A Dishonored 2 Pre-Order Gets You in the Game One Day Early - See New Gameplay Trailer

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
A Dishonored 2 Pre-Order Gets You in the Game One Day Early - See New Gameplay Trailer

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1352/1352855.jpgThe newest trailer features Emily making her way through the Clockwork Mansion to kill the Grand Inventor.

Bethesda announced today that anyone who pre-orders Dishonored 2 will be able to start playing the game one day early. Alongside that news comes a new gameplay trailer as well.

While we've seen a short bit of the footage from this trailer before, there's plenty of new stuff here. It features Emily Kaldwin heading into the Clockwork Mansion to assassinate Kirin Jindosh, the so-called "Grand Inventor" who created the clockwork robots that we've seen in previous trailers.

As you can see, Emily's supernatural abilities are on display, along with her weapons and gadgets. Of course, you can always opt for the Flesh and Steel mode, which lets you play the game as Emily without any supernatural powers.

Dishonored 2 releases November 11 on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

littlebunnyfuufuu

Oct 21, 2015
Great

Hold the game hostage for a day unless you pre-order.

Im sure that will go over well

(And before you say "But its just one day!" ....Yeah, they are testing the waters, starting small. Every scummy thing has to start somewhere.)

Feb 7, 2016
littlebunnyfuufuu said:
Great

Hold the game hostage for a day unless you pre-order.

Im sure that will go over well

(And before you say "But its just one day!" ....Yeah, they are testing the waters, starting small. Every scummy thing has to start somewhere.)
Paying close to double the price for Forza Horizon 3 on PC gained you access to the game early for almost a whole week I think. Such a shitty practice.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
That is absolutely disgusting. The contempt for the audience that shows, I was expecting this to be either a joke or something Konami/Ubisoft would do.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Let it be known that I criticize when there is something to criticize, even against things I love, in this case, Arkane Studios and Bethesda.

This is dumb. I was already not pre-ordering Dishonored 2 cause the incentive was Dishonored 1 Enhanced Edition which I already own on PS4 and Steam.

I am still not pre-ordering it, since there is still no good reason (in this case supporting an awful practice) to do so, even though I am likely to get it Day "1" anyways.

Though if history is anything to go by, Bethesda will never let this happen again, but everyone else will do it and 100x worse. (Like microtransactions, which Oblivion was one of the first to do, got shit on for it, then they stopped doing Microtransactions, even though everyone else does it way worse now and apparently everyone forgot how mad we were the first friggen time!)

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
2HF said:
Bitchers gon' ***** I suppose.

Getting the game a day earlier is just icing on my already pre-ordered cake.
If you're going to accuse someone of being a bitcher, have the guts to directly reply to them and don't just make a vague, general comment.

OT: Bleh. I'm honestly looking forward to Dishonored 2, but people attempting to pressure people into buying their games before reviews come out never fail to disgust me.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
2HF said:
erttheking said:
2HF said:

If you're going to accuse someone of being a bitcher, have the guts to directly reply to them and don't just make a vague, general comment.

OT: Bleh. I'm honestly looking forward to Dishonored 2, but people attempting to pressure people into buying their games before reviews come out never fail to disgust me.
Was I not clear enough? Everyone, literally, everyone in this thread...
So yourself included. Because you're in the thread, and last time I checked you qualified as everyone?

Yeah, see how your claims are little more than generalizations? But whatever. Don't address the problems people have, just call them bitchers.

Voxoid

Nov 28, 2013
Saw the original trailer for Dishonored, liked it, preordered the game = 300 hours across PC and PS4 trying to do everything possible and discover all of the in-game lore/items and get my platinum trophies.

Dishonored 2 trailer, meh. Talking Corvo, meh. Emily Kaldwin, meh. Delilah? again? This time I'm going to wait and watch some reviews first.

I'd really rather a whole new cast of characters than a rehash of the old ones.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
2HF said:

The thing is, if its available a day early, it means they just said the release day is one later so they can somehow force a few people to give up money early. Why not just release it a day early? Does pre-ordering even cost more than buying it day of? I am not as against pre-ordering as some people, mostly cause it -used- to be a useful thing when not everyone might get a copy. But with digital sales becoming standard, well, its not really an issue anymore.

And as er pointed out, you are complaining that people are complaining. Its one thing to complain about -what- they are compaining about, but your issue is the mere action, which you are doing too. If you think this practice is fine is one thing, but dont be the pot calling the kettle black.

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
Guessing that means preorder numbers are down on what was projected....

Which probably shouldn't be too surprising given the issues people have with preorders these days.....but still kinda is.

I'm very much looking forward to it, but haven't preordered, and this probably won't get me to either. Not for any real moral reason, just haven't gotten around to it.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
2HF said:
Saelune said:
Its one thing to complain about -what- they are compaining about, but your issue is the mere action, which you are doing too. If you think this practice is fine is one thing, but dont be the pot calling the kettle black.
If you can find a way to complain about getting something you want earlier then you're beyond help. You just like to *****. I really don't have anything other than that. And by you I clearly mean anyone who's bitching about this, not you in particular.

