A Real Animal You Never Want to Meet

Aloran

Oct 9, 2008
captaincabbage said:
What are you trying to prove?

So it doesn't have any venom, I don't care, just keep it the fuck away from me.

Also, good choice on the Box Jellyfish, the top reason why I hate the ocean.
Wasn't trying to prove anything, just that it wasn't a camel spider bite that made that hand like that (although it is disgusting).

I will admit that the whole "not a spider" thing was a bit pompous, I apologise.

And yeah, I just think that jellyfish are bloody terrifying creatures. I got stung scuba diving by a tiny jellyfish and that hurt like a *****, so I definately don't want to get stung by something that arguably will kill me.

danintexas

Jul 30, 2010
Hippo - Those things will fuck you up son. Even if your in a truck - just means they get to play with you before they rip you in half

Phoenix09215

Dec 24, 2008
Anything with 8 legs and poisoness... The spiders in England don't bother me AT ALL, but if we were in Australia then that would be a different story :S

But if insects don;t count then maby a bear or a deer... If they have their cub/fole (don't know how to spell it)then they won't hesitate to beat the shit out of you!

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
Let's see, anything that could possibly kill me which includes:

Poisonous Snakes
Giant Constrictor Snakes
Giant Spiders
Horse Flies

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
ArMartinez02 said:
A mantis shrimp, i fear them mofos,
this guy was brave enough, but magine being stuck in a mantis shrimp infested water, with millions of themm beating the crap out of you. urgh
OH SHIT RUN GET YOUR HAND OUT OF THERE!!!! But really that made me jump.

But other then a mantis shrimp, I'd say a black widow. So damn small you wont see it till its too late.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Aloran said:
The picture you linked of the bite is from a spider with a necrotic venom, I can't name one at the moment
You're probably thinking of either the brown recluse spider or the whitetail spider, both have been connected with bites that can, in a minority of cases, result in necrotising ulcers.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
Covered the majority of nasty things like Camel Spiders, so what about...

Fucking Piranhas!

Enjoy the nasty video. Do not watch if you're a sensitive little pussy.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Aloran said:
captaincabbage said:

So it doesn't have any venom, I don't care, just keep it the fuck away from me.

Also, good choice on the Box Jellyfish, the top reason why I hate the ocean.
Wasn't trying to prove anything, just that it wasn't a camel spider bite that made that hand like that (although it is disgusting).

I will admit that the whole "not a spider" thing was a bit pompous, I apologise.

And yeah, I just think that jellyfish are bloody terrifying creatures. I got stung scuba diving by a tiny jellyfish and that hurt like a *****, so I definately don't want to get stung by something that arguably will kill me.
yeah, thank goodness for the internet, now I never have to go outside and deal with the beautiful, majestic horror of nature.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
RhombusHatesYou said:
captaincabbage said:
Camel spiders at their largest have a 12cm leg span. That's under 5" in the old money. That's not a very big for a spider or spider-like critter at all... but keep in mind I'm Australian so my concept of what a 'big spider' is may well be different to yours.
XD don't worry, I'm aussie too, I'm just arachnophobic is all, so any size is too big. Don't forget tho, that's 12cm span that's width, not length, it's still gross.
lol it's good living in victoria tho, the worst I have to deal with are funnel webs and those big fat black house spiders. Tho I did find a red back the other day in my wardrobe so naturally I flipped my shit.

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
Camel spider, seriously I would crap my trousers so fast it wouldn't even be funny.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yLBHIQUTl0&feature=related[/youtube]
Also, those crazy large Japanese hornets.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
Ultrajoe once told me a terrifying story [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.118413-The-Sydney-Funnel-Web-Unfair#2267154]. One of the Sydney Funnel Web. I think he created my greatest fear of any animal.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
RhombusHatesYou said:
similar.squirrel said:
The_ModeRazor said:
For me, well, I really fucking hate spiders, but I'm more scared of a T-Rex. Shame it's long extinct.
For something a little more real (that I could possibly meet, since ************ also lives in Hungary), you don't want this thing charging at you:
No f-ing way. That thing probably voted Jobbik.
Knew there was another reason I'm glad for not living in Hungary any more.
The pig in that photo was shot in the US by an 11 year old kid.
Oh. I heard about these. Apparently they're becoming a real problem in Texas [or thereabouts]. Not surprising, seeing as they look capable of eating a crocodile.

blindthrall

Oct 14, 2009
South African Giant Worm. 20 feet of oh-please-god-no. It wouldn't even have to kill me, I would die by shitting myself with fear.

I second lamprey, too.

Dec 14, 2008
Blatherscythe said:

The very image fills me with terror and awe

I met one of those in a dream once. We had a nice conversation, then it bit a chunk out of my freakin leg.

On topic: No creature scares me, thus I'll have no problem meeting them.

blindthrall

Oct 14, 2009
similar.squirrel said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
similar.squirrel said:
The_ModeRazor said:
For me, well, I really fucking hate spiders, but I'm more scared of a T-Rex. Shame it's long extinct.
For something a little more real (that I could possibly meet, since ************ also lives in Hungary), you don't want this thing charging at you:
No f-ing way. That thing probably voted Jobbik.
Knew there was another reason I'm glad for not living in Hungary any more.
The pig in that photo was shot in the US by an 11 year old kid.
Oh. I heard about these. Apparently they're becoming a real problem in Texas [or thereabouts]. Not surprising, seeing as they look capable of eating a crocodile.
Sorry to spoil the terror, but that's a known shop. The boars aren't too much smaller than that, though. They're supposed to be the most dangerous thing in North America you can legally hunt.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
captaincabbage said:
XD don't worry, I'm aussie too, I'm just arachnophobic is all, so any size is too big. Don't forget tho, that's 12cm span that's width, not length, it's still gross.
Can't see as a camel spider would be longer in body that it's full extended leg span.

lol it's good living in victoria tho, the worst I have to deal with are funnel webs and those big fat black house spiders. Tho I did find a red back the other day in my wardrobe so naturally I flipped my shit.
Heh. Growing up we had a huntsman in the letterbox that was probably a good 18-20cm in leg span.

ShrooM_DoughKiD

Jan 14, 2010
Pretty much all I can say, would be the deadliest ones, outside of Australia. Hell, the ones here aren't that imposing... Okay, apart from the king Brown or a pissed off Bull Roo.