A funny thing happened while playing Fallout 3...

Daniel Ferguson

Apr 3, 2010
You see, I was in the very centre of the capital, going back and forth between the museum of history and the capitol building, clearing the latter out, when the funniest thing happened.

A protectron that I'd already killed and looted fell out of the sky.

Then, after taking out the super mutant behemoth, and going outside to fast-travel, this time the same robot seemed to leap from where it'd fallen out of the sky, over to the other side of the space.

Weird.

Would have been great if I'd been filming it.

Captcha is 'hulk smash'.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Yup, that sounds like Fallout 3 to me.

Surprised you haven't yet discovered your new lord and savior, the flying spaghetti monster yet. :D

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I had one of those giant mutants fall out of the sky once.

Gave me quite a fright actually.

I put it down to aliens. Tractor beams must have broken down under the strain.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Weren't there a few cases of Deathclaws falling out of the sky in that game when it first came out? I saw my fair share of completely gibbed NPCs re-assembling and floating around mysteriously. Whenever I approached them, it was like trying to hold a conversation with a Martian from Mars Attacks...then there were the cases of dead bodies doing helicopter impressions, getting stuck halfway through a wall and endlessly flailing around. Brilliant!

I used to get a few NPCs in Oblivion who stared blankly at me without saying a word. When I tried to talk to them, all I got was the message
Code:
"I HAVE NO GREETING"
. Creepy.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Well as long as we're talking about bugs in Bethesda games:

In my Skyrim save I have a dead dragon who teleports to me every few fast travels. I've considered using it to transport junk I have no time to sell.

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
I once rode my horse up to the entrance at Solitude, dismounted, turned and watched the horse rocket off on a flat horizontal about 3 miles like it was attached to a bungee cord and only my weight was keeping it here. Given Solitude's on a hill, I never saw that horse again.

Captcha: Welcome to earth! If only, Space Horse... if only

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
That's Bethesda for ya, here's some great examples:

Yeah especially the Fallout games can get rather...unholy.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Meh, I've had odder things happen to me. For example, killing an enemy and their limbs deciding to spaz the fuck out and fly away. I believe I even recorded it happening once, but I don't know where the video file is.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
I haven't played Fallout 3 for ages, seeing as I have had so many playthroughs already, but that brings back good old memories of flying radscorpions and spinning items. Oh! And the stretchy models that mean people sometimes end up with "deathclaw hands". Das freaky.

I have also experienced Skyrim's flying mammoths and the "fluff dragons" as I call them. Dragons trapped within a poor-quality texture. They look kind of cool.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
My big recurring bug in Fallout 3 was a super-mutant corpse stretching across the sky over Big Town... that and their scrapped protectron spawning underground. Made the mistake of teleporting to it with a console command once. Always teleport it to you.

In New Vegas, it was always a hostile nightkin spawning (alive) in Freeside. Always a hell of a fight for the Kings.

Skyrim... dragon corpses falling from the sky when I fast travel or leave a building... always with their flesh on them, but not interactable.

AdagioBoognish

Member?
Nov 5, 2013
SirBryghtside said:
I just got back into Skyrim, and one of the first things I saw was a mammoth teleporting 20 feet in the air before falling to its death :p I love Bethesda.
One of my favorite buggy moments from skyrim was when several mammoths started falling from the sky. Have since been searching for a mammoth rain spell mod. Nothing would be more destructive than calling down hairy elephants to squish your enemies.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
i once saw a super mutant i had already killed spasm the fuck out and float towards the horizon, it was magical

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
I remember that happening to a Deathclaw once...ironically it actually came back down and landed on a Talon Company Merc and killed him. XD
Anyway, one time I was on Very Hard mode and the Firelance had just fallen out of the sky in the city. I was searching frantically for it, managing to nab a bunch of powercells, but there was no gun. Then suddenly a Raider pulled it out on me and shot me, instantly killing me since I was on Very Hard mode and despite the fact that I was not only at full health, but was also wearing the Winterized Power Armor...

Needless to say I reloaded and didn't get the Firelance because I forgot to save when it landed. :/

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
AdagioBoognish said:
One of my favorite buggy moments from skyrim was when several mammoths started falling from the sky. Have since been searching for a mammoth rain spell mod. Nothing would be more destructive than calling down hairy elephants to squish your enemies.
That'd be awesome to see! :D I think being squished by a mammoth would be infinitely better than being chased by cliff racers. It wasn't more than two weeks after I bought the game that I added a mod to remove them.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Sassafrass said:
Yup, that sounds like Fallout 3 to me.

Surprised you haven't yet discovered your new lord and savior, the flying spaghetti monster yet. :D
The first raider I ever killed in that game turned into one of those. I thought it was an intended part of the game at first; mutating into some monster. I stood watching the sky for a moment wondering if it was coming back.
Funny glitches like that don't bother me at all. It's the crashes that can kill the experience. New Vegas crashed more than anything. Of course all the amusing stuff gets patched first.