A few thoughts about January 6, 2021

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Numbnuts gets caught breaking the rules, says he was proving that the rules were broken and no one got caught:

Super weird how people who think the system is so insecure and easy to cheat keep getting caught trying to cheat the system

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
Well that's another square in my "Most Americans would be shocked at how deep this conspiracy actually went" bingo card.
I'd be asking for heads on pikes if I was in the current administration, you can't have the agencies actively undermine the pursuit of justice.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I'd be asking for heads on pikes if I was in the current administration, you can't have the agencies actively undermine the pursuit of justice.
I agree, and I'd be worried Medieval Discount Emporium would run out of pikes before its done. I mean to clear the cell data of ALL Trump Whitehouse lawmakers and advisors from the Department of Defense?! That's not like a one or two person matter. That goes down the chain of command to the comtechs who actually do the purging.
It really does feel like this was Order 66 and it failed, and now all these officers who through off the Republic for the Empire are just slinking back to their old positions, trying to pretend they weren't on board with killing the younglings. And I'm flabbergasted how blase the Democrats are being. How can AOC still stand in line in the cafeteria trading small talk about wishing it was apple pie day with the very same Republicans who gave tours of her office to the very protestors assigned to kill her leading up to the attack.
And I still haven't seen an explanation as to why AOC office emergency button was disconnected the week before.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
The FBI has raided Trump's Mar a Lago home:

As of right now, we do not know for what reason, but for a raid to be performed a federal judge must approve it. It could be unrelated to the subject of this thread, I just thought I should share.

Reactions: BrawlMan

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
The FBI has raided Trump's Mar a Lago home:

As of right now, we do not know for what reason, but for a raid to be performed a federal judge must approve it. It could be unrelated to the subject of this thread, I just thought I should share.
It's still not confirmed, but apparently, Eric Trump said that the raid was related to the investigation about Trump's mishandling of government secrets.

For some reason, posting the NPR link is turning the article into an unrelated podcast link.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Trump is extensively blaming Democrats and prosecutors for this, despite the fact that neither are involved in this decision.

It could only be approved by a Federal Judge. And carried out by the FBI, whose AG is a Republican personally appointed by Trump.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Trump is extensively blaming Democrats and prosecutors for this, despite the fact that neither are involved in this decision.

It could only be approved by a Federal Judge. And carried out by the FBI, whose AG is a Republican personally appointed by Trump.
It's always someone else's fault with him and his ilk. I wonder what it's like to be rich, never work a day in your fucking life and be a perpetual victim

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
It's still not confirmed, but apparently, Eric Trump said that the raid was related to the investigation about Trump's mishandling of government secrets.
There's been pictures of torn-up notes he tried flushing down a toilet. That is a big no-no- everything the President writes down during the course of the position's duties is supposed to be preserved. (Of course, Trump has never given a damn about rules and protocols.)

It's always someone else's fault with him and his ilk. I wonder what it's like to be rich, never work a day in your fucking life and be a perpetual victim
He was born on third, and thinks he hit a home run and was cheated.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009

Well... the investigation could be prompted by the DoJ; if the DoJ want something investigated, the FBI are presumably the force that does it. If so this could all stem from abuse of power by biased, "Deep State" and Democrat appointees (blahblahblah).

On the other hand, there are a load of records missing from the White House under Trump's reign. Given that there are laws that records must be preserved, no-one can seriously argue that there isn't a valid reason for law enforcement to go looking for them. Trump surely is kind of the obvious person to check out if records from his time in office are missing. One might also note repeated evidence and claims that Trump damaged / destroyed official records (stories that staffers had to sellotape back together torn-up papers, etc.)

Dude, Trump was born on third and thinks he invented baseball.
No, he thinks he invented the GREATEST ball game EVER and most AWESOME of US sports, baseball.

Reactions: Silvanus

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
If I had to guess, whatever documents he stole that are so top secret that describing them is top secret, it was insurance for his re-election. Like a list of all of the CIA's agents and informants in the Kremlin, and he'd give it to Putin in exchange for Russia hacking the election again, and this time probably actually hacking the voting machines to literally change the voter counts. Because he doesn't actually need to win, he just needs to create enough confusion that the GOP declare him the winner and the military backs them.
Which given how the Pentagon has been erasing their own records of Jan 6th, I don't know why people think they wouldn't back him.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Update about the raid: it was documents about nuclear weapons, in other words unrelated to the insurrection.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Update about the raid: it was documents about nuclear weapons, in other words unrelated to the insurrection.

Unrelated to the insurrection, sure. Also super duper illegal and probably a form of treason.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
It's smoke and mirrors. His tactic is to ensure his base stays incensed at the wrong people, maybe net himself another January 6th-esque attempted coup? When the villain victimizes himself and his specific [in]breed "us" by extension, welp, this guy shows up:

1660323680789.png

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy