A character you DON'T want to be.

chinangel

Sep 25, 2009
Everyone has a character they would LOVE to be in a video game. For me it's probably Zelda. Minus the whole 'frozen into a crystal every six months' dealie but that comes with the nintendo princess territory right?

On the other hand, there are character's would be terrified to be, characters who's shoes we do not wish to fill. As it would be a nightmare.

For me it's Mario. I mean...sheesh, a comedically large mustache, unable to speak any notable language, a voice that never found puberty and the CONSTANT ABUSE! I mean seriously! THis guy goes through more punishment and torture than any other character in my opinion.

Then there's the whole 'becoming a guy' thing. Seriously, not happening.

what about you? Who's shoes would you want to stay out of?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I don't want to be that person that dies.

You know the characters...The ones you'd THINK would survive, because they have an ultimate weapon AND a level 4 limit break...and then...POOF!

Crimson King

May 16, 2009
I DON'T want to be one of the nameless enemy NPC grunts that just gets blown aside by the Player and dies an unsung statistic that never learned to love.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Being Dante (Alighieri, that is) would probably suck pretty bad, what with hell and everything.

Edit: Also, Soap mcTavish. At least on veteran difficulty.

The Rascal King

Aug 13, 2009
Leon Kennedy from the Resident Evil series. He kicks some serious ass but he also gets his ass seriously kicked by mutated Spanish villagers among a dozen other groups.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6y-fYCDVRc

^^ Proof

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
The Kid from I Wanna Be the Guy. I would survive about five seconds, then get blow into itty-bitty red bits.

RN7

Oct 27, 2009
The male protagonist of School Days or any of its spin-offs. It REALLY doesn't end well for him or his friends.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Well, the one that sticks in my mind right now is John Marston... I won't go any deeper than that.

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
I don't want to be the expendable guy who gets shot. I mean, if I'm going to die, at least let me die with some goddamn dignity. You never get to know his story, or even his name. He stands around and then gets killed by someone more awesome looking. I also don't like wearing red shirts. I don't think I'd mind being a guy though. In fact I've often thought it'd be pretty cool to be the opposite gender for a while.

Adecristo

May 20, 2010
LiberalSquirrel said:
Any of the numerous silent protagonists of video games. I like being able to speak.
Gordon Freeman. For some he's awesome, but I probably wouldn't enjoy being a hero who probably can't speak and live in pretty much destroyed world, risking his life on every step and sometimes being encaged in strange vortex by government man for unknown periods of time. Not to mention the alien invasion, and almost-dying hundrets of times while trying to escape underground facility.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
Crimson King said:
I DON'T want to be one of the nameless enemy grunts that just gets blown aside by the Player and dies an unsung statistic that never learned to love.
Or NPCs, it seems they get slaughtered rather easily in most RPGs.

For a Main character I wouldn't want to be I would have to pick Gordon Freeman, sure every now and again you get set free to destroy everything in your path, but the minute the G-Man wants you somewhere/when else he just takes you and doesn't ask why, also I would hate being a mute.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
I just want to be me. Why would i ever want to be someone else? Im perfectly happy with who i am. I don't want to be anyone else.

TriggerHappyAngel

Self-Important Angler Fish
Feb 17, 2010
Being The Great Deku Tree would suck ... you can't move, you're sick, and a screaming kid goes around slashing at everything inside you D: