A question to the Veteran Fighting Games Players after I saw Dizzy's Instant Kill.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
inu-kun said:
Another question, what does the move do if you have the match in a populated area? Or are all matches are done in desolate wastelands DBZ style?
The world of GG is a cyberpunk post apocalyptic magic civilisation, they have magic shields and stuff able to block even that Gamma Ray. (and yes, it is supposed to look like Final Flash, her son Sin has Big Bang Attack too :D)

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Diablo1099 said:
SweetShark said:
That is a very nice answer. Thank you for the insight.
Now, if they made a combo into an Instant Kill that did involve tea-bagging or a taunt, then you might get someone salty but the amount of time it takes to go Pro in a single Fighting Game means you would have seen every single bit of the game so many times to begin with.

I guess it's all down to the person you're playing and how much of an ass he/she's being IRL.
Right, all this stuff is mundane. Now, being predictable and making guesses that imply that your foe is dumb, that's a way to annoy someone lol.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
There are more unbearable losses. For instance, this match where Smug turns his opponent into a human DDR machine (1:43)

[youtube=vQAGlBdnpVA?t=1m43s

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
inu-kun said:
Dreiko said:
inu-kun said:
Another question, what does the move do if you have the match in a populated area? Or are all matches are done in desolate wastelands DBZ style?
The world of GG is a cyberpunk post apocalyptic magic civilisation, they have magic shields and stuff able to block even that Gamma Ray. (and yes, it is supposed to look like Final Flash, her son Sin has Big Bang Attack too :D)
Meant more as visually, Blazblue had several cirt stages which wouldn't mesh with nuclear explosion, also, wait, Dizzy is a milf?
Ahh, there is the "Japan" stage which is basically a huge crater in the ocean so that fits.

And....Dizzy is a gear, gears are biological dragonlike weapons who mature quickly and are immortal etc. There's tons of weirdness regarding age in GG. She is only 12 or something in Xrd, her son Sin is like 7-8 but already a grown man. Also, she is Sol's daughter with Justice too, Sol being something like 180 years old lol. And she had Sin with Ky btw.

M0rp43vs

Most Refined Escapist
Jul 4, 2008
I'm surprised no one bothered to mention Faust's instant kill where he performs plastic surgery and gives characters Cutesy-anime eyes/ Vintage-cartoon Pacman eyes/ Excalibur face, sometimes on top of stuff like eye masks, paper bags and helmets while the receiver either gushes about how cute it looks or how it's not cute enough.

Or May's IK where she stuffs you into a cannon and half the cast who can survive that just makes fun of her or points out places they want to land.

PurplePonyArcade

Apr 9, 2015
"Insulted?" To me its just a thing. Defeat is a defeat and to "hardcore fighting game players" like myself every defeat holds important lessons to be learned on how to better yourself as a player and secure victory.
As for Guilty Gear, instant kill moves in general are kind of an embarrassing defeat in general since they have so much, in fact too much , risk in using them. So instant kills are insulting yes, and Dizzy's is kind of stupid to me from appearance point of view. However losing like that is really and truly probably the best and most painful example of "you lost because you completely fucked up".
That's why I see the usage of words like "cheap" and "broke" as totally different words. Cheap is barely a thing. Its less something is unbalanced and more of you not liking it while broke is something that really is just poorly balanced. A cheap win is still a win but a broke character is broken. Dizzy's instant kill is neither since its not cheap or broken. In fact no instant kills are because of the heavy risk and the fact that aside from not being worth it to use its also not worth comboing into.
Have a nice day.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
PurplePonyArcade said:
"Insulted?" To me its just a thing. Defeat is a defeat and to "hardcore fighting game players" like myself every defeat holds important lessons to be learned on how to better yourself as a player and secure victory.
As for Guilty Gear, instant kill moves in general are kind of an embarrassing defeat in general since they have so much, in fact too much , risk in using them. So instant kills are insulting yes, and Dizzy's is kind of stupid to me from appearance point of view. However losing like that is really and truly probably the best and most painful example of "you lost because you completely fucked up".
That's why I see the usage of words like "cheap" and "broke" as totally different words. Cheap is barely a thing. Its less something is unbalanced and more of you not liking it while broke is something that really is just poorly balanced. A cheap win is still a win but a broke character is broken. Dizzy's instant kill is neither since its not cheap or broken. In fact no instant kills are because of the heavy risk and the fact that aside from not being worth it to use its also not worth comboing into.
Have a nice day.
There's no risk, unless you mean some guy just randomly throwing it out and praykng to cthulu it lands.

Every char can combo into their IK for 100 meter during the final round, if their foe has less than 20% of their hp left ever since Xrd changed thigs up, the thing is that to have the 100 meter by that point means you could have spent it prior to getting to that point to do an extra 20% damage, so you should have won anyways.

Unless you went for a crazy gold burst, ACTIVELY holding back just so that you can land the IK is the only way to do so, but the actual act of landing the IK itself holds no more risk than a basic RC combo. Dizzy especially can rc her ice special (236S) and IK you off of any hitconfirm lol.