If you honestly believe that the reason any other release is scheduled for a certain day is because the game isn't available until that day then you don't know anything about how games are made and distributed. That game will have been sitting in your local gamestop for days before you ever get it. It will have been sitting in warehouses for weeks before that.

The game is playable many many days more than the 1 day early I'm going to be enjoying it. It's just a bonus for early adopters. Pre-ordering costs nothing extra, you get bonuses, and if the reviews end up saying it's no good then you can still return the game unopened.

There is literally zero downside to any of this.

As I said, bitcher's gon' *****.
When microtransactions started popping up, I was against them, though so were alot of people. Then people started being ok with it, and now here we are, and people wonder why its all shit.

This is a practice that could easily get out of control, and I dont want that to happen. It already sucks when we have timed exclusive deals, which is just a wider version of this.

Id rather ***** about bad practices than be a ***** to bad practices.

2HF

May 24, 2011
Saelune said:
There's a difference between a bad practice and a practice you don't like. Just because you think you're entitled to a game earlier than the developer wants you to have it because technically it's playable doesn't make it so.

They owe you nothing until you give them money. And not money you've given them before by the way. Those transactions are ended and the idea of company loyalty is a joke.

Micro transactions aren't shit. Giving into the urge and blaming it on others is shit. If you want the thing, pay the small amount of money. If you don't want the thing then don't. It's that simple. Look at me, over here not having ever spent a dime on a microtransaction. Not even once. Bow unto me and pray that the hem of my garments may grant to you the same power.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
2HF said:
Saelune said:
There's a difference between a bad practice and a practice you don't like. Just because you think you're entitled to a game earlier than the developer wants you to have it because technically it's playable doesn't make it so.

They owe you nothing until you give them money. And not money you've given them before by the way. Those transactions are ended and the idea of company loyalty is a joke.

Micro transactions aren't shit. Giving into the urge and blaming it on others is shit. If you want the thing, pay the small amount of money. If you don't want the thing then don't. It's that simple. Look at me, over here not having ever spent a dime on a microtransaction. Not even once. Bow unto me and pray that the hem of my garments may grant to you the same power.
Im saying that creating a barrier to the game is the issue. What next? Two days? A week? Why limit who can play the game when? (outside of review purposes which atleast serves a purpose).

And customer loyalty is a thing. Its what gets me to buy Street Fighter V no matter what, and what will prevent me from buying future Capcom games until they prove they fixed their shit. Same with Konami who is learning first-hand the issues of being awful.

Microtransactions are shit. But I blame both the practice and those who support it. Just as I fault this practice, and people like you who are supporting it.

And I dont fall for microtransactions. Doesnt mean that I am immune to the damage they have done. Lots of games are ower quality for their existence. I remember when games had unlockables for PLAYING the game.

2HF

May 24, 2011
Saelune said:
Im saying that creating a barrier to the game is the issue. What next? Two days? A week? Why limit who can play the game when? (outside of review purposes which atleast serves a purpose).
You are not entitled to the game. I already said this, why do I have to say it again? Scale it down. If I draw a sketch of a dog and I say I want to show it to you but not until P.E. then you don't get to see it until P.E. If you lose interest before then that's fine, but it still doesn't entitle you to my dog sketch until I say so.

Saelune said:
And customer loyalty is a thing. Its what gets me to buy Street Fighter V no matter what
That's just insane.

Saelune said:
and what will prevent me from buying future Capcom games until they prove they fixed their shit. Same with Konami who is learning first-hand the issues of being awful.
And that just proves my point...

Saelune said:
Microtransactions are shit. But I blame both the practice and those who support it. Just as I fault this practice, and people like you who are supporting it.

And I dont fall for microtransactions. Doesnt mean that I am immune to the damage they have done. Lots of games are ower quality for their existence. I remember when games had unlockables for PLAYING the game.
You can't possibly discern what the quality of a game would have been without microtransactions. I remember a time when gas was $2 higher than it is now. No the 2 things aren't equal but not everything old is good, not everything new is bad. It's just different. Deal with it.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
2HF said:
Saelune said:
You are not entitled to the game. I already said this, why do I have to say it again? Scale it down. If I draw a sketch of a dog and I say I want to show it to you but not until P.E. then you don't get to see it until P.E. If you lose interest before then that's fine, but it still doesn't entitle you to my dog sketch until I say so.

Saelune said:
And customer loyalty is a thing. Its what gets me to buy Street Fighter V no matter what
That's just insane.

Saelune said:
and what will prevent me from buying future Capcom games until they prove they fixed their shit. Same with Konami who is learning first-hand the issues of being awful.
And that just proves my point...

