A Long Time Ago, In A TARDIS Far, Far Away...

Elizabeth Grunewald

The Pope of Chilitown
Oct 4, 2010
A Long Time Ago, In A TARDIS Far, Far Away...

Let's just say we'd like to avoid any Time Lord entanglements.

Rick Kelvington's website summarizes itself pretty succinctly with the catchphrase, "Mashups...it's what we do!" Many of his videos feature Doctor Who set against a variety of science-fiction franchises, but this one stands out above the rest. Kelvington has intercut scenes from the new seasons of Doctor Who against the original Star Wars trilogy, and the result is pretty fun.

Highlights of the video include R2-D2 broadcasting Christopher Eccleston's emergency program 1, David Tennant bemoaning, "I don't want to go," just before he's frozen in carbonite, and Darth Vader identifying himself as The Master to a horrified Matt Smith.

Stick through the credits for some flailing Tennant and C-3PO, and a holographic family reunion of sorts.

Source: Topless Robot [http://www.kelvington.com/]

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Holy shit that was awesome. Maybe now I can get my Doctor Who/Star Trek crossover. I want to see the Borg fight the Daleks damn it.

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
"Reverse the Polarity Productions." Love it. XD

I was chuckling throughout it until Ten's "I don't want to go" came up. Dammit, all this time and it still gets to me...

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
That was brilliant, I was giggling all the way through it but laughed out loud when Matt Smith met his companions boyfriend and they both looked shocked when the lightsabers touched. Then the C3PO and tennant scene topped it all off. Thank you for showing me this Escapist.

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
mattttherman3 said:
I've never seen doctor who so I didn't find this funny at all.
... I've got a mash up video of Red Dwarf and Blake's 7, you want to comment on that to? Oh, no, wait, I bet you've not seen those either. How pointless.

OT: Quite hilarious, in an intensely nerdy sort of way.

wasalp

Dec 22, 2008
_Janny_ said:
"Reverse the Polarity Productions." Love it. XD

I was chuckling throughout it until Ten's "I don't want to go" came up. Dammit, all this time and it still gets to me...
:'(

that was some pretty good special effects. Too bad it felt so disjointed.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Fantastic!

bleachigo10 said:
Holy shit that was awesome. Maybe now I can get my Doctor Who/Star Trek crossover. I want to see the Borg fight the Daleks damn it.
"We are the Borg, you will be assimilated." - "Daleks don't obey. Daleks are the superior beings. You will be EXTERMINATED!"

... damn, now I want to see this. Maybe I'll go look for a fanfic, preferably non-erotic.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
bleachigo10 said:
Isn't Spoony doing that in his second Deadliest Character episode?

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
_Janny_ said:
Yeah, while brilliant, that always makes me sad.

Tennant will always be my Doctor.

PeePantz

Sep 23, 2010
Susan Arendt said:
mattttherman3 said:
I've never seen doctor who so I didn't find this funny at all.
And yet, felt the need to comment anyway.
He serves to persuade people who haven't seen it to stay clear.

I love Doctor Who and enjoy Star Wars, but I didn't find this all too funny. The mashup was visually well done, but it was very ambiguous and didn't seem to really fit.

bak00777

Oct 3, 2009
rly makes me want to go rewatch both the original trilogy and the 10th generation Doctor Who episodes, and finally watch the 11th, stupid netflix doesnt have them on insta-watch yet.

The_Prophet

Sep 3, 2008
bleachigo10 said:
I think my brain would explode from all the awesomeness.
OT: Pretty damn good.