A Game of Thrones: Genesis Review

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
A Game of Thrones: Genesis Review

The strategy game doesn't live up to its name.

Read Full Article

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I'll hold out for Westeros: Total War. I know somebody at Total War Center is probably working on that mod.

EDIT.
Yep, found it.
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=721

TheBelgianGuy

Aug 29, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
I'll hold out for Westeros: Total War. I know somebody at Total War Center is probably working on that mod.

EDIT.
Yep, found it.
Too bad total war and it's mods have the same intrigue as feeding your goldfish.

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
Is the video not working for anyone else? It's giving me the illusion of buffering, but I suspect that it's actually not going anywhere.

Feb 9, 2011
Giest4life said:
Is the video not working for anyone else? It's giving me the illusion of buffering, but I suspect that it's actually not going anywhere.
Worked for me, but it appears to be very, very choppy, or maybe that's the gameplay and the game really looks that bad. I'm not sure.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
TheBelgianGuy said:
Soviet Heavy said:

EDIT.
Yep, found it.
Too bad total war and it's mods have the same intrigue as feeding your goldfish.
You've obviously never blackmailed the pope, or established an inbred dynasty of tyrant kings then. The campaign map for Total War games lets you get away with some nasty stuff that you can't do in the tactical battles.

darkfire613

Jun 26, 2009
And this is what we get instead of the Bethesda RPG, because Bethesda wanted to make Skyrim instead. Disappointing doesn't even begin to describe it.

random_bars

Oct 2, 2010
If this is 2.5 stars and therefore halfway between really good and really bad, I'd hate to see what kind of game would get a lower score than this...

Monsterfurby

Mar 7, 2008
nikki191 said:
i tended to find an old game crusader kings from paradox interactive had more intrigue and family drama
There is actually a really, REALLY well-done Westeros mod for that.

When CK2 is out next year, it will be the ultimate platform for a Westeros mod.

___

As for Cyanide's game. Meh, I suspected as much. Maybe it's still a fun game in multiplayer and I might get it when it goes budget price / bargain bin. For now though... meh.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
random_bars said:
If this is 2.5 stars and therefore halfway between really good and really bad, I'd hate to see what kind of game would get a lower score than this...
Good point. For me, the intrigue/diplomacy part of the game was worth at least half a star. Without those units and mechanics this game would have scored much lower.

Greg

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
Scrumpmonkey said:
The first rule of videogames is you do NOT buy movie/TV tie-ins. Never worth it. You would think after decades of shit the public at large would learn this yet i still hear peoples suprise because "The movie was good"

[sub]Well unelss its Scott Pilgrim. [/sub]
But...this is a book tie in...

Oh jeah, they made it into a show. THAT's why everyone knows about it now. >.<

Whoever decided to give Cyanide the rights to GRRM's gem should be thrown in the black cells for their crime.

Jimmybobjr

Aug 3, 2010
Why on earth do i keep hearing about this Series of books?

I rented Game of thrones from the School Library, only to get no further than about page one hundred.

Mainly due to that point there was a very detailed scene where a man has sex with a 13 Year old girl.

Then i skipped to the last few pages of the book to find that said 13 year old girl... Gave birth to dragons?

Or something?

Yeah.

I really hope that theres context there.

EDIT:

I read a wikipedia article, turns out she didnt give birth to dragons, but some weird shit happened beside that.

And im actiualy wondering if the book im talking about is the same book as what everyone is talking about, and not a entirely different thing.

JSW

Oct 7, 2009
On the plus side, the graphics are really impressive for a Genesis game. I'm looking forward to seeing what the SNES version looks like.

Anodos

Jul 23, 2011
Disappointing game or not, thats REALLY good graphics for the Genesis, im impressed.