A question for Canadian Escapists

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Arrogant worms. Follow them at all? I like them, hell I'll say I love them.

I'm just wondering which song is your favorite from their albums.

That's just a taste of them. There are more songs that I love too but these are the ones I always think of while working.

[sub][sub]As a Canadian, I'm sorry if I offended any Yanks listening to The war of 1812. I'll dry your tears! XD[/sub][/sub]

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Nope don't follow them at all ... Canadian Folk is not my first choice I would have to say. But they are still a good laugh. Just not something I'd be listening to daily.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
I don't really follow them at all. I have listened to the war of 1812 a few times before, and that never ceases to amuse me.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Sorry... I had no idea they even existed!

When i read the beginning I thought you were making fun of Canadians to be honest!

but I like them... I think you may have started something!

Balvale

Oct 17, 2008
As a resident of Toronto, "Ontario Sucks" is the most hilarious thing I've heard all week.

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
(Psst... "The War of 1812" is by Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie, not the Arrogant Worms.)

-m

Psykoma

Nov 29, 2010
Otaku World Order said:
Huh... Never heard of them before. "Ontario Sucks"... I'm guessing they're from Alberta.
As far as I've been able to tell, having been in /talked to people from most of the provinces, I'm pretty sure the average for, well, everywhere other than ontario, hates ontario.

And everyone, even ontarians, hate toronto.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
Only song of theirs I ever heard was "Me like hockey". Good song, but I heard it back when I was about 11. More than a decade later I, can't believe they still exist.

Deadman Walkin

Jul 17, 2008
Otaku World Order said:
Huh... Never heard of them before. "Ontario Sucks"... I'm guessing they're from Alberta.
Funny you say that, because they are actually from Ontario!

I love them but I haven't listened to them for a while. Boo about the Calgary sucks though :(

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
The Ontario Sucks song isn't by the Arrogant Worms, though people keep saying it is. It's from some other band from Edmonton from what I hear. Can't recall which band, but not the Worms. But it is true.

I don't follow them, but I do know a few of their songs. Jesus' Brother Bob, The Last Saskatchewan Pirate, It's Great To Be A Nerd, Me Like Hockey, and many others are great. Been a while since I had a listen though.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Matt_LRR said:
(Psst... "The War of 1812" is by Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie, not the Arrogant Worms.)

-m
^^ what he said. Apparently file sharing is to blame for this mistake, like it got mislabeled or something. Similar to how everyone thinks the Link (As in legend of Zelda) is by System of a Down, when really it's by an indie band from Washington called The Rabbit Hole.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
I listened to 'em plenty when I was a kid, but as I got into more music, I kinda lost interest in comedy groups. Still, they're pretty damn funny.