A question to those who have at some point been punched in the face.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Pain and pleasure, I kid you not.
I've always fought because I loved fighting and that adrenaline kick from taking a hit and then hitting back.
When I take a hit though, I don't ever go down. I've never trained in fighting just been in a lot of fights.
I also beat 2 black belts at the same time by myself, they shat themselfs when I popped my own shoulder back in on the spot after popping it out to get out of a lock.
OniaPL said:
axlryder said:
OniaPL said:
It feels likea bubbling happiness. The first feeling is dull, numb, yet after that it changes into burning happiness that makes you smile, that makes you laugh. It gets your blood pumping and your brain racing; it's as if you are free for the first time in a long time, and all you can do is grin and laugh as the burn slowly fades away, but still stays there reminding you of what happened.
So punches to the face are your anti-drug?
Not really, violence is. Since I never punch first, to me being punched means that the social limits of inflicting violence upon others have been temporarily and partially removed in the name of self defense and therefore I view being punched as a positive thing.
I know the feeling, after being hit all the limiters you held by the logic of the situation goes out the door and you feel alive.
Free reign to fight how you please. I haven't felt like this in ages, my bloods pumping and I'm restless.
Talking about this just makes me want to fight again, I'm literally shaking.

Nami nom noms

Apr 26, 2011
I've been punched (and kicked) in the face plenty of times at my local karate club.

I would say that my personal experience is similar to the OP's description. I have a moment of sharp discomfort rather then pain and then like you said, its quite disorienting for a little while.

Sounds quite normal to me.

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
OniaPL said:
axlryder said:
OniaPL said:
It feels likea bubbling happiness. The first feeling is dull, numb, yet after that it changes into burning happiness that makes you smile, that makes you laugh. It gets your blood pumping and your brain racing; it's as if you are free for the first time in a long time, and all you can do is grin and laugh as the burn slowly fades away, but still stays there reminding you of what happened.
Not really, violence is. Since I never punch first, to me being punched means that the social limits of inflicting violence upon others have been temporarily and partially removed in the name of self defense and therefore I view being punched as a positive thing.
Well that was an awkwardly straight faced response. I was being jocular.

Fwee

Sep 23, 2009
It only really hurts getting hit in the eye or getting your teeth knocked through your lip. Otherwise your head's getting knocked back before you know what exactly what's going on. And then you'll probably feel fine unless there's more punching involved.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
No idea, never taken a proper punch to the face, never really been in a proper fight either. *shrugs* Been concussed once before though, but I can't relay any pain that would of caused because I can't remember it happening. I just woke up on the sidelines (I was playing in goal in a football match) feeling dizzy with my jaw feeling a bit sore and initially couldn't even remember that entire day which was kind of unnerving, but it did come flooding back on the car ride to the hospital although I never did recall the actual incident happening; but apparently I took a knee to the face. It's a pretty strange sensation, but in the end I'm glad that I didn't have my wits about me during the impact.

Luke3184

Jun 4, 2011
I got punched by surprise and knocked to the floor, then about five guys spent ten minutes kicking and and stamping on my face and other bodily areas, it was quite difficult to gauge which bit of pain came from where. But there was lots of it.... Yay for head scans.

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
axlryder said:
OniaPL said:
axlryder said:
OniaPL said:
Well that was an awkwardly straight faced response. I was being jocular.
My apologies, did not mean to burden you with unnecessary info, lol. Thought it was an honest question.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
So far I'm inclined to go with numbness, coupled with feeling somewhat sore, and mostly surprised at why everyone is making such a big deal out of your face bleeding.
Oh, and that was before having to eat through the corner of my mouth for a few weeks.

But then again, that was a hockey stick to the jaw, and not a fist. There may be minor differences.

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
Been punched in the face once, by a good friend of mine at school. So we were walking down the street and I was saying something irritating, over and over again (can't remember what), and he said, 'If you say that one more time I'm going to punch you in the face.'

So I said it once more, burst out laughing and got punched in the face. Didn't stop walking or laughing, just got that numb feeling.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Susan Arendt said:
Zhukov said:
Susan Arendt said:
Gets really hot, then hurts like a *****. That's right on the cheekbone, though, dunno about other spots. Oh, getting socked in the nose makes you feel all stuffy.
Oof, right on the bone has to sting.

Was the bone okay? Did you get away without a fracture?
Yep. Broke my glasses, though, which I was actually far more upset about. Those things are expensive, man.
No kidding. My brother shattered my last pair in a nasty brawl a few years back and my prescription ain't cheap (somewhere around $500 USD for a new set). I'm getting LASIK soon just to make sure I don't wind up like Arkham City's Penguin, smashed in glass and all.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
It hurt at first with a slight burny sensation, but then you completely forget about that once the adrenaline and total rage takes over and you start to retalliate and mash the blokes face into the nearest wall and make his friends follow suit. As my dear mother always told me "never start fights, but always finish them".

Yeah, I have a pretty short fuse when it comes to fights. My firends say its quite scary sometimes which is also the reason I never go clubbing anymore, theres just too many targets morons out there these days.

Rascarin

Feb 8, 2009
I haven't been punched in the face (at least, nothing that was hard enough to qualify as a real punch), but I have been punched in the gut. I didn't really feel the pain at first, I just laughed and told her to try harder (don't be deceived by the "her" - I'm also a girl, and about half the size of the one punching me). Afterwards, once the adrenaline wore off I felt sick, and then for the next couple days I felt bruised and nauseous.

BodomBeachChild

Nov 12, 2009
Hmm... yeah I've been punched in the face a bit haha =(
It just tingles and goes numb. The worst punch split my lower eyelid and and right below my eye brow (20 some stitches total). The next few weeks hurt like a *****.

captcha: lame duck =( Thanks for mocking me Mr. Captcha.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Depends on where you're hit and how hard. Getting hit in the eye hurts. Gives you an instant headache and makes your eye feel like it's about to pop out of your head. Getting hit in the nose is extremely disorienting, and stings like hell, but it fades pretty quick. Never caught one to the jaw, but something like the back or sides of the head I would agree with you, just goes numb. Hurts later, sometimes like hell, but at the time just numbness and maybe some disorientation.

That's for me anyway.

davros3000

Jun 8, 2010
it depends if you're concentrating on something else, like playing sports, or drunk. In that case it only registered it the first time i broke my nose (head clash playing football). Since then I've rebroke it playing rugby and it hasnt been too much of an issue, i've been paying attention to who I'm passing the ball too, for instance, not the person tackling me. Noticed more when I broke my hands/arm/legs. but you still try playing with a broken hand.

I go running now.

otherwise, it really hurts if you pay attention.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
For me it really hurts for a couple of seconds but then I just get a numbness in the area I got punched. I think it is because your body cancels it out so you can concentrate on the fight what with your adrenaline pumpin' an' all...