A friend's being generous. Help?

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Alright, so this'll sound weird.

A friend of mine is selling his PS3, and he knows I like shooters and action games, so he's giving me one of several games (the other ones are going to another friend of ours), however... the options are Heavenly Sword, Haze or TimeShift.

I've heard bad things about those games, but I am one of those people that don't listen to reviews, as I find myself liking "bad" games more often than not. So I ask you, which one should I choose?

an874

Jul 17, 2009
Heavenly Sword. Really good combat, almost as good as God of War (if you've played that)

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
I've only played the demo of all three. Timeshift was nice, played that one a lot. Heavenly Sword had some good fighting going, and don't even bother with Haze.

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
Timeshift! I bought this not knowing anything about it and it turned out to be one of my favourite shooters of this generation of consoles! As for the other two, Haze was a joke and Heavenly Sword was just painful!

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Never played Timeshift, but it did look pretty good. Heavenly Sword wasn't for me, but I imagine if you like that sort of game it is pretty decent, but my choice would be Haze. Purely because you must get that disk, and you must destroy it! It must be banished from this Earth back to the cesspool it emerged from.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
Well, according to Unskippable, the marines in Haze are at least funloving, if nothing else.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
Iwata said:
Alright, so this'll sound weird.

A friend of mine is selling his PS3, and he knows I like shooters and action games, so he's giving me one of several games (the other ones are going to another friend of ours), however... the options are Heavenly Sword, Haze or TimeShift.

I've heard bad things about those games, but I am one of those people that don't listen to reviews, as I find myself liking "bad" games more often than not. So I ask you, which one should I choose?
Heavenly sword, somewhat repetitive/dull in bits, but ultimately the game was fun to play if only for the spectacle, plot and shooting bits. (from what I remember)

Timeshift is a nice concept done badly, and Haze is just plain HORRIBLE.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Timeshift is brilliant, you should get that. It wasn't really a massive game when it came out but it was good, and the people who haven't played it yet are just missing out. :)

mikekearn

Erudite Loquaciousness
Aug 27, 2008
AjimboB said:
Either Heavenly Sword or Timeshift, stay the hell away from Haze.

Heavenly Sword is probably the better game. It's gorgeous and the story and combat are excellent, the only fault of the game being that it's ridiculously short.
Everything this person said here is true.

Apr 28, 2008
Heavenly Sword is easily the best of the bunch. Timeshift was mildy fun, and had an interesting premise, but was otherwise "meh". Heavenly Sword is a great game. Its short, but thats the only real bad thing about it. Its fun, looks great, and runs well.

As for Haze, well I don't talk about Haze. I've made peace with that... thing that essentially took the life of Free Radical and have moved on. I'd rather just let past demons, hate, and bile lie.

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
I have Timeshift. Freezing time when it's raining is fucking amazing. Get Timeshift.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
My vote goes to Heavenly Sword, if only for the similarity to God of War (which we all know is damn good game)

psivamp

Jan 7, 2010
If you pick Timeshift, watch the Noob v. Pro videos to get a handle on the robustness of the time powers... there are some less than obvious uses to them that could have been good to know the first run through.