A Link Between Worlds Introduces New Princess, Villain and World

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
Halyah said:
... If Zelda and Hilda are the rulers of their respective kingdoms then why aren't they given the correct title? Or is their fathers/mothers still around, but just conveniently not present? >_>
Probably because they don't actually qualify as queens quite yet, as sometimes in (mostly fictional) monarchies the princess cannot be a queen unless they have been married, and it works the same way for a prince, it doesn't matter if they're the only royal family member left, in some cases a princess can only become a queen if she marries another royal, though this isn't true for the prince, and in this particular case, Zelda's father IS alive (or at least he was in the game this is a sequel to) he's just very briefly shown at the beginning because for the majority of the previous game he was under the same spell all of his soldiers were under.

OT: I'm not entirely sold on this, I like the look, but not really the other kingdom, and those names are terrible, who thought "Lorule" was a good one?

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
I'm not sure why people are bothered by "Lorule". Did you guys think Nintendo was good at names? I mean, come on. Wii? Wii U? 2DS? lol

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
sorsa said:
Oh Zelda, when did I stop caring for the series I used to love so much..?

You can only play on the oldschool generation's nostalgia strings so many times before they are worn out, Miyamoto man.. how many more Link and Zelda variants are you going to spawn in the cloning vat before even you get fed up with the IP? Let, them, go.. and come up with something new. Give us a new hero, and a villain Link or something, if only so we can put the poor leprechaun out of his misery once and for all.
Twilight Princess made 6.83 million

Ocarina of Time 3D made 3.14 million(and it's a re-release of a game, on a less owned system.)

I highly doubt your opinion is the majority.

And while the Zelda franchise is not only pulling in millions, but is considered the game that'll really pull the Wii U off the ground, I highly doubt this series is going away/changing the cast.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Sseth said:
another zelda oh man im so stoked

seriously can nintendo make some new fucking IPs its been 20 fucking years for christ's sake
There has been 51 Zelda games(counting remakes) in 25 years.

There has been over 70 Call of Duty games in half that amount of time.

Nintendo makes up to two Zelda games per console usually.

As long as we live in a gaming world where companies produced more sequels in 10-12 years then Nintendo does in 25, I really don't see your argument being any valid at all.

Also, Nintendo makes games to appeal to all ages, that means it may be your 40th Zelda, but it's most likely some kids first Zelda ever.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
The Dark World
The Sacred Realm
Termina
The Twilight Realm
Minish World
World of the Ocean King
....Lorule?

How many goddamn alternate dimensions does Hyrule need?

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
mad825 said:
...So considering this is a sequel, did the light/dark world just got completely forgotten? Still, I would to know who many people would just buy a 3DS for one game. I won't.
The dark world has already been confirmed. Something about how there are cracks between the Light/Dark worlds, and Link can flatten himself to pass between the cracks.

If you do plan on buying a 3DS, I think you'll find it has one of the best libraries (if not the best) available on any current console.

AdamG3691

Nov 18, 2009
OlasDAlmighty said:
The Dark World
The Sacred Realm
Termina
The Twilight Realm
Minish World
World of the Ocean King
....Lorule?

How many goddamn alternate dimensions does Hyrule need?
the dark world and sacred realm are the same place (and with ganon defeated, it's the sacred realm right now)

termina is a true alternate dimension

the twilight realm isn't really an alternatte dimension as it is a pocket dimension used to imprison people too dangerous to keep alive, but impossible to kill

the minish world is unknown to us, it's not an alternate hyrule though, it's an entire place of it's own like holodrum and labrynna

the world of the ocean king is like koholint in that it may not actually exist, in 2/3 timelines it definitely doesn't because it requires the goddesses to flood the world

and now Lorule

so technically, Hyrule has two alternate worlds, (Termina, Lorule), and two pocket dimensions that aren't intended to be "worlds", just places to put stuff (twilight and sacred realms)

I'm interested in Lorule's relation to termina, termina was made unintentionally by the goddesses, I wonder if they made Lorule or if it was an accident as well?

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
mad825 said:
...So considering this is a sequel, did the light/dark world just got completely forgotten? Still, I would to know who many people would just buy a 3DS for one game. I won't.
I WILL!! I've been waiting for a sequel to A Link To The Past, FOR AGES!!

I can't wait!! I'm so excited!

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
Asuka Soryu said:
Sseth said:

seriously can nintendo make some new fucking IPs its been 20 fucking years for christ's sake
There has been 51 Zelda games(counting remakes) in 25 years.

There has been over 70 Call of Duty games in half that amount of time.

Nintendo makes up to two Zelda games per console usually.

As long as we live in a gaming world where companies produced more sequels in 10-12 years then Nintendo does in 25, I really don't see your argument being any valid at all.

Also, Nintendo makes games to appeal to all ages, that means it may be your 40th Zelda, but it's most likely some kids first Zelda ever.
70 Call of Duty games? Was that supposed to just be an over-exaggeration, or were you including games that are not in fact CoD at all and are just modern military shooters? Or did I just miss like 60 or so Call of Duties?

OT: This game looks awesome. Probably buy it at some point.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Since I'm too lazy to read EVERYONE'S post, has NO ONE taken notice that Zelda now has blond hair and a completely different get-up? What happened to The Link To The Past Zelda? Was she replaced by this evil clone?

VondeVon

Dec 30, 2009
I wish mirror!Zelda were a dude and you could play as mirror!Link who was a girl. Just to shake it up in the slightest.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Sseth said:

Dillon's Rolling Western doesn't count because reasons.

Xenoblade doesn't count because reasons.

Wonderful 101 doesn't count because reasons.

Pushmo doesn't count because reasons.