A New Dawn of War Could be Announced Tomorrow

Obbi

May 7, 2008
Eh. I didn't like Dawn of War 2, but it apparently did well. So regardless of what the announcement is, I'm just going to get let down that it's not like the original.

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
I'd like an RPG more. But I'll take anything that is 40k and good. Fluff-wise, DoW 1 was a bit insulting considering Space Marines letting themselves slaughtered without any limit. They should have been special units, I could understand that more regarding Chaos Space Marines. But not all of them.

That's the main reason actually why I for one liked DoW 2 more. It got closer to the source material in that Space Marines didn't act out of character. Even though one could argue that the Blood Ravens don't care that much. But that wasn't reflected ingame in-universe.

Also, what's up with base building Space Marines? Sometimes, sure. But all the time?

And Space Marines teching? Anyone teching?

And yes, I ignored the MP of DoW 2 outright except for the arena and coop.

Zelderahn

Feb 19, 2014
DoW 3 made in the style of CoH2 with limited bases and a wealth of tactical options to affect the battlefield would be a dream come true.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Please for the love of the Emperor, make it more like DOW 1 than 2. The squad battles and zero base building was terrible for this series and killed any enjoyment I got from DOW 2.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Given how they recently added the Necron Overlord to the Last Stand I'm going to guess that this will just be more of the same, like a 3rd map or something, but I would love to be proven wrong and have a DoW III.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
And then they'll announce the DLC races and the package deal that'll cost $150 for everything... until they release more DLC and that Grand Master package will come at the low low price of your firstborn, 2 pints of blood and your favorite family pet. Oh and $200.
Compared to all of the Sims3? It's a steal.
To get full Sims3 you'll need 700$.

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
I love all of you. Let's hope for Dawn of War 1 RTS with Dawn of War 2 squad mechanics. The best of both worlds, as it were.

We'll see in about 90 minutes or so.

Sep 9, 2007
Its Dawn of War 3. [Steam page [http://store.steampowered.com/app/285190/]]

Looks like we will have Orks, Eldar and Space Marines and the campaign will alternate between the three factions.

I'm liking the look of what I guess are going to be the new super units.

Also, who's going to be the Blood Ravens Force Commander? It doesn't look like Diomedes, Gabe is the Chapter Master now and the FC from the vanilla DoW2 campaign is... missing.

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
An impressively crap trailer considering that trailers that we've had in the past.