just because you have a different viewpoint. If that were the case, we wouldn't have many threads now would we?
Well thats twisting my words to an 8th grade lv... What I meant and should have said is that this thread should be locked NOT because of my view but because it seems more like disscusing what we do to hurt someone. If this actually happens I'll run next door and call the cops. If not... I'll swallow my gameboy for safe keeping.
I didn't twist your words, friend. They were vague at best.

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
Ok something's wrong first "Choose a badge, win a fighter!" and now I see "A Burger breaks in your house..." (Ooh, /insert hamburgler joke. Beat you to it!)

Incase of Burgler: Call police, if he is unarmed then attack and pin him, call family members to help. Incase of armed: Call police, wake up family members and run like shit with cat and gameboy in tow.

Incase of burger: Just eat it, just eat it!

Incase of Hamburler: Kill the bastard, leave Bigmacs alone! I bet it was you who made them turn the "big" mac into the "fucking tiny" mac!

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
mastertang said:
Johnny Ringo said:
Point a gun at him and tell him to place his hands where I could see them. Shoot if he resists and sort it out later.
Wow your nice I'd go for my machete and try and get to the gun. The machete is under my pillow the gun is in a closet.

What happens if your machete pierces the pillow when you're asleep? Bad haircut day? ;d

Nifty

Sep 30, 2008
I've pondered this question a few times. I came to the conclusion that if there was just 1 of them, I'd have no qualms with setting about them with a bludgeoning device like a whisky bottle or dumb-bell.

If I was sure there was more than 1, I'd likely sneak out of the house with my mobile phone.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
TheNecroswanson said:
Well I have seen this thread before and again I would go against the genieva convention, most thieves wan't money and rarely wan't to kill you. This thread should be locked.
Why did you put an apostrophe in "want"?
It is a super small typo, why do you care?

implodingMan

Apr 9, 2008
Someone did break into my dwelling space a few years ago, although it turned out quite well in my favour. He broke into a house being occupied by 4 university students, all guys, and all athletic members of various sports teams. Plus we were up late playing cards in a one of the rooms.

We actually took a bit of time after quietly calling 911 deciding what to do. We decided against barging out because he might have a gun or something, and we decided to kill the lights and take up defensive positions around the room we were in.

He came in. We beat the shit out of him. Weird thing was he wasn't armed, not even with a knife, so he obviously wasn't looking for trouble. Police showed up outside about 10 seconds after he hit the ground, so we didn't have to watch him.

That was a fun evening.

BubbleGumSnareDrum

Dec 24, 2008
Call 911, grab one of my big survival knives and move as quietly as possible (which is easy to do in one's own house) to the buglar's position, and disarm/incapacitate him.

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
Sneak up behind him, put a gun to the back of his head and say "Any last words?" in hopes that he would shit himself or atleast come close to it. Then bash him across the head with my gun to knock him out and call the cops. After taking any money, weapons, personal information, or other valuables off him of course. I may as well get something besides laughs out of it.

BubbleGumSnareDrum

Dec 24, 2008
mastertang said:
Not in my state if there in your home illegaly there fair game! Okay so you could reasonably shoot them once you can't empty a clip or anything. Hollowpoints make extra shooting unnecesary though.
And that's the way it should be. If somebody comes into your house uninvited or unwelcome it should up to the residents of that home what happens to the person.

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
Zipcuff using the minimum force required and wait for the police to arrive. I have lots of ready cable ties here >: D.

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
EAT HIM!

Or

Pull Out a SA-80mk2 and see how he likes "intrusions of personal space" by .320 rounds.

But probs Eat, Or Pull a USAS 5 Full auto 12 gauge and put 12 huge holes in him,

OR

Load up a PP2000 and spray the whole house with 9mm rounds in about 2 seconds....

TMAN10112

Jul 4, 2008
*cha-ching* "Hands where I can see 'em!". There aren't many robbers stupid enough to stand up to someone with a 12 gauge shotgun. Of coarse, if I couldn't get to one of my gun's in time (I live with other people and prefer to keep all of my guns locked in a safe, seperate from their ammo, and most with trigger locks) I have an assortment of bladed weapons hidden throught my house ranging from my kukri machete (my personal favorite), to a tanto combat knife, to the simple construction axe I keep around. What I would do depends on how well they are unarmed, have a knife, or a gun.

If they are unarmed; Confront them, and either subdue them or chase them out.

If they are armed with a knife; Confront them, They'r a threat to everyone eles in the house and I'm quite skilled with my kukri and knife.

If they have a gun; Try to stay hidden and wait for the cops, but if they notice me or a family member strike to kill, a well sharpened kukri can remove limbs or decapitate with a single strike.

KBKarma

May 14, 2008
jamesworkshop said:
Anyone noticed how every post automatical assumes the robber is male
If the reverse were true, I'd not aim between her legs. I'd probably aim higher.

Shroomsterdarogue

Dec 22, 2008
if hes unarmed throw a shuriken right past his head and grab 2 katanas and bye bye birdie if armed and i have element of surprise grab BASS DRUM and slam it on him and disarm him and while waiting for cops have a drum solo mainly consisting of bass drum if armed and he sees me 1st jump onto my desk go thru skylight pop down go onto my tiny basketball court and run for my life and yet if im in living room feel the wrath of the smelliest shoes on earth