Saelune said:

You can't possibly discern what the quality of a game would have been without microtransactions. I remember a time when gas was $2 higher than it is now. No the 2 things aren't equal but not everything old is good, not everything new is bad. It's just different. Deal with it.
My issue isnt them waiting to release it. My issue is them waiting to release it unless you are willing to compliment them on it before not after. Just release it fully at the same time. Its really that simple.

Trust isnt insane when its trust in someone/thing that has shown they can be trusted. Breaking trust is kind of a big deal. Capcom had my trust, then lost it, and wont easily get it back. Bethesda and Arkane currently have my trust, but Id hate for them to lose it like this. Hitman had my trust, even after the rockiness of Absolution, but with their latest game, it was lost. I still havent bought the game, and dont intend to.

When microtransactions are selling things that used to be in the games by default I can. When many games are pay to win I can. When games have a gambling ring built around them because of microtransactions, I can.

I -am- dealing with it, by not being ok with it. "Deal with it" is usually said to people they want to not actually "deal" with it. But you know, "bitchers gon *****".

2HF

May 24, 2011
I wanna admit right up front that the "Deal with it" remark was unnecessary. It was meant as emphasis but undermines my reasoning.

Saelune said:
My issue isnt them waiting to release it. My issue is them waiting to release it unless you are willing to compliment them on it before not after. Just release it fully at the same time. Its really that simple.".
You don't have to give them your money. That's what you mean by compliment. Give them money. I already said that anything you pre-order is fully refundable.

Saelune said:
Trust isnt insane when its trust in someone/thing that has shown they can be trusted. Breaking trust is kind of a big deal. Capcom had my trust, then lost it, and wont easily get it back. Bethesda and Arkane currently have my trust, but Id hate for them to lose it like this. Hitman had my trust, even after the rockiness of Absolution, but with their latest game, it was lost. I still havent bought the game, and dont intend to.
Trust in a company is insane. They want nothing more than your money. They're not your friends or family. They're a business.

Saelune said:
When microtransactions are selling things that used to be in the games by default I can. When many games are pay to win I can. When games have a gambling ring built around them because of microtransactions, I can.
Speculate. You can speculate. Just finishing your thought there for ya. Let me ask you, did you play every single game ever made before microtransactions came into being? You don't have to play every game these days. I release you from that burden. Play the ones that don't have pay to win mechanics. Play the ones that don't involve gambling. Easy. You don't agree with the practice? Investors do. What makes you right?

None of that applies to the discussion at hand though. You aren't entitled to the game any earlier than the developer wants you to have it.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
2HF said:
I wanna admit right up front that the "Deal with it" remark was unnecessary. It was meant as emphasis but undermines my reasoning.

Saelune said:
My issue isnt them waiting to release it. My issue is them waiting to release it unless you are willing to compliment them on it before not after. Just release it fully at the same time. Its really that simple.".
You don't have to give them your money. That's what you mean by compliment. Give them money. I already said that anything you pre-order is fully refundable.

Saelune said:
Trust in a company is insane. They want nothing more than your money. They're not your friends or family. They're a business.

Saelune said:
Speculate. You can speculate. Just finishing your thought there for ya. Let me ask you, did you play every single game ever made before microtransactions came into being? You don't have to play every game these days. I release you from that burden. Play the ones that don't have pay to win mechanics. Play the ones that don't involve gambling. Easy. You don't agree with the practice? Investors do. What makes you right?

None of that applies to the discussion at hand though. You aren't entitled to the game any earlier than the developer wants you to have it.
Do you consider gaming art? I do. And I want to think that creators of art, even if its for profit, still care about their art. Sure, this decision was likely Bethesda (the publisher side) not Arkane, but Bethesda the publisher sprang from the developer who...well, to me are artists.

But what if EA or Activision pick up on this idea? They are the bad side of business. The kind to hide their games behind a shitty gaming service because fuck you. (EA specifically).

Ofcourse its speculation, but its speculation based on experience. Just as you speculate the opposite, that it wont be bad.

What doesnt make me right is the same thing that doesnt make you right. Thats another thing that bothers me in an argument, "What makes you right?" as if that nulls my entire argument why I think I am right that I have been doing the last few posts. Maybe I am wrong, but there is a reason I have tried to explain my point and thinking instead of just going "Im right, you're wrong, lalalalalala". (Im not saying you're doing that either, it just side tracks)

I dont play games I have issue with. I just am finding that list of games getting bigger and including more games I want to play, like the new Hitman game I mentioned. I loved Blood Money, I liked Absolution, but the episodic content is dumb, and there isnt exactly alot of Hitman copycats that Im aware of (or worth it).

Id rather not like a game because its bad, not because its surrounded by anti-consumer business practices.

You say I am not entitled to these games, well, my issue isnt that I think I am entitled, its that they are selling entitlement. Its pretty cheap now, but I dont want entitlement to become a lucrative and commonplace practice by gaming companies. Season passes is another example of that that has blown out of proportion. I want to think I am exaggerating and panicking over nothing, but well, history and experience has shown that it can and will happen.