A question for the Escapists in the UK/Ireland

YoUnG205

Ugh!...
Oct 13, 2009
Well that is a good question cos I have no idea what is in the middle but it kinda looks like a honeycomb I guess. As for taste well I don't like them they are too hard and kinda hurt my mouth same reason I don't eat crisps.

bak00777

Oct 3, 2009
PayJ567 said:
Funny I've never heard of a "candy bar" called chrunchie.. But if you are referring to the chocolate bar then all your questions have been answered above.
ya i guess calling them a chocolate bar would be a better word for them, but everyone i know calls chocolate bars candy bars, maybe its an American thing

Thanks for all the responses.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
I LOVE Crunchie's. They're absolutely just brilliant, I ate a ton recently during Halloween.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
So Delicious. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crunchie]

It's kind of hard to describe apart from tasting awesome. The only downside is that sometimes the honey comb bits get stuck to my teeth, I think it's like caramelised sugar (I may be entirely making that up by the way).

Also, it gives you that Friday feeling. :)

As a side note, candy to me is hard powdery stuff, like candy necklaces and edible watches and Refreshers and stuff. Chocolate is something else entirely.

bak00777

Oct 3, 2009
IcyEvils said:
Ouch, she's from Northern Ireland? How on earth can you stand our accent?! As others have said, its honeycomb wrapped in a thin layer of milk chocolate.

And it defies the laws of space and time.

lol Well i dont mind the accent, her handwriting is another story.

properturnip

Mar 30, 2009
They are pretty much the best chocolate bars we can get, and sometimes they come in 8-packs! They rule. Also, from my experience, possiby aphrodesiac :D

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
they are very nice and have honeycomb in and are nice and lovely and nice.

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
That's a tough question...

Imagine the inside of an Areo but with smaller bubbles and much harder but not as hard as boiled sweets.
That's what tastes like honey and then that's cut into a rectangle shape and covered with standard Cadbury Milk Chocolate.

The honey comb almost dissolves too if that gives you any ideas but also a picture speaks 1000 works:

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Ah, Crunchies. Tried them a few times, but unfortunately, have never been able to get on with them. I personally prefer my chocolate fillings to stick to the mint of fruit cream variety, but that's just me.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
I'm from UK but don't eat chocolate...

You heard me right, it's not a typo. I HATE the taste of chocolate.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Damn... those things look good.

Why don't we get those here in America? It's clearly a popular chocolate, and America's all about chocolate. Oh well, perhaps we'll never know.

At least we still get Cadbury Cream Eggs. I don't know what those Crunchies taste like, but they CAN NOT be better than Cream Eggs. Physically impossible.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
bak00777 said:
ya i guess calling them a chocolate bar would be a better word for them, but everyone i know calls chocolate bars candy bars, maybe its an American thing.
In the UK/Ireland, 'candy' simply isn't in our vocabulary. There are different kinds of 'sweets', 'chocolate', and 'chocolate bars'. The only things I can think of where we'd use that word are candy floss and candy canes.

PamelaQ

Jul 15, 2010
They have Crunchie in Canada too. One of my favourite bars as a kid. :) We knew the inside as 'sponge toffee', however, not honeycomb.

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
Personally I'd say it's kind of like a butterfingers bar but more aerated and honey tasting.