A New Dawn of War Could be Announced Tomorrow

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
A New Dawn of War Could be Announced Tomorrow

Something is being announced tomorrow that relates to Dawn of War, but what?

The long-running Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War franchise could be getting another game soon. The Dawn of War YouTube channel [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_YLkIjJtbg] posted a new video today that is simply a screenshot featuring the words "May 3 7 AM PST / 3 PM GMT."

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1318/1318426.jpg

There's obviously no further info on what the announcement might be, but I think I can safely say that we all want it to be another Relic-developed RTS in the series. It's been seven years since Dawn of War 2 and 12 years since the original, so it's high time we got back to it.

Relic's been quiet since releasing Company of Heroes 2: The British Forces last year, so it wouldn't be a huge surprise to see them gearing up for a new project.

We'll let you know what it is tomorrow morning.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
We have an announcement they might make an announcement. Fantastic.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Trust in the Emperor, Battle-Brothers!

Also, has it really been twelve years since DoW 1? By the Emperor, I feel old.

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
Yes?

Yes please?

Yes please for the love of god make sure it's like DoW II and not Soulstorm?

Quality-wise with these things Relic's been good with 'em (I won't mention the multiplayer if you won't), so colour me excited to find out what this could be. [sub]and hopefully it's an actual game announcement and not something else.[/sub]

[sub]Though admittedly Soulstorm had it's moments due to the sheer narm of it (SPECE MAHREENS! TODEH IS TEH DEH!). But I'd prefer more Tarkus, Hero of the Imperium over Borealum.[/sub]

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Wrex Brogan said:
Yes?

Yes please?

Yes please for the love of god make sure it's like DoW II and not Soulstorm?

Quality-wise with these things Relic's been good with 'em (I won't mention the multiplayer if you won't), so colour me excited to find out what this could be. [sub]and hopefully it's an actual game announcement and not something else.[/sub]

[sub]Though admittedly Soulstorm had it's moments due to the sheer narm of it (SPECE MAHREENS! TODEH IS TEH DEH!). But I'd prefer more Tarkus, Hero of the Imperium over Borealum.[/sub]
I'd rather the base building of the original DOW games with the squad layouts/abilities of DOW2

Base building was great in the Dawn of war games and it would be amazing if it would return....with the option of rotating the buildings xD

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
And then they'll announce the DLC races and the package deal that'll cost $150 for everything... until they release more DLC and that Grand Master package will come at the low low price of your firstborn, 2 pints of blood and your favorite family pet. Oh and $200.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Maybe it's because I've been gorging on good warhammer games lately, but even though Dow1 is one of my favorite games ever I'm not as excited as I should be...

Perhaps it's because I wasn't fond of dow2 shifting things from large scale battles with base building to small scale skirmishes between small squads, or that I found the engine kinda bad tbh (dow2/coh2 had the same engine and in both cases I found controlling units to feel awkward for whatever reason, also units moved around in a fashion that i found immersion breaking for reasons i can't put my finger on either, just that by comparison units in dow1/coh1 moved a lot more naturally and there was a lot more units on screen too), but yeah I'm gonna need to see it in action or at least a few screenshots before I get excited for dow III.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
And I'll be offline because I'll be on vacation, I hate my timing! I won't be able to get all excited and see the glory for five days.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I am excited for a new Dawn of War, but I hope that it is more Dawn of War than Dawn of War 2.

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
FOR DEE EMPRAH! BATUL BROTHAS! THE DAY MAE BEE AT OUA DOAH!!! BRAESS FO IMPACT!!! STEEL REHN IS COMEH!!!

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Funny timing, I just started playing the first DoW again. If this'll be DoW3 related I'll be curious what kind of direction they're taking the game.
Neverhoodian said:
Trust in the Emperor, Battle-Brothers!

Also, has it really been twelve years since DoW 1? By the Emperor, I feel old.
I know, right? When I installed it a few days ago I was surprised I needed a patch to get it to run at 1080p. I didn't figure it was from before that era.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
By the grace of the God Emperor, our undying lord, let it be so.

DoW2 is far more enjoyable than DoW1 for me. I didn't miss base building in the slightest, which is something that surprised me at the time.

Removing the bases made the game more fluid. Base building, however, would fit the Imperial Guard well.
When BB is involved all I ever did was sit in base until I had an invicible force and then move them up to the objective and crush everything beneath me. There was no challenge at all. I could win every game (even on hard) without even thinking. DoW2 was much more challenging for me.

Also, if people want a base building game set in space...Starcraft2 exists for you.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
Emperor faithful on the internet are already digging.
Someone posted this.
https://i.imgur.com/2E0MCfW.png

http://www.dawnofwar.com/

I visited and inspected the elements.

It's there.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Aw hell yeah. I'd love if it were some hybrid combination of the best elements of both DoW1 and 2 with a few modern twists thrown in. Whatever the case it's been wayyyyyy too long since Relic made another rts and neat as Company of Heroes 2 was, it felt like more of the same.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
The Developer is a formidable yet predictable foe. Employing advanced hype tactics to weaken financial resolve might work on the Orks, but we are Space Marines, and we do not fall for such trickery.

Be ready Battle Brothers. For tomorrow the enemy will unveil their true intentions and we must be prepared. No matter the heresy, our faith in The Emperor will guide us.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
1- A HD remaster of DoW, plus all of it's expansions. With Soulstorm completely overhauled.
2- They are moving ot from small scale skirmishes to full scale war, with Titans.

I am interested to see where the story will take the Blood Ravens. They were left in a somewhat precarious position at the conclusion of DoW2.

nomotog_v1legacy

Jun 21, 2013
DeepReaver said:
I'm taking bets that it is just another character for Last Stand, any takers?
I think you have it right. It's something with last stand. If it were a whole new game, I would expect more tell tail signs.