A question for the guys . Baths : Yay or Nay?

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
I love baths, but being 6'3" I haven't had one in a very long time. I just don't fit comfortably in most tubs. Closest I've been in years is ice water in a therapeutic tub (not the most relaxing).

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
SonicWaffle said:
krazykidd said:
Your turn
Showers. For one thing, you try settling down for a relaxing soak when you live with two other people and only have one bathroom.

People gotta piss, it's not fair to deny them that just so you can lie about in warm water.
Been there.

It's all about willpower and managing the situation.

If I want a relaxing, soul-soothing bath complete with bubbles and salt and aroma and sprinkles, I won't let you ruin it for me. Come in. Fart. Poop. Pee. Do your worst. I'll think of Father Ted and smile myself happy, improper zen style. I gots bubbles. I smells good. You can't touch me.

TheCrapMaster

Aug 31, 2009
It´s awesome to take a bath. Sadly i don´t have a water tub. But my god when i was living for a week at my friend´s place, i maybe took a hot bath every second day. Tho i then took a shower afterwards because i can´t se how you get "clean" by taking a bath compared to a shower.

NickBrahz

Mar 30, 2011
I took baths as a kid growing up but then i started to only take showers, i'm about 6'ft tall so trying to fit in a bath comfortable is not an option form e so i don't bother, takes way to long for a bath to be full, sometimes balancing the temp is abit annoying, and then after 5-10 mins in the bath i get bored and get out, the only few times i have had a bath in the past few years not a shower is after a really hard week of work and my muscles are sore.

ShipofFools

Apr 21, 2013
I don't have a bath, but I would really like one. My parents have a bath, and whenever I visit them I take the opportunity to soak a bit in my own filth while reading a good book or something. Very relaxing.

Mobax

Oct 10, 2012
I take showers nearly all the time. But I will admit that I take the rare bath when I just want to soak in hot water and relax sore/stiff muscles. If I had a hot tub I would never take a bath =p

- as for the sitting in your own filth, take a 5 minute shower first, then take bath

MrMisfit

Apr 8, 2008
I bathe but, the way I do it it's more like showering while sitting down. I turn the water on, get in, wash up, turn the water off, towel off, and leave. I takes a little longer if I wash my hair but, that's my routine. Doesn't take a lot of water or time.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
It depends. Showers are for hygiene, baths are relaxation.

So, if I was going to take a bath it'd only after I scrubbed the grime off myself.
Also, it would have to be in a hot tub or something like a Sentō, because normal bathtubs just aren't comfortable.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
If I do take a bath, I usually just do the japanese thing where you take a quick shower with soap to wash off the filth first before getting in the tub. That way I'm not stewing in dirty water, and instead get a chance to soak in really hot water for a while. My job is incredibly physically intensive and I sometimes come home sore as hell, and a nice scalding hot bath to relax the muscles is just what I need to feel better in the evening.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Not normally, no. I don't have the time for lazing about in hot water feeling good, I've got to work, become edumacated, cook, eat, play games, hang out with friends - a shower is much more convenient in that sense.
I do like baths when I take them, but I don't take them that often. They also have the downside of getting cold eventually, whilst the shower - so long as you have a good water heating system - stays warm as long as you need it to.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
There's something about swimming around in your own stagnant filth that doesn't sound as appealing to me as a shower.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Sack of Cheese said:
Shower! Bath seems like a waste of water. I know some people share the same bathtub water with their whole family, but it seems icky to me.
\\

What?! Who the hell does that?

OT. Sure. I generally don't have baths, in part just because it's more of a time commitment then I can be bothered with and because I've either been in shared housing situations and / or not bath ones. But I have nothing against them...

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
Jadak said:
Sack of Cheese said:
Shower! Bath seems like a waste of water. I know some people share the same bathtub water with their whole family, but it seems icky to me.
\\

What?! Who the hell does that?
They... don't?
Whoa, okay, I can't imagine the amount of water used for the whole family's bathing, what a waste!

Broax

May 17, 2010
krazykidd said:
So random question for the guys of the escapists . Do you guys take Baths? Not Showers , but Baths . Maybe with bubbles , maybe without .I ask this because i personally know many women who love to take baths . But not a single guy who does . So i bring the question to you guys of the escapists.

As for me i HATE taking a bath . But i dislike water in the first place . I take showers purely for hygienic purposes , but dread ever moment of it . So a bath is a big no no for me .

Your turn
I like them but never have them (I only shower)... I like the concept of lying in the warm water relaxing but I never have time for it.

AidoZonkey

Musician With A Heart Of Gold
Oct 18, 2011
I take showers every day, baths whenever I have a couple of hours to spare and I am super stressed

But not with bubbles, because I always feel silly with bubbles. So baths yes, no bubbles

HellbirdIV

May 21, 2009
Showers for convenience. A bath once in a while is good for your health though, and not in the hygiene sense.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
Depends on how often you bath. If you do it on a regular basis or because you're trying to soak yourself in heat - sure.
But bathing isn't really a "get cleanest" practice. Plus I'm half sure that showers take up less water. And I find it pretty hard and stupid to try and wash my hair in a bath.