A Dishonored 2 Pre-Order Gets You in the Game One Day Early - See New Gameplay Trailer

2HF

May 24, 2011
Saelune said:
What doesnt make me right is the same thing that doesnt make you right.
You've got a point there. I should clarify my position.

I have no problem with you or anyone else not liking business practices. Vote with your wallet is an idea I firmly believe in. I don't even have a problem with people bitching about those practices on a forum. I just feel that it's pointless, and done purely out of a desire to find something to complain about because complaining is cool and liking things is for squares.

Bethesda isn't reading the escapist forums and taking anything said here seriously. If you have an issue, don't buy, or write a letter to them or whatever way you want to express that to them. What's being done here is just wasted energy.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
2HF said:
Saelune said:
What doesnt make me right is the same thing that doesnt make you right.
You've got a point there. I should clarify my position.

I have no problem with you or anyone else not liking business practices. Vote with your wallet is an idea I firmly believe in. I don't even have a problem with people bitching about those practices on a forum. I just feel that it's pointless, and done purely out of a desire to find something to complain about because complaining is cool and liking things is for squares.

Bethesda isn't reading the escapist forums and taking anything said here seriously. If you have an issue, don't buy, or write a letter to them or whatever way you want to express that to them. What's being done here is just wasted energy.
Id love to have an audience with Bethesda. After I kiss their asses, Id love to then lay into them on some criticisms I have (though more about The Elder Scrolls but whatever)

That said, I am more expressing myself because I hope people who are less sure will see my criticism and consider it, both now and later. I am also supporting the idea of vote with your wallet, I am just saying vote in the other direction.

Just because it seems like only you and I are bickering here, it is likely there are people who may be lurking, reading our argument and forming their own opinion. I know I personally have read through the arguments of others, having my views influenced by them, usually when I am less sure of my own initial stance.

Edit: Especially cause this is on the first page of a news topic, about a major game, not hidden away in some side forum topic.

2HF

May 24, 2011
Saelune said:
That said, I am more expressing myself because I hope people who are less sure will see my criticism and consider it, both now and later. I am also supporting the idea of vote with your wallet, I am just saying vote in the other direction.

Just because it seems like only you and I are bickering here, it is likely there are people who may be lurking, reading our argument and forming their own opinion. I know I personally have read through the arguments of others, having my views influenced by them, usually when I am less sure of my own initial stance.
Then we have a fundamentally different view of how forums work and before you have to say it again I'll admit that yours isn't wrong.

It would seem you're doing a public service while I'm just being self centered (my own admission, not your implication).

This was fun. You were very respectful and eloquent. I don't know if you ever watched Samurai Champloo but this felt very Jin/Mugen to me. Until next time.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
2HF said:
Saelune said:

Then we have a fundamentally different view of how forums work and before you have to say it again I'll admit that yours isn't wrong.

It would seem you're doing a public service while I'm just being self centered (my own admission, not your implication).

This was fun. You were very respectful and eloquent. I don't know if you ever watched Samurai Champloo but this felt very Jin/Mugen to me. Until next time.
Im a R&P regular. As much as sometimes I do want to just go "Im right, you're wrong, lalalala" Ive learned it rarely gets the desired results. Ive also learned that people set on their opinions are hard to convince otherwise. I wouldnt be arguing my point so strongly if I did not believe in it, and Id hope you wouldnt if you didnt also feel strongly on your view. Public discussion and debate is public. If we were arguing in private though, then the goal would have to be to convince the other or just be a waste of time. I certainly argue a bit differently in private than in public for that reason.

I also just value complaining. Maybe 99% of the time its futile, but if you dont complain, nothing changes. It may be the bare minimum you can do to actually change something, but its still more than doing absolutely nothing.

Edit: And yes, I watched Samurai Champloo and loved everything but the ending.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
As much as I loved the first game, I have plenty of other things I can preoccupy myself with for a single evening... don't think to hard about that statement... OR THAT ONE!

Anyways, I'll wait Bethesda, thanks.

snave

Nov 10, 2009
Didn't Deus Ex try this and get shamed into cancelling the whole pre-order bonus programme they had going?

Either way, doesn't make a lick of a difference to me. In my book, any purchase before the complete, final product is released in full (aka the inevitable Game of the Year bundle) is a pre-order.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
2HF said:
Trust in a company is insane. They want nothing more than your money. They're not your friends or family. They're a business.
Handing over money to someone you don't trust is insane. You don't trust a company to look out for your own interests, but you should trust them not to deliberately screw you over. You trust them to deliver the product they are claiming to be selling and that the quality is up to your standards. There are stores I avoid because I don't trust that they will deliver a satisfactory customer experience. I research them and if I find evidence that they are legit I might test it out. If they prove to me that they can deliver a satisfactory customer experience I trust them enough to use them in the future. The same goes for game developers and series. I will trust the ones that have proven themselves until they give me reason not to. There are plenty of developers and publishers that have lost that trust by showing that they will screw over their customers. Thus I avoid their games until I can be sufficiently certain that it's good and probably wait for a drop in price.

Pre-ordering a game is a matter of trust. If I trust a game will be good then I will consider pre-ordering it. So if it is insane to analyze a company's merits, their record and their business practices before you decide whether or not do do business with them, then I admit that I am insane.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Not cool, Bethesda. Not fucking cool. Don't tempt people with a marginal impatience just to justify giving away money for something they cannot own yet. That is stupid. The people that buy into this are being stupid. And I love Dishonoured. But I won't fall for this bullshit. Stop circumventing critics! This is entirely anti-consumer.