A Genie comes to you and gives you three wishes. What do you wish for?

thejboy88

Aug 29, 2010
Title says it all. You get a Genie, and three wishes. What do you wish for? And just so we have SOME rules here, let's stick with Disney Aladdin Genies laws. No killing, no making people fall in love, no bringing people back from the dead, and no wishing for more wishes.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
I'd wish for a Deathnote. You see, I'm not wishing for people to die, I'm wishing for a magic book that causes people to die. Big difference.

The other two? I dunno. Probably wish for a sandwich. Then, if the genie wanted it, I'd wish for their freedom.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Is World Peace an option?

Fuck it, I will stick to selfish desires, cause thats what people want to hear, isnt it?

Immortality (Duh)

Perfect appearance to my preference (Want to look good for the being immortal and what not)

No longer having anxiety disorders. Sure, maybe being immortal and beautiful will make that wish a waste, but better play it safe, right?

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Weeeelll...

1. The ability to transform myself and possibly others in any way I wish. (Don't ask.)

2. For certain shows (...okay, cartoons) to return to TV and get continuations (ex: Symbonic Titan, Motorcity, Megas XLR, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, The Spectacular Spider-man, the Thundercats reboot...) Oh, and get Cartoon Network to stop shoving Teen Titans Go down our throats. (I can have a multi-part wish, right?)

3. For certain... groups to be easily found and rounded up. (Hey, if I'm not allowed to kill 'em, I can at least do the next best thing!)

Dornedas

Oct 9, 2014
My first wish would be to lose my second wish.

And my third wish is for nobody else to get any wishes from genies ever.

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
What would it take for me to become a professional off-road racing champion? That would take up more than three wishes, wouldn't it? Damn.

And everything I'd need to know to be a video game developer would likewise be too much...

I guess I'd just cut them loose, since there's not really anything I'd want that would fit within the scope of three wishes.

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
1. A time machine, so I can change things as many times as I want.

2. The ability to get in shape by being lazy and eating whatever I want.

3. A successful career just in case, maybe the time machine won't work properly.

Silent Protagonist

Aug 29, 2012
Saelune said:
Is World Peace an option?

Fuck it, I will stick to selfish desires, cause thats what people want to hear, isnt it?

Immortality (Duh)

Perfect appearance to my preference (Want to look good for the being immortal and what not)

No longer having anxiety disorders. Sure, maybe being immortal and beautiful will make that wish a waste, but better play it safe, right?
Immortality is a classic mistake. In the short term you get to watch everyone you will ever care about grow old and die until you become completely emotionally numb. In the medium term humanity either dies out or evolves to a point where they will have less in common with you biologically and mentally than we today would have in common with an immortal Homo habilis. In the long term you will drift in total darkness, frozen but unable to die, for eons as the universe slowly decays towards it's eventual heat death, because our universe, unlike you, is mortal. If you're lucky time might stop eventually.

Major_Tom

Anticitizen
Jun 29, 2008
Knowing my luck, I would probably stumble upon one of those Literal Genies [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LiteralGenie], so I would just free the Genie with my wish like Muder did in that one episode.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
{1} To be transformed into the dark persona that lives within me, a creature whose terrifying visage puts Deathclaws to shame, with dreaded and destructive power on tap. Time to wake up now, foolish humans...

{2} To have access to a technological advancement called a metacell. It is a self-replicating cell-machine that is more advancedd and adaptive than nanites. Indeed, nanotechnology makes up part of it for the benefit of the whole. The applications of such a technology are endless, and I will drag you kicking and screaming into the next century.

{3} Oh, the genie's freedom, no question. The universe should definitely be a more interesting place to be in. It desperately needs a bit of diversion.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
1) To give me wisdom in its gentlest form (any academagia fans here i wonder?).

2) My own custom designed space ship, genelocked to be used by me only (or one of my descendants).

3) The knowledge of how to stop cell degradation and even how to rejuvenate them, along with knowledge of how to reverse the process.

The first gives me the understanding to become a much better person along with a general boost in IQ, the second is pure wish fulfillment and gives me the keys to explore the cosmos at my pleasure, and the 3rd is classic immortality except i can choose to share it with others or disable it at anytime.

Silent Protagonist

Aug 29, 2012
Halyah said:
Silent Protagonist said:
Saelune said:
Immortality (Duh)
Immortality is a classic mistake. In the short term you get to watch everyone you will ever care about grow old and die until you become completely emotionally numb. In the medium term humanity either dies out or evolves to a point where they will have less in common with you biologically and mentally than we today would have in common with an immortal Homo habilis. In the long term you will drift in total darkness, frozen but unable to die, for eons as the universe slowly decays towards it's eventual heat death, as our universe, unlike you, is mortal. If you're lucky time might stop eventually.
People one cares about dying? Not a problem in the long run since one would just meet new people instead. Being immortal also don't make one incapable of making use of future technology so thats not a problem either. Evolution isn't an issue either since we'll take control of that(and already have to some degrees) unless humans keep nuking one another into the stone age so that uncontrolled evolution can still mean anything for humans. Having much in common isn't really an issue either since humanity is gonna splinter in the future anyway as people go their own ways as cultures or individuals. For the last thing.... just word your wish properly so you can kill yourself if you need to. Anything else can be accounted for in the other wishes. So not really a problem in the slightest nor a mistake.

Unless your wording is absolutely atrocious and you aren't clever with it like putting clauses into the wish that'll massively screw over the genie if they try to pull anything or something goes wrong.
Given the original wording was "Immortality(Duh)" I thought Saelune might not have realized the grim consequences of not including mortality clauses in any sort of wish for immortality.

Of course I also glossed over the desperate need to keep your immortality a secret(which will eventually become all but impossible to do), lest you end up strapped into "the Lobotomizer"

Silent Protagonist

Aug 29, 2012
Edit: I realized some people might not enjoy me picking apart wishes(which I see as 90% of the fun in these kinds of discussions) so I'm going to try to stop doing that for now