A Petty Thing That gets on your Nerves

TheAIOverlord

Dec 9, 2010
There are too many things to count that get on my nerves, so I'll just list some of the biggest ones.

-Ignorant people (not stupid people: there's a difference)
-When the other people in my school say that they don't care about school and act like it's such a horrible thing to actually learn something other than what's new in pop culture for once
-People who think they know more about a certain subject than a person who has a degree in the subject
-People who refer to graphite as "lead"
-Social networking
-People who make fun of/do impressions of Stephen Hawking, my role model
-People who text each other even when they are sitting two feet away from each other
The list goes on, but I think I've made my point: I don't like most things that people do. I show most of the signs of being antisocial.

Harley Q

Oct 11, 2009
People who leave towels and clothes on the bathroom floor. For the love of Thor I installed a towel rack and there is a laundry basket right there!!!!!!! Just pick it up off the bloody floor before I beat you with the toilet brush!

and breathe.....

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
Lonely Packager said:
Emoticons. I have no idea why, but emoticons make me cringe. Every time I see one of my friends use them, I want to poke their eyes out with a fork.
But... but emoticons are fun :D
And fork to the eyes... that's a bit extreme don't you think o_O

Anyway, when people mess up compound words. It's not a problem in English (as much), but Finnish uses a lot of compound words, and it's really annoying how bad people can be with them.

And then there's the *tsk* sound people make when they, for example, hear something they don't like, or just at the beginning or end of a sentence.

Also, it's Soul Calibur. Not Soul Caliber. And I don't even play those games.
And ignorant isn't equivalent to stupid.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
People who talk.
Constantly. Forever. It's ALL THEY DO. Even after someone, say a teacher, has asked them to stop, becuase their ego is so big, they decide what they are saying is more important, so it couldn't possibly be being said to them.
AAAARGH.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
teqrevisited said:
I get incredibly annoyed when I get stuck behind people who walk slowly. I had to go into town on saturday and there were a few moments where I actually had to stand still because nobody was moving fast enough for me to walk anywhere. If they'd have looked behind themselves they would've seen me furiously mouthing curses at them.
Oh man, this, people also seem incapable of pushing a buggy/pram/push chair in a straight line.

So I get stuck behind people walking too slowly, but can't get by them because they're swerving all over the bloody shop.

Gets on my tits.
Oh, I know i've already posted, but then I saw these, and had to agree. It's a thing at my school, and now whenever it happens, I loudly say I hate it when that happens, and stare at them until they walk faster, or get out of my way. I walk quickly, so this happens a lot, and it's bloody annoying.
GRRRRR!

Crazy

Oct 4, 2011
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
People singing a song wrong and not giving a fuck. Even after I tell them. Also related, when my mother starts dancing to dubstep as she danced in the 60's (Yeah I listen to dubstep, wanna fight about it?). And by dancing I mean dancing and singing.

Also my brother sending my skype video chat invites when he's in the same room as I, sending them from his laptop...as in what's happening every few seconds.

EDIT:
Princess Trollestia said:
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.
Ah, Austin Powers in Goldmember. Well played.

SquidVicious

Apr 20, 2011
Country
United States
Only petty gripe I can really think of is when someone says "I listen to everything except rap and country".

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
How anyone on the internet complaining is 'butthurt', even if it's a legitimate complaint. In fact, basically anyone that talks down to someone else and assumes the other person is stupid for no real reason (differing opinions aren't a reason, usually).

Oh, and also, not being allowed to point out that fat people, smokers and the like could do with taking better care of their health. It's not like I say it to strangers, but don't complain when you're struggling to walk up a hill after you've just come out of Greggs. I don't necessarily mind people being fat or being a smoker, but it's undeniably true that your health would be better if you weren't, don't argue with me about it.

salinv

Mar 17, 2010
Magnicon said:
Random Person: Did you hear about this guy named John we don't know who cheated on his girlfriend?
Is it bad that I was more annoyed by this? It runs on and seriously needs a break in there.

"Did you hear about this guy named John? We don't know who cheated on his girlfriend."
or
"Did you hear about this guy named John we don't know, who cheated on his girlfriend?"

Gah, that "we don't know" is really annoying me now; it is awkward no matter how you place it.

Being annoyed by small grammar quirks, talk about petty.

Overuse of a single word. When I can't think of a word to describe something, like an awesome piece of luck or interesting coincidence, I default to "nice," and it annoys me to oblivion.

Hypocrites, and people who can't spell "hypocrite." Oddly enough, I never get mad at myself for this..

Captcha: road rage, almost fitting...

Numerous edits: I can't proofread apparently. And I keep coming up with new petty annoyances.

Whoatemysupper

Aug 20, 2010
TheFunPolice said:
Whenever a "certain" friend of mine speaks... Honestly, ANYTHING she says will make me cringe or go mad with anger. This isn't just when he says something stupid, It's even when she just says Hi or is saying my name, it just drives me up the wall, and I don't know why
Is it Timmy the... Really Nice Guy?
O.T. When someone giving a presentation frequently repeats a word or phrase. I recently attended one where the lady giving the presentation would say the phrase "As it may be," almost every sentence.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Lukeje said:
coolman9899 said:
Marter said:
People who don't understand how to use an em dash.
What da Hell is a em dash is it some kind of formatting charecter's
Yes. There are three types of dashes: hyphens, en-dashes and em-dashes. Here, have a wiki article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dash
Queen Michael said:
Also, "thou" wasn't the Shakespearian equivalent of "you." "Thou" was the singular form, and "you" was the plural, which was also used when one wanted to be respectful! Just saying!
Wait, what? Thou is to you as tu is to vous in French. It's the impolite form of `you'. At least in the context normally given in the Bible.
I checked things out, and apparently, thou used to be the singular form when ye was the plural, and later it turned into a less respectful version of you. Huh.
Oh, and "tu" is the singular form and "vous" is the plural form. Though it's true that "vous" is also used when addressing one person respectfully.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Queen Michael said:
Oh, and "tu" is the singular form and "vous" is the plural form. Though it's true that "vous" is also used when addressing one person respectfully.
Exactly. Thus the analogy is basically perfect.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
It perturbs me when people don't understand that everyone takes different things seriously. Also, when someone says something like "don't get so upset" when I'm not upset, and it causes me to actually get annoyed.

matts

Feb 13, 2012
People who get overly annoyed/irritated/angry at small, in the big scheme of things, completely irrelevant things bug me.

I can't possibly know or adjust to every little thing that might bug someone...

Also people who get annoyed and don't tell you why but just act angry/annoyed/irritated and expect you to figure it out...

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
Whoatemysupper said:
O.T. When someone giving a presentation frequently repeats a word or phrase. I recently attended one where the lady giving the presentation would say the phrase "As it may be," almost every sentence.
Oh my, you've just reminded me of my old head of college. There aren't words to describe how irritating that woman was. Her favourite phrase was 'In terms of' and my friend and I once counted the amount of times she said it in one 45 minute speech.

She said it 37 times, the waffly old bint.

People standing behind me, looking over my shoulder is another one. I can't stand that, especially if their eating and drinking. It's like nails on a chalkboard.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
People who stand in the middle of an aisle in a Supermarket and talk to someone they could speak to outside when they aren't getting in my sodding way.

I dislike shopping in the first place and people that make an already painful experience worse irritate me to no end.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Any bill or purchasable item with the number 9 anywhere in it. F**k the penny & round that b**ch up.