A few thoughts about January 6, 2021

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
He thinks he's strong, when it actually turns out that he's just lucky. The moment that sort runs into the same difficulty as the "weak", they're suddenly like "you have to help me; I deserve it!".
More or less how those terrorists acted at the Capital. Once they were caught or thrown in prison, all that bravado suddenly takes a flight in space. They wanna cry and claim they did nothing wrong, or were "victims of circumstance". When it's abundantly clear a majority of them did the dirty deed and are super delusional.

Reactions: Buyetyen

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I wonder where these "economic anxiety" articles are coming from. It's the first time I've ever heard of something like this. It doesn't matter either way, racism is racism. I don't know where these "experts" are getting their sources, but they obviously don't care about those suffering, support racists, or are scared of Trump and the racists, and rather just support them than fight them. They are cowardly bitches.

Last edited:

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
In short: People brought up believing that it's the God-given right of the majority to tyrannize the minority are terrified of becoming the minority.
To add to that, while they are terrified of becoming the minority, they are facing becoming a minority. Sure, add up everyone not like them and they might start to outnumber people who are like them, but that's not how that works.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
To add to that, while they are terrified of becoming the minority, they are facing becoming a minority. Sure, add up everyone not like them and they might start to outnumber people who are like them, but that's not how that works.
But that's how they see it. They just see a brown/black tidal wave, spilling over to take their jobs and rape their women, and lose their shit. I mean they've been conditioned for well over a decade, that they are literally coming to "take your america away from you." Constantly being told this, using language implying an invasion, or a war, theft, you name it. Every negative buzzword that will trigger their little racists lizard brains, has been used to frame the entire situation of their lives, as some constant war, with them as...I dunno, they probably see themselves as the Alamo in the analogy. The final hold out of whiteness/americanism, being swarmed. Though, that's probably giving them too much credit, that implies they see the "others" as human. It's probably more likely they see it as this

Reactions: BrawlMan

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
But that's how they see it. They just see a brown/black tidal wave, spilling over to take their jobs and rape their women, and lose their shit. I mean they've been conditioned for well over a decade, that they are literally coming to "take your america away from you." Constantly being told this, using language implying an invasion, or a war, theft, you name it. Every negative buzzword that will trigger their little racists lizard brains, has been used to frame the entire situation of their lives, as some constant war, with them as...I dunno, they probably see themselves as the Alamo in the analogy. The final hold out of whiteness/americanism, being swarmed. Though, that's probably giving them too much credit, that implies they see the "others" as human. It's probably more likely they see it as this

I would have put this myself, but yeah, no argument there.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I would have put this myself, but yeah, no argument there.

I don't play WH40K, other than that one Space Marine game, which I didn't even finish, so I have no real frame of reference to cite them in anything. But hey, fascist military in space, that's basically Starship Troopers and WH40K anyway, so, toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I don't play WH40K, other than that one Space Marine game, which I didn't even finish, so I have no real frame of reference to cite them in anything. But hey, fascist military in space, that's basically Starship Troopers and WH40K anyway, so, toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe.
Well, it's more that he's standing on a big wall giving a speech calling the enemy beggars and how they can't be allowed to defile our city with their presence.

Also, unless you're claiming it's a parody, Starship Troopers is a pretty meh movie, Helsreach was pretty decent, except towards the end.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Well, it's more that he's standing on a big wall giving a speech calling the enemy beggars and how they can't be allowed to defile our city with their presence.

Also, unless you're claiming it's a parody, Starship Troopers is a pretty meh movie, Helsreach was pretty decent, except towards the end.
Well Starship Troopers IS a parody, of the book, that was on purpose. But it's a very on the nose take down of fascism as presented in pop culture, and the american military mythmaking concept. I wasn't really trying to make a critique on the source materials, I was more just providing a visual representation of what the chucklefucks on the right see. They don't see people, they just see dirty animals, swarming them like locusts.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I wonder where these "economic anxiety" articles are coming from. It's the first time I've ever heard of something like this. It doesn't matter either way, racism is racist. I don't know where these "experts" are getting their sources, but they obviously I don't care about those suffering, support racist, or a scared of Trump and the racists, and rather just support them than fight them. They are cowardly bitches.
I'm curious. The media right now is all about how evil and racist white people are, and the last attack on the capital (which killed a police officer) was an single act done by a black man. And Interestingly enough the moment the race of the man came out, the media went silent.

