A Journey Hat for Your Cat

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
A Journey Hat for Your Cat

A chilling example of catsploitation.

Since we're currently in the rather dull period of history where classic forms of entertainment such as bear-baiting and dog-fighting are frowned upon, but society has yet to fully embrace the idea of the Thunderdome, people are forced to find acceptable outlets for their natural sociopathic tendencies. Dressing up your pets like they're human beings is one such outlet.

I am, however, willing to give whoever made this Journey-themed hat for their cat a moral pass - a get-out-of-judgement-free card, if you will - because this hat is fantastic.

The cat, and by extension, the hat, belongs to Japanese Twitter user @meg1jiku [https://twitter.com/#!/meg1jiku ]. The text that accompanied that picture is of course complete gibberish to me, but running it through a translation service produced the following:

"The third journey of wind cat. Mr. Vito could wind red hood! Again, a complete ww I only had a good journey of Vito #wind"
I was hoping the tweet would explain how he/she managed to get the hood on the "Wind cat," without losing significant portions of his/her face. Alas.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
you know your pets don't actually enjoy being dressed up as much as you do

EDIT: unless they are cartoon charachters dress up as Garrus Varkarian

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Pffff...Can't we get beyond Thunderdome? YES! that has made my day!

OT: Out of all the games to make such things, Why Journey?

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
We need more cosplaying cats.

This is the stuff that the internet was made for.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Is it sad that I've been working on a full size Journey cloack for the last two month but was beat by some random Japanese dude making one FOR HIS DAMN CAT

)(*o*)) _I__I_

I don't even want to finish it now...

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
The internet is made of cats because dog people go outside. xD

That cat looks really unimpressed I'm surprised he is tolerating it. The back view is pretty damn adorable lol.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
That cat wears it with verve.

Now I need to go listen to Apotheosis again.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I guess this is finally a reason to own a cat even if it looks like it wants to kill you.

Kalikin

Aug 28, 2010
Grey Carter said:
A Journey Hat For Your Cat

Since we're currently in the rather dull period of history where classic forms of entertainment such as bear-baiting and dog-fighting are frowned upon, but society has yet to fully embrace the idea of the Thunderdome, people are forced to find acceptable outlets for their natural sociopathic tendencies. Dressing up your pets like they're human beings is one such outlet.

I'm am, however, willing to give whoever made this Journey-themed hat for their cat a moral pass - a get-out-of-judgement-free card, if you will - because this hat is fantastic.

The cat, and by extension, the hat, belongs to Japanese Twitter user @meg1jiku [https://twitter.com/#!/meg1jiku ]. The text that accompanied that picture is of course complete gibberish to me, but running it through a translation service produced the following:

"The third journey of wind cat. Mr. Vito could wind red hood! Again, a complete ww I only had a good journey of Vito #wind"
I was hoping the tweet would explain how he/she managed to get the hood on the "Wind cat," without losing significant portions of his/her face. Alas.

I'm honestly not sure if that translation is proof that the machine uprising is a long way off, or if we need to fear it all the more for miscommunication...

I believe that says, " 'Traveler-cat of the wind' 's third bullet. I've finished the red person's hood. I'm happy now it's complete."

No, I have no idea what the bullet refers to. It doesn't help that I haven't played the game...

If anyone else has knowledge of Japanese, feel free to tell me why I suck. Because the reason we learn a new language is to shoddily translate pictures of cosplaying cats on Twitter...

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
I hate dressing up animals in clothes; I find it to be abusive to said animals.
...that, however, is ADORABLE. Why? Oh, no reason... [http://thegamercat.com/2012/03/the-journey/]

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Poor kitty, but he does look cute. I don't dress up my pets.....Okay I don't anymore, but when I was six, a dog in shorts was hilarious...Anyways, I don't dress up my pets, but I so want to right now....I wouldn't, but I want to.

I just hope she doesn't keep it on him. That tail on the hood could be a danger if it got hooked on anything.

Dec 14, 2009
Hah! Look at the size of that cat's scarf!

This cat obviously isn't very good at the game, it has such a small inconsequential scarf.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:

This cat obviously isn't very good at the game, it has such a small inconsequential scarf.
Incidently if it was any longer, the cat would probably play with it rather than getting up that mountain.

Dec 14, 2009
gigastar said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Incidently if it was any longer, the cat would probably play with it rather than getting up that mountain.
But with a scarf that long?

Pfft, might as well not try.

Tengokujin

Jun 17, 2009
Kalikin said:
Grey Carter said:
A Journey Hat For Your Cat

I'm am, however, willing to give whoever made this Journey-themed hat for their cat a moral pass - a get-out-of-judgement-free card, if you will - because this hat is fantastic.

I'm honestly not sure if that translation is proof that the machine uprising is a long way off, or if we need to fear it all the more for miscommunication...

I believe that says, " 'Traveler-cat of the wind' 's third bullet. I've finished the red person's hood. I'm happy now it's complete."

No, I have no idea what the bullet refers to. It doesn't help that I haven't played the game...

If anyone else has knowledge of Japanese, feel free to tell me why I suck. Because the reason we learn a new language is to shoddily translate pictures of cosplaying cats on Twitter...
"Third rendition of wind-travelling cat. Was able to make a hood in the style of Mr. Red! Though it's totally enjoyable only for me lol lol #Wind-Traveller http://twitpic.com/9kzsih"

EDIT: Related:
https://twitter.com/#!/meg1jiku/status/201613530636619776
"In the middle of making the Wind-Travelling Cat's hood. Looks like I'll need to put it on the dark-faced one... Should I request to have the cool and beautiful Ms. Black to model it...? #Wind-Traveller http://t.co/VX8VS90W"