A Game You Wished Sold Well, But Didn't :(

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Hey guys,

What that one game that, for whatever reason, you really, REALLY wanted to be successful, but never ended up being so.

Recently, I've picked up myself Worms Revolution Extreme for the PS Vita, and I so wish this game was selling like hotcakes. The online multiplayer is great, but the game just isn't that busy during certain times of the day, due the game clearly not selling too well.

Of course, I wish that Psychonauts would've done well, so we could've seen a sequel, along with Grim Fandango, not so much for a sequel, but that adventure games might've still had some life in them for a while longer.

Dec 14, 2009
o________________________________________o

>________________________________________>

<_________________________________________<

*raises hand*

Errr, I have game I think should have done better, sir.

Can you guess what it is?

BQE

Posh Villainess
Jun 17, 2013
Daystar Clarion said:

*raises hand*

For the sake of having actual content in your post my beloved Daystar, please enlighten us ;)

As far as the topic, if I had to really pick one it would be Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. This may seem like a bizarre choice, but the premise of people playing as the Umbrella Corps black ops team and actually being bad people really impressed me. Oh that ending was a delight too.

Dec 14, 2009
BQE said:
Daystar Clarion said:

*raises hand*

For the sake of having actual content in your post my beloved Daystar, please enlighten us ;)

As far as the topic, if I had to really pick one it would be Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. This may seem like a bizarre choice, but the premise of people Umbrella Corps black ops team and actually being bad people really impressed me. Oh that ending was a delight too.
No!

*Crosses hands across chest and pouts*

I want people to guess.

They'll never figure it out.

[HEADING=1]NEVER![/HEADING]

BQE

Posh Villainess
Jun 17, 2013
Daystar Clarion said:
BQE said:
Daystar Clarion said:

*raises hand*

As far as the topic, if I had to really pick one it would be Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. This may seem like a bizarre choice, but the premise of people actually playing as Umbrella Corps' black ops team and actually being bad people really impressed me. Oh that ending was a delight too.

No!

I want people to guess.

Twenty-eight thousand posts and a not single one wasted my dear. Fine, I'll play your game.

Does it involve a white dog of some sort?

Dec 14, 2009
BQE said:
Daystar Clarion said:
BQE said:
Daystar Clarion said:

*raises hand*

As far as the topic, if I had to really pick one it would be Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. This may seem like a bizarre choice, but the premise of people Umbrella Corps black ops team and actually being bad people really impressed me. Oh that ending was a delight too.

No!

I want people to guess.

Twenty-eight thousand posts and a not single one wasted my dear. Fine, I'll play your game.

O______________o

Err...

>____________________________________>

<_____________________________________<

No, not a white dog?

[sub][sub]Heh heh, suckah[/sub][/sub]

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:

Is it the least commercially successful winner of a Game of the Year award, according to the Guinness Book of Records? Does it begin with the letter O?

Anyway I'll go with Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising. An absolutely awesome action/strategy game, praised by critics and completely ignored when it hit the shops. The ending has a sequel hook, but that sequel is unlikely to materialise.

And while we're on the subject of criminally ignored action/strategy games, Sacrifice also got a lot less love than it deserved.

Dec 14, 2009
Bad Jim said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Is it the least commercially successful winner of a Game of the Year award, according to the Guinness Book of Records? Does it begin with the letter O?

Anyway I'll go with Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising. An absolutely awesome action/strategy game, praised by critics and completely ignored when it hit the shops. The ending has a sequel hook, but that sequel is unlikely to materialise.

And while we're on the subject of criminally ignored action/strategy games, Sacrifice also got a lot less love than it deserved.
I'm ignoring you, not because you're right or anything.

I...

I don't like your attitude.

>___>
<___<

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
BQE said:
Daystar Clarion said:
BQE said:
Daystar Clarion said:

*raises hand*

No!

I want people to guess.

O______________o

Err...

>____________________________________>

<_____________________________________<

No, not a white dog?

[sub][sub]Heh heh, suckah[/sub][/sub]
OH! Haunting Ground/Demento for the PS2!

That's a point, I've still yet to check that game out.

BQE

Posh Villainess
Jun 17, 2013
Daystar Clarion said:

I...

>___>
<___<
ENOUGH!

No more games Daystar, give us the antidote if you want to live!

...*ahem* I mean, just spit it out so we can move on with our lives. I simply can not take the suspense anymore.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Spec Ops the Line. Yeah it had some people rolling their eyes, but I think it knocked it out of the park, and I wish that some people people had at least HEARD of it and the direction it took, if only so we could see it affect other works and get some really cool new ideas.

WenisPagon

Mar 16, 2010
Keeping with the Clover theme, God Hand. It's an amazingly tight beat-em-up that way too many players and reviewers put down before it could click.

That moment when you suddenly "get it" is amazing, I was never able to replicate that feeling until Dark Souls.

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
Vanquish - want a sequel
Anarchy Reigns - because the servers were dead not long after release.
Akia Katana - that becoming a flop made it clear that CAVE shmups are a failure in the west (and Japan too).

Dec 14, 2009
BQE said:
Daystar Clarion said:

I...

>___>
<___<
ENOUGH!

No more games Daystar, give us the antidote if you want to live!

...*ahem* I mean, just spit it out so we can move on with our lives. I simply can not take the suspense anymore.
You'll take it and you'll like it.

:3

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Pretty much anything by Platinum, because at this rate, the only game they've ever released that's going to get a sequel is Bayonetta. Goddamnit, I want Vanquish 2, with the robot dog companion they had planned for the original!

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Alpha protcol . Flawed but marvelous!

I second Alan wake . That was a well written game . Loved every moment.

Also Lost oddesey . Another well written game ( especially the short stories).

BQE

Posh Villainess
Jun 17, 2013
Daystar Clarion said:

How terribly uncouth! Mr. Dog, you must endeavor to treat me as the noblesse that I am. I shant suffer such crass dialogue unfit for one of my station. Amend your speech sirrah.

Dec 14, 2009
BQE said:
Daystar Clarion said:

How terribly uncouth! Mr. Dog, you must endeavor to treat me as the noblesse that I am. I shant suffer such crass dialogue unfit for one of my station. Amend your speech sirrah.
LOLNO

*Runs away*

You haven't heard[sub]the last[/sub][sub][sub]of meeeeeeeeeeee![/sub][/sub]

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Berny Marcus said:
Alan Wake, I wish more people gave it a chance. What a pretty little gem it was.
That game was brilliant. I just wish they'd make a true sequel with better facial animation...