Just saying maybe the problems are just american problems and don't have much, if anything, to do with race.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm curious. The media right now is all about how evil and racist white people are, and the last attack on the capital (which killed a police officer) was an single act done by a black man. And Interestingly enough the moment the race of the man came out, the media went silent.

Just saying maybe the problems are just american problems and don't have much, if anything, to do with race.
I already knew about the race of the guy, and he's still a jackass for doing so. I don't care if he lost his job, the capital is not to blame for that. As for the media being silent, they haven't exactly been silent. They just said they're piece and moved on. Though I bet certain conservative or right-wing centric news media is keeping pressure on it.

And the problems that have occurred recently stem from racism and economic inequality. Both go hand in hand. To say that that isn't about race is a lie and acting oblivious. And don't give me that whole racism is on its "last legs" crap they were spouting back in the mid 2010s. In the attack on the capital was about racism. That is the truth. Deal with it or don't. They were constantly shouting the n-word to Black officers. Those rioters and terrorists shouting how they're "not one of us!". If you're afraid to face that reality, then admit it. Otherwise don't give me that crap about how it isn't about racism.

Last edited:

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010

Noone has ever said that random assholes on any side/race/creed can't do stupid shit due to stupid beliefs. There is a distinct difference in "random chucklefuck does something stupid and gets a few people killed" and "several thousand chucklefucks, galvanized by sitting government officials and an entire news channel, storming the seat of government all because of a lie that the sitting officials KNEW was a lie, and gets people killed."

Last edited:

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
It's all varyingly committed pulls from the great replacement conspiracy theory, whether most end-believers are consciously aware of it or not;

Enoch Powell’s 1968 ‘Rivers of Blood’ speech has infamously seareditself into the British public's mind for its apocalyptic hyperbole and guttural prejudice but less so for its conspiratorial nature. Powell warned of the demographic change brought about by immigration which, if not dealt with, would lead to irrepressible damage and the destruction of Britain itself.

He speaks of ‘positive forces’ and ‘vested interests’ exerting undue power and control. He railed in particular against white oppression, facilitated by the state through equal-rights legislation, which would enable immigrants to ‘organise to consolidate their members, to agitate and campaign against their fellow citizens, and to overawe and dominate the rest’.

Powell’s speech, which was denounced as extreme by the Tory leadership at the time but struck a chord with millions, remains more relevant than ever over half-a-century-later and demonstrates the importance of 'demographic conspiracies’ – especially when it comes to immigration and the far right.

Demographic conspiracies argue that immigration and multiculturalism are not merely negative influences on society which should be slowed, stopped or reversed, but the product of an intentional plan by elites to weaken or even eradicate national (or European) identity. The origins of these ideas are difficult to pin down and come from multiple sources dating back to early 20th century eugenics and Nazi Germany, such as the 1934 pamphlet produced by the Research Department for the Jewish Question entitled ‘Are the White Nations Dying?’.

More recent incarnations include Bat Ye’or’s Eurabia: The Arab-Euro Axis (2005), which argues that European and Arab elites have collaborated to ensure the Muslim domination of Europe as well as Renaud Camus’ The Great Replacement (2011) which similarly posits that elites are seeking the replacement of white Europeans through mass migration and subsequent demographic change. The phrase ‘white genocide’ which can be found in more extreme circles, and particularly amongst the ‘alt right’ (as well as on Donald Trump’s Twitter feed), reflects the same ideas in a more hyperbolic fashion.

The three most deadly far right terror attacks this decade (with two occurring this year) have all made explicit reference to demographic conspiracies. Anders Breivik focused heavily on the alleged ‘Islamisation’ of Europe in his manifesto, inspired by Eurabia conspiracy theories. Patrick Crusius, who killed 22 in El Paso in August, rationalised his attack targeted at the local Hispanic population by arguing that he was ‘defending my country from cultural and ethnic replacement brought on by an invasion’. Brenton Tarrant, responsible for the Christchurch mosque shootings in March which killed 51 (who entitled his own manifesto ‘The Great Replacement’) similarly argued that the attack was to show ‘the invaders that our lands will never be their lands, our homelands are our own and that, as long as a white man still lives, they will NEVER conquer our lands and they will never replace our people’.

