A moment of emotion I had in Skyrim.

arcade109

Jul 7, 2010
I know there just tons of skyrim posts right now but I really wanted to share this.

I was travelling across the countryside to an objective in the corner of the map when I saw a giant up ahead. It was standing in the narrow path I was going to go through so I started to work my way around it. The closer I got it obviously noticed me because it looked at me but didn't seem to care. Then it looked at the hot spring pond in front of it and I noticed that a mammoth was stuck in the water and almost looked like it had gotten stuck and drowned.

I walked towards it expecting it to attack but it just looked up at me then back to the mammoth. I walked right up beside the giant and just stood there while it solemnly looked down in the water. Seeing this, I actually felt really sad for him. It was like his pet mammoth he loved had gotten stuck and died before he could get it out or something. I don't know if this is an actual event or a random encounter or just something that happened that wasnt scripted at all but just this one moment of this giant being sad about his mammoth genuinly made me feel bad for it. This is one of the very very few times a game has ever mad me feel a real emotion like that. Hell I only recall one movie where I actually felt something for the characters. And this wasn't even part of the story or known characters. These were just a couple random creatures I see all the time.

Just wanted to share this. Has anyone else had something like this happen?

HumpinHop

May 5, 2011
Not necessarily emotion for events in game, but I feel emotions or connections to my characters for what happens in the game.

My first time playing the game as an Argonian Paladin, one of the first things I went to was a small house with an old woman sitting outside. I investigate the house since she's in her chair, and check inside the cellar. I notice all kinds of poisons, lots of skulls, and an ambiguous yet suspicious note about starting a 'coven'. I thought with this new information I could go upstairs and confront her with the information, and I was planning to kill her so as to prevent a satanic cult from starting. My fears were confirmed and she attacked me outright, screeching "Fool! None must know my secret!". When I killed her, I felt like I stopped something evil from happening and therefore making Skyrim a more wholesome and safer place.

As minor as this seems, I viewed it fully from the eyes of my character instead of as a gamer sitting in a chair. This isn't the only moment I've had with any of my characters, and considering I've likely not even touched 5% of the content yet, I feel like I could write a novel about each of them when I'm done.