A question for the guys . Baths : Yay or Nay?

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Not since doing the whole Dude experience a year or so back. Well, minus thugs armed with a ferret, of course.

It's nice, but it's not something I'd do regurally, I waste enough water as it is.

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
krazykidd said:
Do you guys take Baths? Not Showers , but Baths . Maybe with bubbles , maybe without...
Your turn
I originally read this as "Do you take baths, maybe with buddies..."

Like you know, do you and your pals just hang out and suddenly decide to bathe together?

Anyway, no I prefer to take showers. I'll relax in a tub every now and again but I can't ever get over the fact that I'm essentially just making "Me soup" so even after I bathe I feel like I need a shower.

On a related note, there's a hotel I stay at from time to time that has a Steam Shower. I would live in that thing if I could.

targren

May 13, 2009
For me: Therapeutic uses only. For bathing purposes, they're a waste of time and water, and most bathtubs I've seen seem to be designed for people 5ft tall or less. The exception is when I've got one of my brutal, horrible, "I wish this was so tame as to be one of those headaches that makes you wish you were dead" headaches, or when I've ignored my RTS long enough that my arms are literally unusable.

Draken Steel

May 15, 2009
I can see why some people enjoy baths, it can be nice but in general I would prefer a couch, where I dont have to worry about....well, water. The japanese method also solves the problem of laying in your own filth as so many people put it.

I will say tho, a bath helps IMMENSELY for sunburn itchyness.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Yep. Having looked into the science behind it, apparently the best way to actually get clean is to bathe for somewhere over 10 minutes but under an hour to open up your pores, then shower to scrub off the film that leaves on you. So that's what I do every day.

As for the Dude experience... I'm more of a Walter, I bathe with my .45 close to hand. Thugs with ferrets and urine would be well advised to stay the fuck out of my home (I might have been spurred to type that by the pictures of Jeff Bridges with a pair of revolvers all over the ad space here. That would have made The Big Lebowski a much shorter movie).

Vareoth

Mar 14, 2012
As long as I'm not too dirty a bath can be very relaxing.

Most days it's the shower for me though. It's just a lot faster.

Stublore

Dec 16, 2009
Frequently take long HOT baths and spend the time there relaxing by reading and with cold drinks.

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
i take half an hour in the shower sometimes, do you really think id survive a bath, i would need to a backpack of supplies for god sake.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
If I have literally nothing else to do or am sore, then a bath is very nice indeed.

If I'm just trying to get clean, showers win.

Pieturli

Mar 15, 2012
Wait, what kind of sad human being doesn't like baths? I don't have a tub, but if I did, I'd definitely take baths when I got the chance.

Jul 10, 2013
Baths as a way of cleaning yourself isn't that great to me, but for relaxing, there is no alternative.
I recall on time I went camping. Big mistake due to hayfever, but to cut a long story short, I had a bath just to relax as I felt like crap the following morning. I spent an hour just lying back and getting some rest. I showered afterward to actually get clean though, but baths do serve a purpose to me.