Yet, demographic conspiracies should not be seen as fringe enterprises restricted to gullible extremists – they have an increasingly mainstream appeal. Crucially, they feed into wider ‘decline of the West’ narratives promoted by mainstream right-wing and conservative writers who argue that nefarious elites are purposefully undermining the majority’s ‘way of life’. Indeed, conspiratorial language has become an important rhetorical style for populists and their supporters more generally.

Take The Times columnist Melanie Phillips’ book Londonistan: How Britain is Creating a Terror State from Within (2006) as an example. In the book, written in the aftermath of the 7/7 attacks, Phillips describes multiculturalism as an ‘attack on the nation’ which had been 'imposed by ‘the revolutionary left’. Multiculturalism has become, she argues, ‘the driving force of British life, ruthlessly policed by a state-financed army of local and national bureaucrats enforcing a doctrine of state-mandated virtue to promote racial, ethnic and cultural difference and stamp out majority values’.

With such a dystopian presentation of immigration and its outcomes, it is perhaps no surprise many seek to explain it through grandiose and farfetched conspiracies. When Britain is described by Phillips apocalyptically as a ‘decadent society, weakened by alarming tendencies towards social and cultural suicide’, again, many are likely to ask questions about how such a status has emerged which cannot be answered through conventional means.

Such language is likely to strike a chord with a British public seduced by conspiratorial thinking (Opinium found in a survey that three in five Brits believe at least one conspiracy theory). Evidence that the country has become increasingly concerned about demographic changes brought about by immigration is well documented and played a key role in the vote to leave the EU in 2016 (although sentiment has become more positive towards immigration since the vote). It is, however, clear that the public is becoming more mistrustful and suspicious of the government’s role in immigration policy which has lent currency to far right demographic conspiracies.

In a 2018 report by Sophia Gaston published by the Henry Jackson Society, polling indicated that 58% of the UK believe the government is ‘hiding’ the true cost of immigration from the public and 51% believe that the government has ‘deliberately’ sought to make British society more ethnically diverse through immigration over the past 20 years. Such views rocket to 75% and 70% amongst Leave voters and 64% and 63% amongst Conservative voters. It is therefore clear that conspiratorial thinking relating to immigration is widespread and appears in both moderate and extreme forms.

Debates over immigration and demographic change are an inevitable part of the democratic process and are likely to become sharper over the coming decades as white majorities decline. Yet, there is a worrying tendency towards viewing such processes as being dictated by shadowy elite plots. This is always likely to play into the hands of the far right, for whom conspiracy theories are presented as reasoning for extreme solutions.

Reactions: Agema

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
...give me that crap about how it isn't about racism.
It isn't about racism. If anything, it's about people who are willing to turn any discussion of any problem into accusations of racism. I'm not saying people storming the capitol don't include racists. They may very well all be racists. But that doesn't matter, that doesn't make it about racism, and attacking it from an unrelated angle obviously isn't going to lead to solutions. It frankly makes it seem like you are perfectly willing to allow or even exacerbate other issues if you can use them to call more attention to your own issues. And that's pretty crappy.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It isn't about racism. If anything, it's about people who are willing to turn any discussion of any problem into accusations of racism. I'm not saying people storming the capitol don't include racists. They may very well all be racists. But that doesn't matter, that doesn't make it about racism, and attacking it from an unrelated angle obviously isn't going to lead to solutions. It frankly makes it seem like you are perfectly willing to allow or even exacerbate other issues if you can use them to call more attention to your own issues. And that's pretty crappy.
It's racism. Deal with it. Don't bother with pathetic denial or blame shifting like those cowardly terrorists. You don't see the racism, because you don't care or fear the truth. What goes around comes around. You can't run/run from yourself forever. Take that to the bank.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
OP should change the title. This has been more than a few thoughts at this point.